PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan: 30,000 Islamists protest against US

Mister D
12-18-2011, 08:50 PM
ISLAMABAD (AP) — More than 30,000 Islamists rallied against the U.S. in the Pakistani city of Lahore on Sunday, demanding Islamabad cut off ties with Washington following NATO airstrikes last month that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers.

http://news.yahoo.com/pakistan-30-000-islamists-protest-against-us-172820243.html

Conley
12-18-2011, 09:09 PM
This doesn't surprise me...there have been so many that wanted the U.S. out for so long. After the latest debacle though, I fear we're losing the 'swing vote' too. Well, screw 'em. See how they like living under fundamentalist rule.

Mister D
12-18-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm sure they'll like it just fine but I doubt they'll like the US siding with India now in all future disputes.

Conley
12-18-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm sure they'll like it just fine but I doubt they'll like the US siding with India now in all future disputes.

Those Islamist will but what about the entire female population? I mean granted there are only about five women for every hundred men but still! :grin:

Mister D
12-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Those Islamist will but what about the entire female population? I mean granted there are only about five women for every hundred men but still! :grin:

:wink: :laugh:

Yeah, you'd think any "progressive" elements would be quite upset about poorer relations with the US and the West in general. I have to admit though that really don't believe in the concept of progress anymore.

MMC
12-19-2011, 01:37 AM
Wonder how they would feel to see 50k Americans in DC telling our POLS. Stop all dealings with Pakistan. Cut off all contact with them and send no more Aid in any shape or form. Not even humanitarian aid. Get hit by some disasterous strom. They're on their own.

I would make it a point to show up at India door bearing gifts.

Good catch D.....as the Paki taliban is making peace with the Government just so they can push the confrontation with some backing.

Mister D
12-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Wonder how they would feel to see 50k Americans in DC telling our POLS. Stop all dealings with Pakistan. Cut off all contact with them and send no more Aid in any shape or form. Not even humanitarian aid. Get hit by some disasterous strom. They're on their own.

Good catch D.....as the Paki taliban is making peace with the Government just so they can push the confrontation with some backing.

Exactly. How ya like them apples, Pakis?

MMC
12-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Exactly. How ya like them apples, Pakis?

Did you know that the Pakis also pulled their laisons Officers out of Afghanistan for those Nite time raids?

BOOMSTICK
12-19-2011, 12:03 PM

That is pure genius.

Mister D
12-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Did you know that the Pakis also pulled their laisons Officers out of Afghanistan for those Nite time raids?

i did not. Thanks.

MMC
12-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Yep.....they did this at the same time they closed the borders off to us. But now even Karzai wants us to stop the nite raids into peoples homes. Which he has been vocal about. The problem is all agreed to let the Afghani Security Forces lead. So thats who's leading with some helping direction.

More than likely they were the ones that made that call on the Paki's Border Set-ups. IMO!