PDA

View Full Version : The mayan calendar (MAY) have predicted a long term disaster!

happycustard3
07-07-2013, 06:55 PM
At the end of the last mayan calendar was not the end of the world, or sudden destruction. Instead, began the ice age. Slowly, the world began to grow colder and colder, untill we reached and ice age. Today, coincidentally, the mayan calendar has ended again. And we are more advanced than ever before, and have been advancing rapidly. But while doing this we have destroyed the planet. In europe, when there was only around 100 million people, (1000-1400 AD) the rivers were mostly polluted, overfished, the forests were disappearing rapidly. Today there is a wopping SEVEN BILLION PEOPLE! Thats more than 60 times than the european population at the time, in fact at least 20 times the world population at the time. We are at the beginning of an environmental DISASTER!We are pumping more CO2 into the atmosphere, causing rapid global warming. If you think I'm an idiot for believing legit scientists that global warming is indeed happening, then you also think that NASA, the NOAA, and 97% of scientists (SOURCE: NASA http://www.generalnonsense.net/images/smilies/biggrin.gif) are idiots as well, to any global warming deniers that may be lurking out there. Not only that we are clearing forests at least 100X faster than they were being cleared in the 1400's, if you look at a deforestation progress video you'll see the earth is going bare. So we are pumping pollution into the air, and removing the earths ability to remove it! Rivers everywhere are being polluted, drained, and overfished. Even the oceans are being destroyed, something the europeans never managed to do (Untill today, as europeans have basically taken over the world). Look it up, there is a clusture of human-induced TOXIC WASTE and plastic the size of TEXAS in the pacific ocean. Oil companies and such have spewed billions of tons of oil into seas as well. Think about it, should our planet be all polluted and destroyed like this? And why is this all happening in the century of the end of the mayan calendar, just like the ice age? Weather or not this environmental crisis was predicted by the mayan calendar, something has to be done, before it's too late!

GrassrootsConservative
07-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Please attach a source (link) to this article or essay.

happycustard3
07-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Please attach a source (link) to this article or essay. http://climate.nasa.gov/

happycustard3
07-07-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm sure I don't need to dig out a source for global deforestation, but if you wish to deny that as well I will get one for you. About the mayan calendar part, it's just strange that it coincided with the industrial revolution/environmental crisis, along with the ice age. (Source for that part: Math)

GrassrootsConservative
07-07-2013, 07:04 PM
but if you wish to deny that as well I will get one for you.

I'm sorry, but where did I deny anything?

2 posts here and already you're messing up.

Do you have a more exact link or am I just supposed to hunt it down?

GrassrootsConservative
07-07-2013, 07:07 PM
http://www.generalnonsense.net/showthread.php?p=294825

That didn't take long.

How many forums are you going to post this on?

happycustard3
07-07-2013, 07:08 PM
http://www.generalnonsense.net/showthread.php?p=294825

That didn't take long.

How many forums are you going to post this on?Why do you ask? Also, I'm sorry for offending you by using the word deny.

Trinnity
07-07-2013, 08:26 PM
A link is appropriate and customary.

This hair-on-fire "detroyed the planet"; what's that all about? America has been a leader in environmentalism - to the extreme, it's been put above life sustaining JOBS for people for the slightest of reasons. We all know the tales of putting people in the poorhouse for a minnow or a bird. :rollseyes:

Obviously this is a subject you're passionate about, having posted it on DebatePolitics and GeneralNonsense.net. Well, that's okay, you're perfectly entitled to post it on every forum on the web; no problem there. But I disagree with you about the extent to which people are to feel guilty about our stewardship of the planet. If you want to bitch at those responsible, I'd start with India and China, two of the worst polluters on the planet. We are indeed between ice ages; that's not disputed.

Oh, the climate change :drama: zealots dispute it; and I gather you're in that group, but that agenda is political. That's a whole 'nother can-o-worms.

http://i.imgur.com/EraUDyg.gif
<danger danger! danger, Will Robinson!>

keymanjim
07-07-2013, 10:28 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to accept predictions from a people that couldn't predict their own demise.

happycustard3
07-08-2013, 08:42 AM
A link is appropriate and customary.

This hair-on-fire "detroyed the planet"; what's that all about? America has been a leader in environmentalism - to the extreme, it's been put above life sustaining JOBS for people for the slightest of reasons. We all know the tales of putting people in the poorhouse for a minnow or a bird. :rollseyes:

Obviously this is a subject you're passionate about, having posted it on DebatePolitics and GeneralNonsense.net. Well, that's okay, you're perfectly entitled to post it on every forum on the web; no problem there. But I disagree with you about the extent to which people are to feel guilty about our stewardship of the planet. If you want to bitch at those responsible, I'd start with India and China, two of the worst polluters on the planet. We are indeed between ice ages; that's not disputed.

Oh, the climate change :drama: zealots dispute it; and I gather you're in that group, but that agenda is political. That's a whole 'nother can-o-worms.

http://i.imgur.com/EraUDyg.gif
<danger danger! danger, Will Robinson!>I do not ask that people feel guilty. It is the governments job to stop people from throwing trash into the rivers, oceans, and anywhere else that might cause harm. Oh wait they already did. I've seen unlawful to litter signs everywhere, yet I still see broken wine bottles in ditches, paper and plastic all over the ground etc. It absolutely disgusts me. I also remember the last time I went to the beach there was trash all over the place, and not just the human sh*t in the water. The united states is probably the most strict there is with wild life, considering I'm breaking the law right now by having a hawk feather I picked off the ground. They do however need to protect there forests more than they do right now, as there is still major deforestation. I mean come on we've already removed almost all eastern forests. If your wondering how much fossil fuels are burned in the average day, this should give you an idea: 3166

happycustard3
07-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Also, if you think I'm saying europeans are any better, I'm not. I was saying the ones of the 1400's were destructive but still better than today. Todays europe is far worse than todays america.

Trinnity
07-08-2013, 08:09 PM
I do not ask that people feel guilty. It is the governments job to stop people from throwing trash into the rivers, oceans, and anywhere else that might cause harm.On a state level that can be done is the people wish it. On the federal level it's not. This is just another example of the fgov exceeding it's constitutional authority.

Oh wait they already did. I've seen unlawful to litter signs everywhere, yet I still see broken wine bottles in ditches, paper and plastic all over the ground etc. It absolutely disgusts me. I also remember the last time I went to the beach there was trash all over the place, and not just the human sh*t in the water.What are YOU doing as an individual to encourage others to NOT litter. And are you picking up some of it when you can? Please do so; I have. I never litter. Never have, never will. But the fgov ain't my nanny and it wasn't meant to be.

The united states is probably the most strict there is with wild life, considering I'm breaking the law right now by having a hawk feather I picked off the ground.Yeah, isn't that silly????

They do however need to protect there forests more than they do right now,No they don't. Private industry and property owners are supposed to do that. The fgov is the largest landowner in the country. I think that's just wrong.

as there is still major deforestation.No there's not. There are lots of trees. Millions and millions and more millions of them. My property is almost all trees and it's about a hundred acres. Most of my county is wooded. Lord have mercy - this country is very wooded.

I mean come on we've already removed almost all eastern forests.That is simply not true. My god man, get a grip on yourself.
If your wondering how much fossil fuels are burned in the average day, this should give you an idea:
3166Well hell, honey - do your part and live the simple life in a cave of some some such Neanderthal existence, but don't expect the rest of us to.