PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Blasts Egypt's Shocking Treatment of Women.....

MMC
12-20-2011, 09:24 PM
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton denounced Egypt's treatment of women as "shocking" and a "disgrace" to the state after troops were shown ripping off a female protester's clothes.
In unusually strong remarks, Clinton accused Egyptian authorities of failing the country's women since the revolution that overthrew president Hosni Mubarak, both by excluding them from power and humiliating them in the streets.
"This systematic degradation of Egyptian women dishonors the revolution, disgraces the state and its uniform and is not worthy of a great people," Clinton said in a speech at Georgetown University.

She denounced a "deeply troubling pattern" of military authorities and the major political parties alike keeping Egyptian women out of the decision-making process.

Beating women on the street "is not cultural, it's criminal and it needs to be addressed and treated as such," she said to applause.....snip~

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/clinton-blasts-egypts-shocking-treatment-women-013436349.html

Now entering the 5th day of riotiong and today Egypt's women all got out and marched on that Square. How that new form of Democracy working out. Right here is one Obama weakness for the show. Notice the MB stands to gain no matter what. What is their concept on women? Oh that didnt get figured into the mix when they were talking about getting Egyptians their rights.

Btw how is this blasting the Egyptians giving a speech to Georgetown University? I mean blasting them would be like making a statement directly to them. The UN. A President or Premiere or mentioning some of the Names of that Egyptian Military Leadership that is running the country. Now that would be blasting them.

Conley
12-21-2011, 08:39 AM
It's not shocking at all, it's exactly what we've come to expect from Egypt and that part of the world. I'm sure they couldn't care less what Hillary thinks of their treatment of women. I do believe such actions should be condemned and called out, so I don't fault her for that. It's barbaric.

MMC
12-21-2011, 09:23 AM
It's not shocking at all, it's exactly what we've come to expect from Egypt and that part of the world. I'm sure they couldn't care less what Hillary thinks of their treatment of women. I do believe such actions should be condemned and called out, so I don't fault her for that. It's barbaric.

She is the S.O.S. don't you think the Egyptians will listen when she is speaking from that Mantel and directly to them? Shouldn't she be calling out their names now dircetly to them. BTW wheres Amnesty International why aint they out on those streets telling the Egyptian Military......Yep we got that on tape. LIVE not Memorex!!!!!

Bottom line is we have our answer and like one of the Demos stated already. Howard Dean,(yeeeeeeahhhh<<<<<Dean yell) it's a New Version of Democracy! :rollseyes:

Conley
12-21-2011, 09:32 AM
But why would the Egyptians listen to us? Especially this administration who has proved they are full of just empty rhetoric...words don't mean a thing unless they're backed up by actions, right?

MMC
12-21-2011, 09:36 AM
But why would the Egyptians listen to us? Especially this administration who has proved they are full of just empty rhetoric...words don't mean a thing unless they're backed up by actions, right?

Because they want that 70 million for their upcoming New Elections. Because we dump 160 mil on them in Military Aid. Plus for the best reason of all. Cuz we can kick their azz!

Wonder how the Mid East and Africa would like it if we really did start playing bully!

Conley
12-21-2011, 09:41 AM
I just can't wrap my head around 70M for elections and 160 in Military Aid...if we are really doing that then God help us.

MMC
12-21-2011, 09:59 AM
I just can't wrap my head around 70M for elections and 160 in Military Aid...if we are really doing that then God help us.

(Reuters) - The United States has given Egypt an average of $2 billion annually since 1979, much of it military aid, according to the Congressional Research Service. The combined total makes Egypt the second largest recipient of U.S. aid after Israel.

In 2010, $1.3 billion went to strengthen Egyptian forces versus $250 million in economic aid. Another $1.9 million went for training meant to bolster long-term U.S.-Egyptian military cooperation. Egypt also receives hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of excess military hardware annually from the Pentagon.

The Obama administration has asked Congress to approve similar sums for the 2011 fiscal year.

Part of U.S. economic aid is spent on democracy promotion programs in Egypt, a policy that has generated controversy in recent years. "On principle, the Egyptian government rejects U.S. assistance for democracy promotion activities, though it has grudgingly accepted a certain degree of programing," Jeremy Sharp of the Congressional Research Service said in a background report updated on January 28.....snip~

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/29/us-egypt-usa-aid-idUSTRE70S0IN20110129 <<<<<More Here.

Oh yes brutha.....did you forget CZARkosy/Sarkosy promising 40 Mil to Match ours. Then Egypt coming back and stating they needed 25 mil for this Election they suppose to be having. Check the link and see who was getting F-16s and Abrams Tanks from US. Including some other military perks!!!!!

Conley
12-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Holy crap...this needs to end now. Another thing I agree with Ron Paul about. That's a ridiculous waste of money. We're funding the Muslim Brotherhood now? :violent1:

MMC
12-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Holy crap...this needs to end now. Another thing I agree with Ron Paul about. That's a ridiculous waste of money. We're funding the Muslim Brotherhood now? :violent1:

WTF is long term bolster US / Egyptian military cooperation. <<<<<can you say scam. As in scamming the American People for some BS like this. 1.9 Billion yep thats with a fricken B. We are already cooperating and IMO that 1.3 Billion to strengthen their Military Forces. UHM.....in my eyes thats says. :yo2: We CO-Operating already.....got that!!!!! :whip2:

Mister D
12-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Didn't Egyptian mobs rape two female reporters? Duh?

We give almost as much to Egypt as we give to Israel. Aid to Egypt however goes unmentioned much of the time.

GRUMPY
12-21-2011, 11:19 AM
i find your attempts to denigrate the arab spring just shocking, shocking i say.....

Conley
12-21-2011, 11:19 AM
I just told my OL about this...now she's as pissed as I am :laugh:

People should definitely know about this. She knew Israel was #1 of course...you're right D, that gets play all the time. People should know who #2 is.

Mister D
12-21-2011, 11:21 AM
I just told my OL about this...now she's as pissed as I am :laugh:

People should definitely know about this. She knew Israel was #1 of course...you're right D, that gets play all the time. People should know who #2 is.

Granted, Israel gets significantly more but Egypt still gets a lot of cash from us. A LOT.

GRUMPY
12-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Granted, Israel gets significantly more but Egypt still gets a lot of cash from us. A LOT.

well the dollar doesn't go as far as it used to and it all belongs to china anyway....if the chinese say okay then okay it is.....

MMC
12-21-2011, 04:19 PM
6days of non-stop Rioting. Where is John Kerry?(the Putz) He was the one to run over there because he just had to see Democracy in action. Notice how all the Demos get real quiet when it comes to Egypt. Also it was Kerry and his bill for Nation building and Infrastructure that pushed Obama to come out against Mubarak. Who had held the MB in check.

Now the MB is in Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, oh and of course Syria and Iraq. Most all Sunni Countries!

GRUMPY
12-21-2011, 06:30 PM
if they start gay bashing that will really raise the ire of our first gay prez....

Mister D
12-21-2011, 08:51 PM
if they start gay bashing that will really raise the ire of our first gay prez....

He'll send in the Marines for sure.