PDA

View Full Version : George Floyd Statue vandalism

donttread
10-04-2021, 12:08 PM
I'm sure you all know that a George Floyd Memorial in NYC was vandalized. For the record that is not the way to make a point much as the same being done to Civil War general's memorials etc. in the South. It's all ciminal behavior but forgivable ( with consequences accepted for the very young.

I would like people to weigh in on the below question especially liberals. Please everyone treat each other with respect on this thread.

Regardless of your beliefs about what happened that day or about systemic racism in general George has been memorialized in media , statue and related ways please answer the below questions:.

Is he a hero? If so please explain why or why not.
Do you have concerns that memorializing him sends the wrong message due to his active drug addiction, criminal record and violent history.?Especially for kids who might see him as a role model? Why or why not?

https://www.aol.com/news/george-floyd-memorial-statue-york-195215554-145825708.html

Cletus
10-04-2021, 12:21 PM
George Floyd was a violent, drug addicted career criminal. The best thing he ever did for society was die.

Unfortunately, the manner of his death caused a lot of really, really stupid people to see him as a martyr and use his death as an excuse to riot, burn, and destroy the lives of many small business owners.

RMNIXON
10-04-2021, 01:06 PM
I don't condone this either, but when the left do it they call it racial justice and even Art. Not joking I actually saw photos of Civil War monument vandalism posted online as an art exhibit.

Tahuyaman
10-04-2021, 04:51 PM
George Floyd was not a hero. He was a career criminal and just plain human debris. It's a shame people like him are made into a hero by the media and race baiters.

Dr. Who
10-04-2021, 10:02 PM
I'm sure you all know that a George Floyd Memorial in NYC was vandalized. For the record that is not the way to make a point much as the same being done to Civil War general's memorials etc. in the South. It's all ciminal behavior but forgivable ( with consequences accepted for the very young.

I would like people to weigh in on the below question especially liberals. Please everyone treat each other with respect on this thread.

Regardless of your beliefs about what happened that day or about systemic racism in general George has been memorialized in media , statue and related ways please answer the below questions:.

Is he a hero? If so please explain why or why not.
Do you have concerns that memorializing him sends the wrong message due to his active drug addiction, criminal record and violent history.?Especially for kids who might see him as a role model? Why or why not?

https://www.aol.com/news/george-floyd-memorial-statue-york-195215554-145825708.html
Without disparaging the man, he wasn't a hero, which by definition means someone a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities. Instead, rightly or wrongly, he has become the face of black victimization by law enforcement. I think that victimhood is a bad message to send to kids.

donttread
10-05-2021, 07:04 AM
Without disparaging the man, he wasn't a hero, which by definition means someone a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities. Instead, rightly or wrongly, he has become the face of black victimization by law enforcement. I think that victimhood is a bad message to send to kids.

Thank you. It's good to know that a very credible poster from "the other side" agrees on that. To me it even hints of perpetuation of blacl poverty kinda like LBJ alluded to.

Tahuyaman
10-18-2021, 08:51 PM
Yes. It would be better if modern society selected people of higher character to give them hero status.

The fact that these killings are generally only happening to fairly bad guys has to be a sign of something.

These things don’t generally happen to upstanding black citizens of high character.

That would tell me that there’s no epidemic of cops randomly killing unarmed black men.

carolina73
10-18-2021, 09:02 PM
And from the Dope at the Vatican

Pope Francis has once again spoken out in support of the George Floyd protests (https://g.co/kgs/MbemP7), this time in an address to the fourth World Meeting of Popular Movements (WMPM)

The gathering, a Vatican-sponsored event bringing together social justice organizations from around the world, was held virtually on Saturday, with Francis speaking via pre-recorded video message.

“Do you know what comes to mind now when… I think of the Good Samaritan? …The protests over George Floyd,” he said.

Tahuyaman
10-19-2021, 08:17 AM
And from the Dope at the Vatican

Pope Francis has once again spoken out in support of the George Floyd protests (https://g.co/kgs/MbemP7), this time in an address to the fourth World Meeting of Popular Movements (WMPM)

The gathering, a Vatican-sponsored event bringing together social justice organizations from around the world, was held virtually on Saturday, with Francis speaking via pre-recorded video message.

“Do you know what comes to mind now when… I think of the Good Samaritan? …The protests over George Floyd,” he said.
Idiotic.

Retirednsmilin308
10-19-2021, 09:09 AM
Almighty God and the spirit of George Floyd have already spoken on this issue.

He is disgusted by people worshiping George's graven image and struck it down with a thunderbolt.

That was God's " mic drop " moment on this whole George Floyd issue.

DO NOT worship George Floyd's graven image....but millions are still doing it.

Think on this....

What if George Floyd repented in the last moments of his life and God accepted him into the fold in heaven.

God and he are both looking down at how others have made him into a false god, and are now worshiping that false god they created, and doing violence onto others in his name.

Maybe George Floyd asked God to blast his face off the side of that building to send a message to everyone else to knock it off ?

This is entirely possible.

Cthulhu
10-19-2021, 09:27 AM
*snip*Is he a hero? If so please explain why or why not.

Hero? Obviously not. Heroes do heroic stuff. Getting dead because you're ret@rded is not heroic.

Concerns? Yes. Elevating and praising a dirtbag diminishes the stigma of being a dirtbag. We need less people like the Floyd - white, black, and every shade between.

If anything this should serve as a life lesson to every youth of what to NOT be. That being said, I'm fine if people lose interest and let it die of natural causes. I'd like the news to play something good for a change instead of the "if it bleeds it leads" narrative of negativity we've been spoon fed for so long.

donttread
10-19-2021, 06:54 PM
Hero? Obviously not. Heroes do heroic stuff. Getting dead because you're ret@rded is not heroic.

Concerns? Yes. Elevating and praising a dirtbag diminishes the stigma of being a dirtbag. We need less people like the Floyd - white, black, and every shade between.

If anything this should serve as a life lesson to every youth of what to NOT be. That being said, I'm fine if people lose interest and let it die of natural causes. I'd like the news to play something good for a change instead of the "if it bleeds it leads" narrative of negativity we've been spoon fed for so long.

Increasingly it seems that role models are not what they should be. From the way we see sports personalities and other entertainers acting both on and off the field to the idolization of straight up criminals. Hell there is an NFL defensive back who has fathered something like 11 kids with 10 women. Deshaun Watsun appears to be buying himself out of serial sex assault etc. Then there is the terrible behavior of sulking Aaorn Rogers towards the Chicago fans Sunday. We need more Jerry Rice and less LeBran. More Stawback and less Rogers .
On the other hand I remember my parents saying the same about the role models of my youth so maybe I am just old. Before that they just didn't report the anttics of Mantle and Pepitone as much. I mean it could be worse as the kids could be looking up to politicians

The Booman
10-19-2021, 07:03 PM
You know the democrats do not have the black community's best interest in mind when the elevate Floyd to icon status.

donttread
10-19-2021, 07:45 PM
You know the democrats do not have the black community's best interest in mind when the elevate Floyd to icon status.

Post of the day.

carolina73
10-19-2021, 08:08 PM
I'm thinking that George Floyd's statue looks like Mr. Potato Head so maybe we should treat it that way.

Dress the statue up.

George the Criminal

George consumes the drugs to hide them

George the Restaurant Security Guard

Cthulhu
10-20-2021, 01:11 PM
Increasingly it seems that role models are not what they should be. From the way we see sports personalities and other entertainers acting both on and off the field to the idolization of straight up criminals. Hell there is an NFL defensive back who has fathered something like 11 kids with 10 women. Deshaun Watsun appears to be buying himself out of serial sex assault etc. Then there is the terrible behavior of sulking Aaorn Rogers towards the Chicago fans Sunday. We need more Jerry Rice and less LeBran. More Stawback and less Rogers .
On the other hand I remember my parents saying the same about the role models of my youth so maybe I am just old. Before that they just didn't report the anttics of Mantle and Pepitone as much. I mean it could be worse as the kids could be looking up to politicians

As a general rule, famous people make poor role models.

donttread
10-22-2021, 07:23 AM
As a general rule, famous people make poor role models.

Many of these are beyond poor.

Great_American
10-25-2021, 10:09 AM
George Floyd was a violent, drug addicted career criminal. The best thing he ever did for society was die.

Amen.

Unfortunately, the manner of his death caused a lot of really, really stupid people to see him as a martyr and use his death as an excuse to riot, burn, and destroy the lives of many small business owners.

Agreed. Also, the manner of his death was his own making. When you violently resist arrest, be prepared for bodily injuries, and those can always turn south..