PDA

View Full Version : My Doctor Says...

MisterVeritis
11-10-2021, 01:13 PM
Some of you know I have had unexplained pain in my left leg. I went to my doctor for my routine blood tests and to discuss my leg issue. While I was there he said, "MisterVeritis, I am more than half way through you last book. You've got a great writing style. Your facts are right, relevant, and the way you offer them is entertaining."

I responded, "Doctor V...., you've got a great doctoring style. You have saved my life three times."

I think he and I should begin a mutual admiration club.

HawkTheSlayer
11-10-2021, 02:03 PM
Maybe just get him to not send bills.

MisterVeritis
11-10-2021, 07:10 PM
Long day. I noted in the paperwork I was carrying to the hospital that they should contact my doctor if the results were positive for clots. The results were positive for clots. But they told me I could go. So I went. I thought I would celebrate not ending up in the hospital.

Dr V... called me. I told him I was on my way to my favorite store to buy an expensive bottle of wine, which I planned to drink in celebration of him not putting me in the hospital. He laughed. I love that guy.

He gave me instructions, and I will follow them. But tomorrow I will get an appointment to see a doctor who specializes in blood and blood clots. Hooray for my team.

Oh, my left leg still hurts. One more oh. These clots are not in my veins. The angry little suckers are in my tissues. Capillary land.

HawkTheSlayer
11-10-2021, 07:47 PM
Wine, aspirin, and hot babe massage!
You'll be running marathons.

MisterVeritis
11-10-2021, 07:50 PM
Wine, aspirin, and hot babe massage!
You'll be running marathons.
One of the instructions was to double my blood thinner dose for the next week.

I don't see marathons in my future. An attractive willing woman might be interesting for a night or two.

RMNIXON
11-10-2021, 08:06 PM
Lower leg?

Might try some compression socks along with what the doctor recommends.

Red Lily
11-10-2021, 08:22 PM
Varicose veins?

MisterVeritis
11-10-2021, 08:33 PM
Varicose veins?
I have a few. These are tiny, numerous clots in my capillaries, deep in tissue.

I may still be in danger. I fully expect to be seen by an expert in the next day or two.

MisterVeritis
11-10-2021, 08:34 PM
Lower leg?

Might try some compression socks along with what the doctor recommends.
I have tried them. I spent lots of money on them. I look silly.

Tahuyaman
11-11-2021, 01:53 AM
Some of you know I have had unexplained pain in my left leg. I went to my doctor for my routine blood tests and to discuss my leg issue. While I was there he said, "MisterVeritis, I am more than half way through you last book. You've got a great writing style. Your facts are right, relevant, and the way you offer them is entertaining."

I responded, "Doctor V...., you've got a great doctoring style. You have saved my life three times."

I'll take Contemporary Fiction for $500.00 Alex....

MisterVeritis
11-11-2021, 12:38 PM
I'll take Contemporary Fiction for $500.00 Alex....
I don't like you. I think you are a mean drunk. Why don't you go bother someone else?

Tahuyaman
11-11-2021, 12:40 PM
I don't like you. I think you are a mean drunk. Why don't you go bother someone else?
Bless your heart.

Collateral Damage
11-11-2021, 01:18 PM
I have tried them. I spent lots of money on them. I look silly.
Then stop wearing them with shorts and sandals.

Collateral Damage
11-11-2021, 01:24 PM

Too much time spent sitting at a keyboard? I do, so not only periodic breaks, but I 'shake out' my legs, lots of water, and avoid espionage novels....

Tahuyaman
11-11-2021, 05:26 PM
I’m a happy drunk.