PDA

View Full Version : Actions to Support the Martin Family

IMPress Polly
07-20-2013, 09:23 AM
Here are three things you can do to demand some form of justice for Trayvon Martin in spite of his managing to escape a murder conviction recently:

1) Join the Boycott of Florida

In the wake of the George Zimmerman murder case in which Mr. Zimmerman was allowed to get away with pursuing and shooting a teenage child simply for being black, the Reverend Jessie Jackson (an associate of the deceased Dr. Martin Luther King) has said that he plans to call launch a boycott of all things Florida until such time as the state's "stand your ground" law is repealed if the U.S. Department of Justice fails to bring civil charges against Mr. Zimmerman. As this article (http://thehill.com/homenews/house/312381-cbc-members-would-support-florida-boycott) aptly puts it, Florida's NRA-sponsored "stand your ground" law (which was the first of its kind in the nation) "allows gun owners to use deadly force in certain cases when they feel threatened, even when there's an opportunity to flee the confrontation." Jackson has pointed out the impact of this significant loosening of the concept of self-defense: "Homicides against blacks have tripled since this law has been in existence." It has, in other words, created a culture in which the worth of human life -- and more especially the worth of black people -- is greatly devalued. The state's "stand your ground" law was used by the Sanford police as their excuse for releasing Zimmerman without charge initially, until a huge wave of protest subsequently erupted demanding his prosecution. It has also come out this last week that, though they were not expressly instructed to, the (virtually all white) jurors in the Zimmerman trial nevertheless considered the state's "stand your ground" provisions in concluding Mr. Zimmerman innocent of any wrongdoing. Since Jackson made the boycott threat, the Congressional Black Caucus has gotten on board with it, as has that famous musician Stevie Wonder.

The majority of U.S. states now have "stand your ground" laws, so a boycott of such states seems impractical at this time, but one must start somewhere. (My native Vermont, by the way, despite its broadly loose gun laws, isn't one of those states.) Since this case came up in Florida, and since Florida was the first state to enact such a law, symbolically I'd say this it's the best place to start.

2) Sign the Petition for Federal Charges Against Zimmerman

Immediately following George Zimmerman's acquittal a week ago, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), partnering with the famous progressive action group Move On, launched a petition demanding the U.S. Department of Justice charge Zimmerman with violating Trayvon Martin's civil rights by applying racial discrimination in his decision to pursue Martin. The petition quickly got more than a million signatures. (http://www.newpittsburghcourieronline.com/index.php/featured-news/national/15170-naacp-petition-to-file-civil-rights-charges-against-george-zimmerman-reaches-1-million-signatures) I recommend adding yours in order to maximize pressure on the government to act. The petition can be found at this link. (http://www.naacp.org/page/s/doj-civil-rights-petition)

3) Attend a Vigil for Trayvon Martin Today

Vigils have been organized in 101 American cities for today by the Reverend Al Sharpton's National Action Network. Visit this link to find a vigil near you. (http://nationalactionnetwork.net/events/563/justice-for-trayvon-national-day-of-action-vigils-in-100-cities/) Trayvon Martin's father will attend the vigil in Miami, Florida scheduled for 10 AM. Trayvon's mom and brother will attend the one in New York City, accompanied by Sharpton, at noon.

countryboy
07-20-2013, 09:48 AM
1. So you advocate supporting the Martin family by hurting poor people. Does that make you feel all warm and fuzzy? Proving yet again that libs don't give a flying fuck about the poor.

2. There is zero evidnce to support a civil rights violation. Why do libs insist on making shit up when things don't go their way? Even the fbi found zero evidence to support your bogus claim.

3. No thanks. I don't really care to hang around a bunch of racist scumbags.

Chris
07-20-2013, 09:50 AM
I don't know the Martins. I think this is more how to show support for an agenda.

GrassrootsConservative
07-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Here are three things you can do to demand some form of justice for Trayvon Martin in spite of his managing to escape a murder conviction
recently:

Trayvon Martin escaped a murder conviction recently?

Got a link for that, Polly?

I'd say what Trayvon Martin did was more like aggravated assault, and IMO justice HAS been served.

roadmaster
07-20-2013, 11:58 AM
No, even the autopsy preformed on Martin 17 years old showed liver failure. The young man was killing himself on lean. People talk about Zimm hitting a police officer but the truth is he did after the officer was beating up a homeless black man and got the police chiefs son in trouble doing so demanding justice. I am tired of the lies the media is trying to push and Zimm was liked in this neighborhood by all races. He had two black families that surround his house that though the world of him.

Agravan
07-20-2013, 12:05 PM
They have to hate Zimmerman. It's been ordered so by their leaders.

GrassrootsConservative
07-20-2013, 12:13 PM
They have to hate Zimmerman. It's been ordered so by their leaders.

I feel bad for Polly, not going to lie. She got sucked into this by her political party and now has to ride it all the way to the end of the line.

countryboy
07-20-2013, 12:40 PM
I feel bad for Polly, not going to lie. She got sucked into this by her political party and now has to ride it all the way to the end of the line.

Bullshit, she's a smart girl, and a true believer. She knows full well she's spreading disinformation. For libs, advancing the agenda is all that matters.

Common
07-20-2013, 12:42 PM
Polly you and I agree on many things, I respectfully totally disagree with you on this one.

KC
07-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Everyone please remember to stay on topic and avoid personal attacks.

countryboy
07-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Everyone please remember to stay on topic and avoid personal attacks.

Pointing out obvious disinformation is not a personal attack. If you are referring to me.

Peter1469
07-20-2013, 01:36 PM
The justice system in the case worked, despite all the attempts of the MSM to crucify Zim.

Travon's parents have actually acted more responsible than the talking heads.

Peter1469
07-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Pointing out obvious disinformation is not a personal attack. If you are referring to me.

It was a general warning. If you want to discuss Mod action, PM a Mod.

GrassrootsConservative
07-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Ah. Another drive-by topic from the master troll. It appears Polly has gone offline.

I should have known she had no intentions of a serious discussion, despite starting this thread. :rollseyes:

IMPress Polly
07-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Sorry G-Con, I don't live on PF: I get out and do things too. I was attending one of the vigils I mentioned in the OP.

Besides, it's not like there were any intelligent posts here to reply to anyway. My topic was aimed at progressives obviously. Should've just posted it in The Left social group, but it seemed too large a batch of material.

GrassrootsConservative
07-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Sorry G-Con, I don't live on PF: I get out and do things too. I was attending one of the vigils I mentioned in the OP.

Besides, it's not like there were any intelligent posts here to reply to anyway. My topic was aimed at progressives obviously. Should've just posted it in The Left social group, but it seemed too large a batch of material.

Reply to #4. I heard a lot about Martin, but never that he had recently escaped a murder charge.

Chris
07-20-2013, 02:37 PM

Why do you deem the op intelligent but no one else's?

IMPress Polly
07-20-2013, 02:40 PM
*shrugs* I guess it's subjective really. I just put distinctly more effort into mine.

Chris
07-20-2013, 02:42 PM
*shrugs* I guess it's subjective really. I just put distinctly more effort into mine.

Yes, that was my point, subjective.

Effort doesn't mean more words. I was able to express myself, after much thought and consideration, in few words.

As asked in adelaide's thread, what is the agenda here?

GrassrootsConservative
07-20-2013, 02:46 PM

Yes, but there's little actual substance in your posts. And when you don't respond it gives others the feeling that you don't really want discussion.

If you don't want discussion, if you just want a soap-box, go to a blog. Forums are for conversation. Blogs are for soap-boxing.

/Edit: And if we graded everything on effort, nobody would ever fail. Substance is all that matters.

roadmaster
07-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Why do you deem the op intelligent but no one else's? If I had looked at the facts, weighed in all of it regardless of race, would have came to the same conclusion. This place had many quotes races living there and many phone calls to the police from them also of break-ins. The ones violated all say by the time the police arrived hiding in their home the ones stealing had fled. They only showed Zimms phone calls to the police and tried to make him look dumb. Most of the calls he made were from homeowners calling him. He was very well liked in this community and they have records of Zimm saying I am calling don't want to confront them.

countryboy
07-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Spreading disinformation does require effort. But it doesn't make you any more intelligent than anyone else. :

Cigar
07-22-2013, 07:22 AM
Here are three things you can do to demand some form of justice for Trayvon Martin in spite of his managing to escape a murder conviction recently:

1) Join the Boycott of Florida

In the wake of the George Zimmerman murder case in which Mr. Zimmerman was allowed to get away with pursuing and shooting a teenage child simply for being black, the Reverend Jessie Jackson (an associate of the deceased Dr. Martin Luther King) has said that he plans to call launch a boycott of all things Florida until such time as the state's "stand your ground" law is repealed if the U.S. Department of Justice fails to bring civil charges against Mr. Zimmerman. As this article (http://thehill.com/homenews/house/312381-cbc-members-would-support-florida-boycott) aptly puts it, Florida's NRA-sponsored "stand your ground" law (which was the first of its kind in the nation) "allows gun owners to use deadly force in certain cases when they feel threatened, even when there's an opportunity to flee the confrontation." Jackson has pointed out the impact of this significant loosening of the concept of self-defense: "Homicides against blacks have tripled since this law has been in existence." It has, in other words, created a culture in which the worth of human life -- and more especially the worth of black people -- is greatly devalued. The state's "stand your ground" law was used by the Sanford police as their excuse for releasing Zimmerman without charge initially, until a huge wave of protest subsequently erupted demanding his prosecution. It has also come out this last week that, though they were not expressly instructed to, the (virtually all white) jurors in the Zimmerman trial nevertheless considered the state's "stand your ground" provisions in concluding Mr. Zimmerman innocent of any wrongdoing. Since Jackson made the boycott threat, the Congressional Black Caucus has gotten on board with it, as has that famous musician Stevie Wonder.

The majority of U.S. states now have "stand your ground" laws, so a boycott of such states seems impractical at this time, but one must start somewhere. (My native Vermont, by the way, despite its broadly loose gun laws, isn't one of those states.) Since this case came up in Florida, and since Florida was the first state to enact such a law, symbolically I'd say this it's the best place to start.

2) Sign the Petition for Federal Charges Against Zimmerman

Immediately following George Zimmerman's acquittal a week ago, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), partnering with the famous progressive action group Move On, launched a petition demanding the U.S. Department of Justice charge Zimmerman with violating Trayvon Martin's civil rights by applying racial discrimination in his decision to pursue Martin. The petition quickly got more than a million signatures. (http://www.newpittsburghcourieronline.com/index.php/featured-news/national/15170-naacp-petition-to-file-civil-rights-charges-against-george-zimmerman-reaches-1-million-signatures) I recommend adding yours in order to maximize pressure on the government to act. The petition can be found at this link. (http://www.naacp.org/page/s/doj-civil-rights-petition)

3) Attend a Vigil for Trayvon Martin Today

Vigils have been organized in 101 American cities for today by the Reverend Al Sharpton's National Action Network. Visit this link to find a vigil near you. (http://nationalactionnetwork.net/events/563/justice-for-trayvon-national-day-of-action-vigils-in-100-cities/) Trayvon Martin's father will attend the vigil in Miami, Florida scheduled for 10 AM. Trayvon's mom and brother will attend the one in New York City, accompanied by Sharpton, at noon.

I won't be able to do any ...

But I'm comfortable in knowing that Trayvon Martin's gift to George Zimmerman ... is the gift of knowing what it's like to be profiled and followed for the rest of his life, without someone ever knowing the real and true George Zimmerman.

How does it feel?

Chris
07-22-2013, 08:46 AM
I won't be able to do any ...

But I'm comfortable in knowing that Trayvon Martin's gift to George Zimmerman ... is the gift of knowing what it's like to be profiled and followed for the rest of his life, without someone ever knowing the real and true George Zimmerman.

How does it feel?

George isn't here to answer, cigar.

How will he be profiled, explain that.

Cigar
07-22-2013, 08:47 AM
George isn't here to answer, cigar.

How will he be profiled, explain that.

We'll find out ... won't we?

Chris
07-22-2013, 08:49 AM
We'll find out ... won't we?

So you can't explain your balderdash.

Cigar
07-22-2013, 08:50 AM
So you can't explain your balderdash.

There is NO EXPLANATION:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/36510_212572895566444_412014610_n.jpg

Chris
07-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Who's blaming the victim, cigar, why make things up?

nic34
07-22-2013, 09:38 AM
No, even the autopsy preformed on Martin 17 years old showed liver failure. The young man was killing himself on lean. People talk about Zimm hitting a police officer but the truth is he did after the officer was beating up a homeless black man and got the police chiefs son in trouble doing so demanding justice. I am tired of the lies the media is trying to push and Zimm was liked in this neighborhood by all races. He had two black families that surround his house that though the world of him.

Quit with the made up R/W lies....

Right Wing(nut) Lie of the Week- Trayvon Martin had Ingredients for DXM Abuse

Oh the ignorance coupled with hatred…

Good old Wingnut News Daily is gleefully reporting on the “serious investigative work” of the racist far right wing nut blogger “sundancer”‘s The Conservative Treehouse who claims that the Skittles and iced tea Trayvon Martin was carrying when murdered are essential ingredients in the Dextromethorphan (DXM) concoction called “lean”. He further claims that the autopsy shows liver damage consistent with DXM abuse, and that DXM abuse causes psychosis and aggression over the long term.

Now…where to start?

http://drugsandotherthings.wordpress.com/2013/07/16/right-wingnut-lie-of-the-week-trayvon-martin-had-ingredients-for-dxm-abuse/

Chris
07-22-2013, 09:57 AM
Quit with the made up R/W lies....

Right Wing(nut) Lie of the Week- Trayvon Martin had Ingredients for DXM Abuse

Oh the ignorance coupled with hatred…

Good old Wingnut News Daily is gleefully reporting on the “serious investigative work” of the racist far right wing nut blogger “sundancer”‘s The Conservative Treehouse who claims that the Skittles and iced tea Trayvon Martin was carrying when murdered are essential ingredients in the Dextromethorphan (DXM) concoction called “lean”. He further claims that the autopsy shows liver damage consistent with DXM abuse, and that DXM abuse causes psychosis and aggression over the long term.

Now…where to start?

http://drugsandotherthings.wordpress.com/2013/07/16/right-wingnut-lie-of-the-week-trayvon-martin-had-ingredients-for-dxm-abuse/

Nice attacking the messenger but these are facts about Martin. Go to http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/14772-The-Truth-About-Trayvon-Martin-And-George-Zimmerman and listen to all the facts.

nic34
07-22-2013, 10:01 AM
I just refuted that junk you buy into....

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/05/17/trayvon.martin.autopsy.pdf?hpt=hp_t2

Cigar
07-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Who's blaming the victim, cigar, why make things up?

really Chris ... :rollseyes:

nic34
07-22-2013, 10:04 AM
...and I'll ATTACK anyone I think is a liar....

Agravan
07-22-2013, 10:05 AM
"liar" meaning anyone you disagree with.

Cigar
07-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Personally I'm over the Trayvon Martin case, Trayvon is dead and there's nothing anyone can do about, Treyvon. This has been a teaching and learning experience, everyone should now know how they should handle the next encounter like this. Once everyone knows the rules, everyone can play by the same rules.

We know the "expectations", we know the "rules of law".

... and we all know the roles each of us play.

Time to move on and move forward ... get-r-done.

keymanjim
07-22-2013, 10:13 AM

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/05/17/trayvon.martin.autopsy.pdf?hpt=hp_t2
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/keymanjim/lean-1_zpsdc90c35e.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/keymanjim/media/lean-1_zpsdc90c35e.jpg.html)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/keymanjim/lean-2_zps18afe8a4.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/keymanjim/media/lean-2_zps18afe8a4.jpg.html)

And, now your junk is refuted too.

Chris
07-22-2013, 10:17 AM

You posted an opinion that attacked a messenger.

How about you try to actually tell us what refutes what.

Chris
07-22-2013, 10:18 AM
really Chris ... :rollseyes:

Yes, really. You're a master of vague gestures.

Chris
07-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Personally I'm over the Trayvon Martin case, Trayvon is dead and there's nothing anyone can do about, Treyvon. This has been a teaching and learning experience, everyone should now know how they should handle the next encounter like this. Once everyone knows the rules, everyone can play by the same rules.

We know the "expectations", we know the "rules of law".

... and we all know the roles each of us play.

Time to move on and move forward ... get-r-done.

Personally I'm over the Trayvon Martin case....

And then you contradict yourself by posting about it.

Cigar
07-22-2013, 10:22 AM
And then you contradict yourself by posting about it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/995106_10151550386466275_1520700043_n.jpg

nic34
07-22-2013, 10:55 AM
You posted an opinion that attacked a messenger.

How about you try to actually tell us what refutes what.

The real autopsy discredited roadmaster's assertion. I provided an actual link.

Beyond all this...... WHATEVER .............. TRAVON DID NOT DESERVE TO BE KILLED.

nic34
07-22-2013, 10:56 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/995106_10151550386466275_1520700043_n.jpg

Yes. A ride. I asked this days ago.

Cigar
07-22-2013, 10:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Hzz17oS.jpg

Mister D
07-22-2013, 11:02 AM

Beyond all this...... WHATEVER .............. TRAVON DID NOT DESERVE TO BE KILLED.

he's dead because he attacked an armed "cracka". Stupid move. Get over it.

countryboy
07-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Yes. A ride. I asked this days ago.
That's just asinine. How many hooded men cutting through yards have you offered rides to?

Cigar
07-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Of course this assumes Trayvon was the attacker ... according to the only person who had a voice.

Like he said ... get over it ... George is an average Citizen now.

Cigar
07-22-2013, 11:06 AM
That's just asinine. How many hooded men cutting through yards have you offered rides to?

How else do you travel through a Townhouse/Condo courtyard in the rain without a vehicle? :rollseyes:

nic34
07-22-2013, 11:08 AM

One or two....

countryboy
07-22-2013, 11:17 AM
One or two....
Yeah, that's believable. :rolleyes:

You don't remember if it was one or two?

Chris
07-22-2013, 11:18 AM

Now that was specific!

No one is blaming Martin.

Chris
07-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Of course this assumes Trayvon was the attacker ... according to the only person who had a voice.

The evidence supports that view.

countryboy
07-22-2013, 11:21 AM
How else do you travel through a Townhouse/Condo courtyard in the rain without a vehicle? :rollseyes:
I know young black thug types don't like to use sidewalks. They usually walk down the middle of the street and won't budge a millimeter for vehicles, but normal people with manners usually just use the sidewalk. And we don't cut through peoples yards unless we know them and they have indicated they don't mind.

Cigar
07-22-2013, 11:23 AM
The evidence supports that view.

Evidence support both views

Cigar
07-22-2013, 11:26 AM
I know young black thug types don't like to use sidewalks. They usually walk down the middle of the street and won't budge a millimeter for vehicles, but normal people with manners usually just use the sidewalk. And we don't cut through peoples yards unless we know them and they have indicated they don't mind.

Thanks for clearing up the belief of profiling, racism and generalizations all in one paragraph.

Good Job

Agravan
07-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Sidewalks.

Agravan
07-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks for clearing up the belief of profiling, racism and generalizations all in one paragraph.

Good Job
I've run into the same problem. Black kids walking down the middle of the road who refuse to move for my or anyone else's car.

nic34
07-22-2013, 11:40 AM
No one is blaming Martin.

Really? You got your eyes and ears covered....?

Chris
07-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Evidence support both views

What is the other view?

Chris
07-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Really? You got your eyes and ears covered....?

Incapable of discussion?

You and cigars are the kings of vague gestures.

countryboy
07-22-2013, 11:45 AM

Good Job
Please explain how what I said is any of that? I base my remarks on my own experience. Do you deny that rude young black males walk down the middle of the road and refuse to move when a vehicle approaches?

Cigar
07-22-2013, 11:46 AM
What is the other view?

The one 3 out of the 6 initially viewed. :wink:

Cigar
07-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Please explain how what I said is any of that? I base my remarks on my own experience. Do you deny that rude young black males walk down the middle of the road and refuse to move when a vehicle approaches?

Have you "ever" tried crossing Michigan Avenue :laugh:

http://www.wjitimesobserver.com/polopoly_fs/1.2268979%21/image/2271546355.JPG_gen/derivatives/landscape_468/2271546355.JPG

Mister D
07-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Black males between the ages of 16-35 are BY FAR the single most violent demographic in the US. Support the Martin family by helping change that so other Americans don't look askance at people like Trayvon.

countryboy
07-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Have you "ever" tried crossing Michigan Avenue :laugh:

http://www.wjitimesobserver.com/polopoly_fs/1.2268979!/image/2271546355.JPG_gen/derivatives/landscape_468/2271546355.JPG
That's not what I'm talking about, and you know it.

Im talking about inna hood where the rude black males and my vehicle are the only two things around. A lady recently got shot in Akron when she tapped her horn to let the idiots know a car was approaching.

Kabuki Joe
07-22-2013, 11:57 AM

...self mutilation?!?!?...no, don't do it, it's not the answer...

Agravan
07-22-2013, 12:00 PM
That's not what I'm talking about, and you know it.

Im talking about inna hood where the rude black males and my vehicle are the only two things around. A lady recently got shot in Akron when she tapped her horn to let the idiots know a car was approaching.

He knows what you meant. He's just deliberately being obtuse.

Cigar
07-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Black males between the ages of 16-35 are BY FAR the single most violent demographic in the US. Support the Martin family by helping change that so other Americans don't look askance at people like Trayvon.

... and don't you forget it. :grin:

countryboy
07-22-2013, 12:21 PM
He knows what you meant. He's just deliberately being obtuse.

I know, and I would be shocked indeed if I ever got a thoughtful answer out of him.

Kabuki Joe
07-22-2013, 12:21 PM

...well, I can understand how you don't know anything about trauma from fighting since you've never been in a fight, but the only one with any trauma was Zimmerman because he was assaulted by Trayvon...the trial proved this...you loose...

GrassrootsConservative
07-22-2013, 12:24 PM
...well, I can understand how you don't know anything about trauma from fighting since you've never been in a fight, but the only one with any trauma was Zimmerman because he was assaulted by Trayvon...the trial proved this...you loose...

The autopsy proved this. I linked the autopsy in another thread.

GrassrootsConservative
07-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Martin's autopsy reportThe Volusia County medical examiner found that Martin was killed by an injury resulting from a single gunshot to the chest, fired at "intermediate range", between 1 and 18 inches according to a forensic expert.[14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin#cite_note-autopsy-14)[Note 6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin#cite_note-autrep-125) An FDLE analysis of Martin's body and clothes described the distance as "a contact shot".[120] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin#cite_note-126) The autopsy also found that Martin had one small abrasion on his left ring finger below the knuckle. No other injuries were found on Martin's body at the time of his death.[14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin#cite_note-autopsy-14) Physicians who reviewed the official autopsy report for the Orlando Sentinel, stated in their opinion that Martin lived from 20 seconds to several minutes after he was shot, and that Martin likely remained conscious "for a little time, anyway".[121] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin#cite_note-trayvon_heart-127)
The autopsy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autopsy) report stated that Martin had trace levels of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marijuana), in his blood and urine.[122] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin#cite_note-Time_THC_Martin-128)[123] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin#cite_note-CNN_THC_Martin-129) The toxicology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxicology) report found the levels to be 1.5 nanograms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanogram)/ml ofTHC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol) and 7.3 nanograms/ml of THC-COOH (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THC-COOH), a metabolite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metabolite) of THC that can stay in the system for weeks after cannabis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis) has been smoked.[122] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin#cite_note-Time_THC_Martin-128)[123] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin#cite_note-CNN_THC_Martin-129) Larry Kobilinsky, a professor of forensic science (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forensic_science), stated that the THC amount was so low that it may have been ingested days earlier and played no role in Martin's behavior.[124] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin#cite_note-CBS_THC_Martin-130)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin

No injuries other than the gunshot and what he sustained when he attacked Zimmerman.

countryboy
07-22-2013, 12:29 PM
... and don't you forget it. :grin:

You admonish me for stereotyping young black males, and then do it yourself a few posts later. Hypocrite much?

Cigar
07-22-2013, 12:31 PM

You correct ... only a real pussy would know :wink:

Some Night Watchman on his back, they may want to give George Zimmerman a Pap Smear to make sure he's not pregnant. No wonder a Gated Community can get Robbed so much ... with the type of security Zimmerman was providing, chasing teenagers, they may want to keep an eye on their little girls also.

Cigar
07-22-2013, 12:32 PM
You admonish me for stereotyping young black males, and then do it yourself a few posts later. Hypocrite much?

You don't have to be Black to protect yourself and you do't need a Gun to kick someone's ass.

But I'd understand if this is beyond you.

countryboy
07-22-2013, 12:35 PM
You don't have to be Black to protect yourself and you do't need a Gun to kick someone's ass.

But I'd understand if this is beyond you.

Mmmmm hmmmm

Mister D
07-22-2013, 12:36 PM

Progressives will speak of profiling but will ignore the 800 pound gorilla in the room. No pun intended.

jillian
07-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Progressives will speak of profiling but will ignore the 800 pound gorilla in the room. No pun intended.

so anyone who doesn't think it's ok to stalk an unarmed black kid is a "progressive".

life in the bubble must be fun for you.

Kabuki Joe
07-22-2013, 12:37 PM
You correct ... only a real pussy would know :wink:

Some Night Watchman on his back, they may want to give George Zimmerman a Pap Smear to make sure he's not pregnant. No wonder a Gated Community can get Robbed so much ... with the type of security Zimmerman was providing, chasing teenagers, they may want to keep an eye on their little girls also.

...right about you not knowing about fighting?...or about you losing?...

countryboy
07-22-2013, 12:41 PM
so anyone who doesn't think it's ok to stalk an unarmed black kid is a "progressive".

No, that would be conservatives, regressives only make up fake stories about it. :wink:

Mister D
07-22-2013, 12:41 PM

Why do you keep repeating this lie about stalking?

Anyway, the only people living in a bubble would be those oblivous to the real reason why someone like Trayvon would be "profiled" in that situation.

jillian
07-22-2013, 12:42 PM
No, that would be conservatives, regressives only make up fake stories about it. :wink:

are you alleging that "conservatives" don't approve of trayvon martin having been profiled and stalked?

cool.... i wish that were true, actually

Cigar
07-22-2013, 12:44 PM

Actually ... I'm endorsing the practice ... and it's a sure way to reduce the creepy-person population.

I'm betting the next George Zimmerman who stalks someone will get exactly what's coming to him.

The Rules have changed ... if you feel threaten ... neutralize the threat ... than call the police.

Cigar
07-22-2013, 12:45 PM
are you alleging that "conservatives" don't approve of trayvon martin having been profiled and stalked?

I think we got it from here ... George has shown the way to handle this issue.

Mister D
07-22-2013, 12:46 PM
It's incredible how even after the verdict progressives simply refuse to abandon their made up version of events. :shocked:

countryboy

No, we wouldn't approve of it if that's what the evidence suggested had actually happened.

Thank you for proving my point.

nic34
Cigar, are you saying play by THEIR rules?

But the rules are a stacked deck....

nic34
07-22-2013, 12:48 PM
It's incredible how even after the verdict progressives simply refuse to abandon their made up version of events. :shocked:

The "verdict" is one thing.... the truth is another.

Yes, STALKED.

Mister D
07-22-2013, 12:50 PM

Yes, STALKED.

Zimmerman thanks you for his acquittal.

Cigar
07-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Cigar, are you saying play by THEIR rules?

But the rules are a stacked deck....

I'll take life in Jail or the Death Penalty over being caught unarmed in a fist fight with a coward.

If the choice is between me or him, he'd better be ready to die for his convictions, because I'm ready to live for mine.

Chris
07-22-2013, 12:54 PM

No one stalked in the Zimmerman case. So what bubble are you describing?

Cigar
07-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Zimmerman thanks you for his acquittal.

He's welcome to come out and take a bow :grin:

http://www.dreamstime.com/take-a-bow-thumb13026234.jpg

Chris
07-22-2013, 12:56 PM

Yes, STALKED.

Truth is demonstrable, not mere opinion.

Kabuki Joe
07-22-2013, 01:01 PM

...I've decided that you are purely dishonest...my only question is are you dishonest with everything or you pick and choose?...

Chris
07-22-2013, 01:05 PM
...I've decided that you are purely dishonest...my only question is are you dishonest with everything or you pick and choose?...

And you expect an honest answer? :thinking:

Kabuki Joe
07-22-2013, 01:21 PM

Yes, STALKED.

...link that verifies this?...

Trinnity
07-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Here are three things you can do to demand some form of justice for Trayvon Martin in spite of his managing to escape a murder conviction recently Wut???

1) Join the Boycott of FloridaDumb idea and will have no impact.

2) Sign the Petition for Federal Charges Against ZimmermanReally? This wasn't a civil rights issue or a hate crime. It was a justifiable self defense against Martin, a thieving, drug using, fighting for laffs punk, who was trying to kill Zimmerman by bashing his head in on concrete after sucker punching him and breaking his nose. Trayvon was the person most responsible for Trayvon's death, and the president wants to use it to get votes for dems in the midterms. So.........no.

3) Attend a Vigil for Trayvon Martin TodayNo and hell no. Polly, I really like you, but you're misguided. Please stop fighting for bad causes. I'm actually embarrassed for you. You have no idea how foolish this is.

Vigils have been organized in 101 American cities for today by the Reverend Al Sharpton's National Action Network. Al Sharption is a race-hustling money/fame seeking, racist vampire, and a cancer on the black community. He would cease to have a "career" if he no longer inflamed racism against whites.

Good grief. This broo-ha-ha from the White House is all about getting blacks to the poles in 2014 to vote in more democrats.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnyDjO-OAjuwCXvggxvgDwPgWmo-BYrTczm84_c0dynN2e0qUoGw
Collusion

This country has gone to the dogs.

Cigar
07-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Wut???

Dumb idea and will have no impact.

Really? This wasn't a civil rights issue or a hate crime. It was a justifiable self defense against Martin, a thieving, drug using, fighting for laffs punk, who was trying to kill Zimmerman by bashing his head in on concrete after sucker punching him and breaking his nose. Trayvon was the person most responsible for Trayvon's death, and the president wants to use it to get votes for dems in the midterms. So.........no.
No and hell no. Polly, I really like you, but you're misguided. Please stop fighting for bad causes. I'm actually embarrassed for you. You have no idea how foolish this is.
Al Sharption is a race-hustling money/fame seeking, racist vampire, and a cancer on the black community. He would cease to have a "career" if he no longer inflamed racism against whites.

Good grief. This broo-ha-ha from the White House is all about getting blacks to the poles in 2014 to vote in more democrats.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnyDjO-OAjuwCXvggxvgDwPgWmo-BYrTczm84_c0dynN2e0qUoGw
Collusion

Al is busy getting his smooth and groove on

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JAVcKC-13sQ/UeoICI9g5iI/AAAAAAAAMyw/I9gZTsA0Cms/s320/al_sharpton_new_girlfriend2.jpeg

nic34
07-22-2013, 02:28 PM

Guess we'll be seeing ya at the kennel?

Agravan
07-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Guess we'll be seeing ya at the kennel?

Why, you need someone to let you out?

Trinnity
07-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Guess we'll be seeing ya at the kennel?Trolling and insults don't phase me. It's a waste of your time. I won't even bother to report you. <gnat>

Chris
07-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Nic's was funny, agravan's funnier comeback, trin's self-contradictory flop.