PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter

Common
07-21-2013, 02:54 PM
I like peanut butter now and then. Ive tried many brands of course not all of them theres so many.
I decided to stop trying them when I tried Planters Peanut butter. I only buy the small jars with 14 servings and it lasts me a month or more. I like it the creamy. So I decided to buy a jar of the Chunky.

Im sitting there with both jars in front of me reading the labels and I read on the creamy jar made by Kraft foods in America.

The chunky one says Imported by Kraft foods Global
Product of Canada.

Now I found that wierd as hell, all you have to do in the plant where you make creamy is add chopped peanuts and you have chunky, so why import it from canada. Somehow they are saving money

Germanicus
07-21-2013, 03:04 PM
I have the same problem in Australia. Most products that have a label claiming its Australian Made are not at all. The laws in regard to this seem to be very lax here. I have heard of products that have only been packaged in Australia yet are labelled Australian Made. It is false advertising. The lax laws also make it near impossible for a consumer to kno what is Australian and what is not. I want to have supermarkets and department stores that have 100% natonal product aisles so consumers have a chance at consumer responibility.

edit- we also have national brands that have been bought by Americans and are no longer Australian but benifit from the history. Many Australians dont even know that Arnotts is now owned by America. I was kinda happy to see that China is now doing to America what America has done to us.

What kind of kids eat Armour hotdogs? China owns Armour hotdogs now. Its a shame really.

Now China can tell you all how lucky you are that they are 'investing' in your economy. You must thank them. Thats what American politicians tell us Australians. We are so lucky America buys out all out national assets. Thanks again. Go 'free market' capitalism.

oceanloverOH
07-21-2013, 03:09 PM
I like peanut butter now and then. Ive tried many brands of course not all of them theres so many.
I decided to stop trying them when I tried Planters Peanut butter. I only buy the small jars with 14 servings and it lasts me a month or more. I like it the creamy. So I decided to buy a jar of the Chunky.

Im sitting there with both jars in front of me reading the labels and I read on the creamy jar made by Kraft foods in America.

The chunky one says Imported by Kraft foods Global
Product of Canada.

Now I found that wierd as hell, all you have to do in the plant where you make creamy is add chopped peanuts and you have chunky, so why import it from canada. Somehow they are saving money

I don't much care for the taste of peanuts (I know, I'm weird). But Mr. Ocean is a peanut butter lover....and he swears the best peanut butter on earth is Peanut Butter and Company. He's quite hooked on Cinnamon Raisin Swirl and Mighty Maple.

http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/peanut-butter-1.html

Common
07-21-2013, 03:11 PM
I have the same problem in Australia. Most products that have a label claiming its Australian Made are not at all. The laws in regard to this seem to be very lax here. I have heard of products that have only been packaged in Australia yet are labelled Australian Made. It is false advertising. The lax laws also make it near impossible for a consumer to kno what is Australian and what is not. I want to have supermarkets and department stores that have 100% natonal products so consumers have a chance at consumer responability.

That wont ever happen germanicus, profit dictates that if they can import it package it and sell it and make more money they will. Its about labor costs, corporations hate to pay labor and expect everyone to work to make them money for free today.
I think its absurd to make creamy peanut butter here and their chunky version which has identical ingredient listing in canada. Now mind you IM GLAD ITS MADE IN CANADA and not frickin CHINA.
Depending on where something is made I dont mind buying it. Canada, Australia, some parts of Europe, but when it comes to countries I know dont have our sanitation and manufacturing regulations thats where I draw a line.

Adelaide
07-21-2013, 04:47 PM
I don't eat it often, but I like the "chunky" peanut butter by Kraft foods. Maybe it's created in Canada because there is a higher demand for it here, and thus, shipping costs would be lower?

Common
07-21-2013, 06:13 PM
I don't eat it often, but I like the "chunky" peanut butter by Kraft foods. Maybe it's created in Canada because there is a higher demand for it here, and thus, shipping costs would be lower?

Even is shipping is lower it would be cheaper for kraft to make the chunky in the same facility it makes creamy they are the same ingredients.
Seems you like the same brand I do, Planters is kraft chunky made in canada, its good I just thought it peculiar one was made in canada and one in the US

roadmaster
07-21-2013, 07:11 PM
This is what my kids loved- some creamy peanut butter, thin coat of nutella and thin coat of mara natha all natural maple almond and butter- creamy. My grandchild says I am the only one that can make a peanut butter sandwich. :wink: Now if you want you can add some jelly of your choice.

Boris The Animal
07-21-2013, 07:12 PM
I've bought off-brand (Aldi's) peanut butter recently and I actually love it.

Common
07-21-2013, 07:43 PM
I've bought off-brand (Aldi's) peanut butter recently and I actually love it.

Ive had aldi peanut butter and I liked it, I like Planters better though