PDA

View Full Version : Warning to Other NFL Fans

Conley
12-25-2011, 10:29 AM
This was made way back in 2007...he'll be looking for a new job soon, so look out!

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/norvaway.htm

Special Guest Appearance by one Lovie Special Sauce, check it MMC :grin:

MMC
12-25-2011, 01:05 PM
This was made way back in 2007...he'll be looking for a new job soon, so look out!

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/norvaway.htm

Special Guest Appearance by one Lovie Special Sauce, check it MMC :grin:

:laugh: Turd AWAY......now that Sounds like Sleepy Smith being handed walkin papers. Althought I am worried as Ron Turner use to be Da Bears OC and he is Norv's brother. So come to think of it.....NOW YOU GOTS ME REALLY WORRIED. :angry: :shocked:

MMC
12-26-2011, 12:37 AM
I heard Dungy wants a job this year now. So Cowher, Grudin the Ravens former Coach and him all returning. Looks like Martz will be S.O.L. which means they may keep on for another year.

Conley
12-26-2011, 12:44 AM
Hmm...and Jeff Fisher too. That's four guys with rings and him. I wonder who the Chargers will pick. I think Billick was a product of his assistants, he had great ones especially handling his defense (Singletary and Rex Ryan along with great players like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed).

My choices would probably be:

1. Cowher
2. Fisher
3. Billick
4. Gruden
5. Dungy (couldn't win without Peyton, Gruden did it first year he took over Dungy's guys)

MMC
12-26-2011, 12:50 AM
Fisher is about the only one who put a team together. All the rest inherited top notch teams of the day.

Captain Obvious
12-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I was talking to my dad today, I figure Norv's getting canned in a week or two.

I wanted to be the first one to suggest it but it seems like every team that needs a HC has Cowher on the top of their list. He's the trendy HC rumor guy for the last couple years, but I can see him in SD for one reason only - he had the hots for Rivers during that draft year but wound up picking Ben when Rivers was selected earlier.

That's my only link here, but I doubt Cowher has any interest in coaching again. He's football philosophically fat and happy, doesn't have that fire in his belly anymore. Plus you have to look at the ownership dynamics also - Cowher wants total control, not many owners want to give that up and I don't know how SD's ownership is in this respect.

At the end of the day, why would anyone want to take a chance on a guy who's enjoying his retirement and want's a blank check on the gamble that he down deep really wants to coach again?

I would avoid Cowher like the plague for this reason.

Norv's a sucky HC but a great OC. Someone might be in line for a fantastic upgrade in this area if he gets fired.

Conley
12-26-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm not convinced Norv is a great OC. That's been the line on him but his real success was with those loaded Cowboy teams. He had a ridiculous OL, HOF QB, WR, RB, etc...I'm not sold on it. I agree they need someone with fire in the belly, and retreads lately haven't gotten it done (Gibbs in DC part 2, Parcells in Mia, etc.). If they had fired Norv last year like they should have they would've gotten Harbaugh who's got SF at 12-3. That dude gets it done and before Stanford even won at USD (private school here in San Diego, never a good football school).

MMC
12-26-2011, 09:15 PM
I was happy when they ran Ron Turner out of Chicago he sucked as an OC. I could see Norv being that. Course Chicago could help SD out by allowing Martz to go back out West. Ya can even have the Special Sauce I have a passion for the game Sleepy Smith! :grin20:

Conley
12-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Who was the D coordinator for all those great Cowboy teams? Was it Jimmy Johnson doing that too?

MMC
12-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Who was the D coordinator for all those great Cowboy teams? Was it Jimmy Johnson doing that too?

Yep him and Dave Wannstedt.

Conley
12-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Oh that's right, Wanny! Another horrible coach who got a lot of mileage out of those Super Bowl rings.

Captain Obvious
12-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Wankerstead as we used to call him as Pitt's HC.

You could be right Con about Norv as OC. I'd give him a shot though, Bruce Arians couldn't OC his way out of a fucking WV outhouse.