PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do If You Caught Jeter's 3,000th Hit?

Conley
07-10-2011, 09:09 AM
It was a home run -- not talking about running out on to the field and getting rocked by security.

The ball was estimated to be worth 300-400k.

The guy who caught it gave it right to Jeter. The Yankees gave him a crap ton of stuff (free tickets for the rest of the year) but I'm thinking I would rather have the money. Pretty stand up of the guy to give it up like that.

Guys who caught Bonds' home runs made out like bandits, he could have done quite well for his family. Paid for his kids' education for life. So what would you have done?

MMC
07-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Same deal.....i would give i back take thje perks and i would definately get some money out of th play. Pictures with arm aroundmy shoulders, autographed shit of all sors so that will be worth money in a couple of years.....then give that shit to my kids.

I am not a yankee fan so I will ask to change the tickets to my team the White Sox-South-Side in da house! 8)

Conley
07-10-2011, 10:06 AM
heheh yeh, f da yankees!

i'd give it back no problem if i didn't have dependents. with young kids though, i'd have to think long and hard -- that ball could make a huge difference in their lives that they might not already have.

of course, if this guy could afford a yankees game he was already rich! :D

MMC
07-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Aint that how it works most of the time.....like a millionaire hitting the lottery. I hate that shit! >:D

Mister D
07-10-2011, 11:13 AM
heheh yeh, f da yankees!

i'd give it back no problem if i didn't have dependents. with young kids though, i'd have to think long and hard -- that ball could make a huge difference in their lives that they might not already have.

of course, if this guy could afford a yankees game he was already rich! :D

That's not even funny, bro. That's the truth. Taking your kids to a game these days is like taking them on vacation. ::)

Mister D
07-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Kind of a cool story for Yankees fan to tell his kids, friends etc. 8)

Captain Obvious
07-10-2011, 05:54 PM
That would mean that I would be at a Yankee's game, which would mean that I was probably in a suicidal state.