PDA

View Full Version : suddenly wildlife everywhere!

strollingbonez
07-22-2013, 02:50 PM
we the constant ran, we are seeing wildlife...everyone has their tale of the fawns, the turkeys, the bob cats so forth and so on....i have not had much to do with anything....sure i see turkeys but since the coyotes have left we expected that....

so i am driving home..still on the main road....when i catch motion off the side of the road...o a large black dog....eep o no its a small black bear most likely a year or so old...even in my car it startled me....

so what yall seeing in your neck of the woods?

GrassrootsConservative
07-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Mostly bugs here in Nebraska. Lots of water beetles, bees, locusts, moths, butterflies, mayflies,dragonflies, and fireflies. Spiders and birds too, although this time of the year they mainly stay up in the trees. Saw a flock of bats circling in one of the bar spotlights walking home from work last night, that was pretty cool.

Adelaide
07-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Coyotes, deer, skunks, rabbits and wild turkeys are all that come to mind. Well, and snapping turtles but only if you go to the big river relatively nearby.

My dad used to hunt snapping turtles when he was a kid. There is a picture of him holding a giant one. By hunting, I mean stupid boys tracked them down and tried to hold them without losing digits and then putting them back in the river.

RosieS
07-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Bobcat, foxes, possums, armadillo, black bear also, wild turkey, HUGE feral hogs. On Thanksgiving I have a Florida Panther that visits. We leave some meat on the turkey and throw the carcass over the fence for a panther treat.

I think I am gonna miss the rural quality most with our downsizing and moving to a real city here in Florida.

Regards from Rosie

strollingbonez
07-22-2013, 06:24 PM
oo i think aramdillos would be kick ass...

RosieS
07-23-2013, 12:19 AM
oo i think aramdillos would be kick ass...

If you have a whistle or a horn it can be very funny. When my youngest was still in diapers I took him and a whistle out to the backyard. When you see them scurrying around, you blow the whistle. The armadillos armadillos jump about two feet in the air, straight up.

No matter how many times you do it, the 'dillos jump and the baby giggles. Every time!

Regards from Rosie

roadmaster
07-25-2013, 12:04 AM
Bobcats are a problem if you have chickens on a farm. They usually attack them at night and I had to track one at night and kill him. Not something a person wants to do but had no choice because dad was working that night. He usually took a shotgun and chased them off, sometimes shooting them but because I was young it was best for me just to use a knife. Would I send one of my kids to do this no, but I wasn't scared and very careful.

fyrenza
07-25-2013, 02:11 AM
I live in the middle of nowhere. This could be a wildlife sanctuary, but for the gov "rulez."

Armadillos (one lives in one of our woodpiles); opossum; skunks; wild boar, feral pigs, javelina; deer; turtles; lizards; snakes, of all kinds; water fowl (geese, ducks, egrets, heron); birds (cardinal, painted buntings, chickadees, titmouse, hummers, barn swallows, etc. ALL of the usual suspects!); rabbits; coyotes; some panthers; mink and sable, that got loose and bred; ostriches, that also got loose and bred; turkey; ... a LOT of other animals occupy this area, and we're glad to share it with them!

fyrenza
07-25-2013, 04:53 AM
Bobcats are a problem if you have chickens on a farm. They usually attack them at night and I had to track one at night and kill him. Not something a person wants to do but had no choice because dad was working that night. He usually took a shotgun and chased them off, sometimes shooting them but because I was young it was best for me just to use a knife. Would I send one of my kids to do this no, but I wasn't scared and very careful.

Two (three, counting the hyphenated) words : Pistol-grip crossbows.

No contact, but they're silent and deadly, withOUT the stench normally attributed to "silent, but deadly!"

And "ammo" is FREE, if you can find wood. :wink:

jillian
07-25-2013, 05:40 AM
I live in the middle of nowhere. This could be a wildlife sanctuary, but for the gov "rulez."

how could it be a wildlife santuary without government "rules"? without government rules, one of your corporatist friends would kill the animals by polluting the groundwater, destroying the air quality or fracking until they had no habitat.

edit.. .and this isn't a rightwingnut board... so how about you try to respect the pleasant threads and not do your little partisan thing in every thread?

thanks.

strollingbonez
07-25-2013, 05:40 AM
If you have a whistle or a horn it can be very funny. When my youngest was still in diapers I took him and a whistle out to the backyard. When you see them scurrying around, you blow the whistle. The armadillos armadillos jump about two feet in the air, straight up.

No matter how many times you do it, the 'dillos jump and the baby giggles. Every time!

Regards from Rosie

the jump reflex is what kills them....when a car goes over them...they will jump up into the car killing themselves

fyrenza
07-25-2013, 05:46 AM
Meh. Messing with you is too easy.

Go kill that beaver with your rabbit.

fyrenza
07-25-2013, 05:55 AM

Regards from Rosie

Holly CRAP! WTF does that???

For Entertainment Purposes?

Yeah. Let's give some wild animals Heart Attacks,
or for at least, scare the spit out of 'em.

Let me guess ~

Your child is bored with your nonsense,
and needs to learn to disregard the instincts of any wildlife that should wander up?

GOOD libtard training, In Action!
NO ONE matters, either, but you didn't exactly think things through to some logical end.
wut a shok

Welcome to Spartacus.

roadmaster
07-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Two (three, counting the hyphenated) words : Pistol-grip crossbows.

No contact, but they're silent and deadly, withOUT the stench normally attributed to "silent, but deadly!"

And "ammo" is FREE, if you can find wood. :wink: We made bows and arrows not pistol ones. I like animals too and never liked having to kill one. I prefer blow darts poisoned if someone was trying to kill me (wont say how on the net) which never happed but using this on an animal, they can still travel until the poison started working. Arrows in heavy woods if done wrong and you have to have clearance to aim may just piss off the animal.