PDA

View Full Version : Sunni Sect’s Ruthless Violence against Christians

Mister D
12-27-2011, 01:22 PM
This one is for you, MMC!

---
Boko Haram, the violent Nigerian Islamist group, whose name means “Western civilization is forbidden,” struck again yesterday in pitiless bombing attacks against Christian worshippers as they celebrated Christmas.
One blast targeted congregants as they left Christmas-morning Mass at the St. Theresa Catholic Church in Madalla, a suburb of Nigeria’s capital, Abuja. The priest said that 35 bodies were recovered and many other people were wounded as the explosion ripped through the church, leaving a crater.
Smaller bombs were detonated near two other churches, including the popular Mountain of Fire and Miracles Church in Jos, Plateau State, where a police guard was killed, and a church in the northeastern area of Gadaka, Yobe State, where no deaths were reported. An estimated total of 40 persons lost their lives in yesterday’s violence.
Coordinated violence targeting Christians has become a hallmark of Boko Haram as it seeks to impose strict sharia in areas that are already governed by varying degrees of sharia.

Continues

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/286674/sunni-sect-s-ruthless-violence-against-christians-nina-shea

Conley
12-27-2011, 01:55 PM
That is seriously messed up!

I didn't know Nigeria had sharia... :angry:

Mister D
12-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Christians have been targeted many times before though all over the Islamic world. Nigeria doesn't stand out.

Conley
12-27-2011, 04:07 PM
I just didn't know Nigeria was part of the Islamic world. :undecided:

Nice Avatar!!

Mister D
12-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Sort of I guess. There are a lot of Christians there.

MMC
12-27-2011, 04:17 PM
I was aware of this Christmas Day.....thought about Putin it up. :rollseyes: Instead I went with Peace and Good Will that day.

Conley
12-27-2011, 04:21 PM
I was aware of this Christmas Day.....thought about Putin it up. :rollseyes: Instead I went with Peace and Good Will that day.

Way to use Putin as a verb. Vlad approves! :wink:

Mister D
12-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Way to use Putin as a verb. Vlad approves! :wink:

:laugh:

I do like my new avatar.