PDA

View Full Version : So-Called “Legitimate Political Discourse”

RedStone7476
02-09-2022, 05:15 PM
When I hear the Radical Right Republicans (the RRRs, AKA the Retrumplicans, AKA Trump’s puppets, AKA Trump’s useful idiots) talk about “legitimate political discourse”, the first thing that I think about is what they see as acceptable behavior, and what they see as unacceptable behavior.

And then the next thing that I think about is their reactions to Obama and Trump. They see everything that Obama did as unacceptable. And they see everything that Trump did, and is still doing, as acceptable.

Here’s some of the things that Obama did that the RRRs see as unacceptable:

(NOTE: There will be some sarcasm in the following statements. However, these statements are based on real life events.)

> There was the “fist bump” issue. That issue occurred when the Obama’s shamelessly did an offensive fist bump for everyone to see. Thankfully, the vigilant and astute people at Fox News saw it for what it was: a “terrorist fist bump”. Obviously, that fist bump, in conjunction with Obama’s middle name (i.e., “Hussein”, a name that is VERY popular among MANY terrorist) proved, without a doubt, that the Obama’s were possibly terrorist sympathizers. America owes Fox a debt of gratitude for possibly preventing an Obama approved terrorist attack on the US. The people at Fox News truly deserve a Pulitzer Prize. (There’s NO “fake news” going on at Fox News ... for sure.)

> There was the “furniture-gate” issue, where Obama made the Watergate burglars look like choir boys. That issue occurred because Obama would frequently rest his feet on government furniture (i.e., furniture that did NOT belong to him, and ACTUALLY belonged to the AMERICAN PEOPLE). Thus, those despicable acts showed Obama’s disrespect for the American people. It’s important to note that he did NOT take off his shoes when he committed these heinous acts. Thus, it’s possible that he put scuff marks on the furniture. (If that’s not against the law, then it should be.) And those outrageous acts also showed Obama’s disrespect for our military, which at that time, was defending Obama’s right to USE that furniture ... but NOT to abuse that furniture.

> There was “education suggestion” issue. That issue occurred when Obama suggested that pursuing an education beyond high school would be a good idea, because it could increase your chances of getting a good job, and making more money during your lifetime. Apparently, many RRRs saw that as an infringement on our right to choose. Some of them even suggested that Obama was acting like a dictator. Apparently, they thought that Obama’s next step would be to round-up all of the “educationally deficient” people, and put them into internment camps, where they would be forced to study.

> And there was the “heath care” issue. That issue occurred when Obama wanted to pass a bill designed to provide affordable healthcare to the poor and the middle class. What a shameful idea! No self-respecting God-fearing RRR would want to make healthcare more affordable for the poor and the middle class. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that RRRs should do something like that. And we all know that the RRRs want every bill that they vote for to be Bible-tested and approved.

And now here’s some of the things that Trump did that the RRRs see as acceptable:

(NOTE: There will be NO sarcasm in the following statements. These statements are based on real life events.)

> On Jan6, Trump inspired so-called “legitimate political discourse” at the Capitol. That is, he inspired a mob to pillage government property; to destroy government property; to urinate on government property; to defecate on government property; to bash in the heads of Capitol police; to try to murder the Vice President, members of Congress, Congressional staffers, and Capitol police; to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power; to try to overthrow our government; to try to overturn the free and fair election of Biden; and to try to steal an election that Biden had obviously won.

> Trump also inspired other so-called “legitimate political discourse”. For example:
* He inspired his followers (including state level RRRs) to devise a plan to subvert the Electoral College process by replacing ACTUAL electors with FAKE electors in the states that he had lost.
* He inspired his followers to devise a plan to use our government to seize voting machines in the states that he had lost, and then turn over those machines to pro-Trump conspiracy theorists who would do “whatever they wanted to do” with those machines.
* He inspired his followers to devise a plan to declare martial law in order to redo the voting in the states that he had lost.
* Bottom line: He inspired his followers to devise plans to reject the will of the MAJORITY of the American voters.

I am absolutely amazed at what the RRRs see as acceptable and unacceptable. To them: The Jan6 attack is acceptable, but the fist-bump was unacceptable. In other words, they ACTUALLY see the Jan6 mob attack on our Capitol MORE acceptable than the Obama’s fist-bump. (My guess is that they see “Let’s Go Brandon” as acceptable.)

And I am absolutely amazed at what the RRRs see as “legitimate political discourse”. To them: Bashing in the heads of Capitol police and defecating on government property are ACTUALLY examples of “legitimate political discourse”.

What the H are these people thinking? Oh, I know. They are thinking what Trump tells them to think. They are doing that because Trump does not allow them to have minds of their own; and because they live in the “alternative reality” that Trump has created for them. They are truly Trump-controlled automatons. Bottom line: The Radical Right Republican Party is Trump’s “ship of fools”.

And what a bunch of clowns! Unfortunately, they are VERY DANGEROUS clowns because they are lawmakers; and because they are passing pro-Covid and anti-democracy laws, as Trump has commanded them to do.

Unfortunately for our nation, the Radical Right Republican Party is not like the Republican Party which was the party of Lincoln, Roosevelt, Eisenhower, and Reagan. Instead:
> The Radical Right Republican Party is the party of a serial liar, a con artist, and a cheat.
> It is the party of a man who was the Destroyer-in-Chief, and who wants to be that again.
> It is the party of a man who has no respect for the institutions that make America great. (Trump is actually an anti-MAGA force.)
> It is the party of a man who does not see our government as vehicle to make life better for average Americans; instead, it is the party of a man who sees our government as a vehicle to enrich himself. (Hey old people: Get ready to kiss your Social Security and Medicare goodbye, if Trump gets back in.)

As the book written by a Republican strategist says: Everything Trump touches dies. Because of Trump, and the Radical Right Republicans, America is NOW dying. As we all know, Trump likes the “Save America” slogan. Hopefully, our pro-democracy forces can “Save America” from Trump and the Radical Right Republicans.

If our pro-democracy forces can “Save America” from Trump and the Radical Right Republicans, maybe we can have TRUE “legitimate political discourse” in the Republican Party in the future.

RMNIXON
02-09-2022, 05:36 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Ld91r97.jpg

Chris
02-09-2022, 06:16 PM
https://i.snipboard.io/bomI6L.jpg

stjames1_53
02-09-2022, 07:11 PM
Is there anything we can do to stop the spam?

carolina73
02-09-2022, 09:18 PM
It was 57 and sunny outside today.

Should be golfing in a few weeks. People are already out on the courses.

countryboy
02-09-2022, 10:58 PM
When I hear the Radical Right Republicans (the RRRs, AKA the Retrumplicans, AKA Trump’s puppets, AKA Trump’s useful idiots) talk about “legitimate political discourse”, the first thing that I think about is what they see as acceptable behavior, and what they see as unacceptable behavior.

And then the next thing that I think about is their reactions to Obama and Trump. They see everything that Obama did as unacceptable. And they see everything that Trump did, and is still doing, as acceptable.

If you're going to start with a pack of lies, why should I read the rest of your verbose diatribe? Hard pass. Seek help.

Chris
02-09-2022, 11:01 PM
If you're going to start with a pack of lies, why should I read the rest of your verbose diatribe? Hard pass. Seek help.

I stopped reading at "Radical Right" because the left is radical and the right reactionary.

countryboy
02-10-2022, 06:28 AM
I stopped reading at "Radical Right" because the left is radical and the right reactionary.

I stopped reading at, "And they see everything that Trump did, and is still doing, as acceptable." Nothing could be further from the truth.

carolina73
02-10-2022, 09:39 AM
It is going to be warmer today. In the 60's.

Peter1469
02-10-2022, 09:46 AM
Up to a high of 56 here today.

stjames1_53
02-10-2022, 11:50 AM
Up to a high of 56 here today.

around 50 here. All of the snow we got is gone.........POOF! one day of weather and two days and all evidence is gone

Abby08
02-10-2022, 12:05 PM
I stopped reading at, "And they see everything that Trump did, and is still doing, as acceptable." Nothing could be further from the truth.

I quit reading, when I see who the author is.

carolina73
02-10-2022, 12:06 PM
Tom Brady may not retire after all.

Peter1469
02-10-2022, 12:22 PM
around 50 here. All of the snow we got is gone.........POOF! one day of weather and two days and all evidence is gone
There is a couple of parking lot snow piles. That is it.

stjames1_53
02-10-2022, 12:27 PM
There is a couple of parking lot snow piles. That is it.

even those are gone......but then again, we got an inch of ice and two inches of snow.

countryboy
02-10-2022, 12:39 PM
I quit reading, when I see who the author is.

I'm a glutton for punishment.

Tahuyaman
02-10-2022, 05:05 PM

(NOTE: There will be some sarcasm in the following statements. However, these statements are based on real life events.)

> There was the “fist bump” issue. That issue occurred when the Obama’s shamelessly did an offensive fist bump for everyone to see. Thankfully, the vigilant and astute people at Fox News saw it for what it was: a “terrorist fist bump”. Obviously, that fist bump, in conjunction with Obama’s middle name (i.e., “Hussein”, a name that is VERY popular among MANY terrorist) proved, without a doubt, that the Obama’s were possibly terrorist sympathizers. America owes Fox a debt of gratitude for possibly preventing an Obama approved terrorist attack on the US. The people at Fox News truly deserve a Pulitzer Prize. (There’s NO “fake news” going on at Fox News ... for sure.)

> There was the “furniture-gate” issue, where Obama made the Watergate burglars look like choir boys. That issue occurred because Obama would frequently rest his feet on government furniture (i.e., furniture that did NOT belong to him, and ACTUALLY belonged to the AMERICAN PEOPLE). Thus, those despicable acts showed Obama’s disrespect for the American people. It’s important to note that he did NOT take off his shoes when he committed these heinous acts. Thus, it’s possible that he put scuff marks on the furniture. (If that’s not against the law, then it should be.) And those outrageous acts also showed Obama’s disrespect for our military, which at that time, was defending Obama’s right to USE that furniture ... but NOT to abuse that furniture.

> There was “education suggestion” issue. That issue occurred when Obama suggested that pursuing an education beyond high school would be a good idea, because it could increase your chances of getting a good job, and making more money during your lifetime. Apparently, many RRRs saw that as an infringement on our right to choose. Some of them even suggested that Obama was acting like a dictator. Apparently, they thought that Obama’s next step would be to round-up all of the “educationally deficient” people, and put them into internment camps, where they would be forced to study.

> And there was the “heath care” issue. That issue occurred when Obama wanted to pass a bill designed to provide affordable healthcare to the poor and the middle class. What a shameful idea! No self-respecting God-fearing RRR would want to make healthcare more affordable for the poor and the middle class. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that RRRs should do something like that. And we all know that the RRRs want every bill that they vote for to be Bible-tested and approved.

And now here’s some of the things that Trump did that the RRRs see as acceptable:

(NOTE: There will be NO sarcasm in the following statements. These statements are based on real life events.)

> On Jan6, Trump inspired so-called “legitimate political discourse” at the Capitol. That is, he inspired a mob to pillage government property; to destroy government property; to urinate on government property; to defecate on government property; to bash in the heads of Capitol police; to try to murder the Vice President, members of Congress, Congressional staffers, and Capitol police; to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power; to try to overthrow our government; to try to overturn the free and fair election of Biden; and to try to steal an election that Biden had obviously won.

> Trump also inspired other so-called “legitimate political discourse”. For example:
* He inspired his followers (including state level RRRs) to devise a plan to subvert the Electoral College process by replacing ACTUAL electors with FAKE electors in the states that he had lost.
* He inspired his followers to devise a plan to use our government to seize voting machines in the states that he had lost, and then turn over those machines to pro-Trump conspiracy theorists who would do “whatever they wanted to do” with those machines.
* He inspired his followers to devise a plan to declare martial law in order to redo the voting in the states that he had lost.
* Bottom line: He inspired his followers to devise plans to reject the will of the MAJORITY of the American voters.

I am absolutely amazed at what the RRRs see as acceptable and unacceptable. To them: The Jan6 attack is acceptable, but the fist-bump was unacceptable. In other words, they ACTUALLY see the Jan6 mob attack on our Capitol MORE acceptable than the Obama’s fist-bump. (My guess is that they see “Let’s Go Brandon” as acceptable.)

And I am absolutely amazed at what the RRRs see as “legitimate political discourse”. To them: Bashing in the heads of Capitol police and defecating on government property are ACTUALLY examples of “legitimate political discourse”.

What the H are these people thinking? Oh, I know. They are thinking what Trump tells them to think. They are doing that because Trump does not allow them to have minds of their own; and because they live in the “alternative reality” that Trump has created for them. They are truly Trump-controlled automatons. Bottom line: The Radical Right Republican Party is Trump’s “ship of fools”.

And what a bunch of clowns! Unfortunately, they are VERY DANGEROUS clowns because they are lawmakers; and because they are passing pro-Covid and anti-democracy laws, as Trump has commanded them to do.

Unfortunately for our nation, the Radical Right Republican Party is not like the Republican Party which was the party of Lincoln, Roosevelt, Eisenhower, and Reagan. Instead:
> The Radical Right Republican Party is the party of a serial liar, a con artist, and a cheat.
> It is the party of a man who was the Destroyer-in-Chief, and who wants to be that again.
> It is the party of a man who has no respect for the institutions that make America great. (Trump is actually an anti-MAGA force.)
> It is the party of a man who does not see our government as vehicle to make life better for average Americans; instead, it is the party of a man who sees our government as a vehicle to enrich himself. (Hey old people: Get ready to kiss your Social Security and Medicare goodbye, if Trump gets back in.)

As the book written by a Republican strategist says: Everything Trump touches dies. Because of Trump, and the Radical Right Republicans, America is NOW dying. As we all know, Trump likes the “Save America” slogan. Hopefully, our pro-democracy forces can “Save America” from Trump and the Radical Right Republicans.

If our pro-democracy forces can “Save America” from Trump and the Radical Right Republicans, maybe we can have TRUE “legitimate political discourse” in the Republican Party in the future.
What did he get paid for posting that drivel?

Tahuyaman
02-10-2022, 05:09 PM
Our weather has been pretty good lately. It a whole lot of rain. The temps are a mixture, but we’ve had a bit of blue skies. Yesterday it hit 60 degrees.

donttread
02-25-2022, 09:33 PM

Yup it's all one sided. One group pure as the driven snow the other devil's spawn but the American people have never been able to see that. Funny how when the good guys have full control and paradise is within our grasp, they still can't get ANYTHING DONE and continue to just blame. those with no power.