PDA

View Full Version : Syrian Rebels "Hold Fire" Want to Meet Monitors.....

MMC
12-30-2011, 08:26 AM
BEIRUT (Reuters) - The anti-government Free Syrian Army has ordered its fighters to stop offensive operations pending a meeting with Arab League delegates monitoring President Bashar al-Assad's compliance with a peace plan, the rebels' commander said on Friday.

"We have tried to communicate with them and we requested a meeting with the team. So far there hasn't been any success. We haven't been given any of the (phone) numbers for the monitors, which we have requested. No one has contacted us either."

The Arab League mission has met with strong skepticism from the outset, over its makeup, its small numbers, its reliance on Syrian government logistics and an initial assessment by its Sudanese chief that the situation was "reassuring."
That comment was met with disbelief in the West on Wednesday but on Friday, Syria's ally Russia accepted the judgment.

Syria says it is fighting Islamist militants steered from abroad who have killed more than 2,000 of its security forces personnel. Activist sources do not dispute that there has been a significant toll among the security forces.
Most foreign journalists, including Reuters correspondents, are banned from the country, making it impossible to verify the reports on the ground.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/syrian-rebels-hold-fire-want-meet-monitors-100036341.html <<<<< More Here!

The Syrian Rebels are now more and more being introduced to the World. It would seem Assad was telling the Truth about those outside sources. Notice how the West directs all it's comments at Assad and his government. Yet say nothing to the Syrian Sunni Rebels. Basically what the West wants is Assad to give up power and give it to the Syrian Sunni. So they need to stop shooting and killing the Rebels. Only the Rebels are allowed to shoot and kill Assad and his Government Troops.

Plus now the Sunni have little kids holding up signs asking for.....you guessed it! A No Fly Zone!

Conley
12-30-2011, 10:39 AM
:laugh: Let Saudi Arabia enforce that No-Fly Zone with all the F-15s they just bought.

MMC
12-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Again it is a civil war. This time the Western media wont get to play it out that Assad is the bad guy. Other than being an Ally to Iran China and Russia. These rebels clearly admit to killing Assad's security forces and soldiers.

Conley
12-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Just as Assad's security forces have killed them. IMO being an ally to Iran China and Russia does make him "the bad guy". At least Gaddafi had dialogue with the West and Mubarak was an ally as much as anyone in the Middle East.

Mister D
12-30-2011, 12:49 PM
I think Assad may have played ball behind the scenes. I remember thinking that after reading some articles in The Economist. I don't rememer the details though.

Conley
12-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Interesting. I'll look around for it. I'm sure his status in the Western media has fluctuated depending on the times relative to the consistently negative coverage of Iran and NOK.

Mister D
12-30-2011, 02:01 PM
I think there are backroon deals that we don;t hear about. Assad, for example, will say one thing publicly but cooperate behind the scenes.

MMC
12-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Yeah, there was something when Pelosi and the Demos went and used taxpayers money to go to Syria. Thats where the Syrians came out with the Ads about Bush Controlling his Women. She took a whole Contingent over there as if she was some type of leader for Assad to deal. The Syrians smiled and laughed in our face he whole time.

Pelosi wanted assurances that Assad would move to that New Version of Democracy.