PDA

View Full Version : AK inebriate service van taken on drunken joyride

Conley
07-10-2011, 07:47 PM
ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Anchorage police say a city van used to pick up drunken people was taken on a joyride by a man suspected of drunken driving.

The Anchorage Daily News reports that 35-year-old Donny H. Weston was arrested late Thursday after police say he got into a Community Service Patrol van parked with the keys in the engine. Police say social workers were attending inebriated people when Weston got into the van.

Police say Weston drove the van for significant distance, including driving against traffic, and he eventually crashed the van into a bus and ditched it.

The van is part of a city program that picks up inebriated people and shuttles them to sleeping center.

Police say the inebriated men in the back of the van didn't notice the joyride.

The Associated Press

:D :D

Captain Obvious
07-10-2011, 08:55 PM
In the upper NE, they call it the "jolly trolley".

Conley
07-10-2011, 08:57 PM
In the upper NE, they call it the "jolly trolley".

Honestly, other than college I've never seen / heard of this as some kind of public service. Maybe I've just been living in the wrong cities...seems like a weird service to provide but i guess it works for public safety? Almost like handing out condoms...

MMC
07-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Is that Mayberry..... where one can just stroll in and spend the night. >:D

Chicago.....only time they pick up drunks is if they are laying in the street. Not to mention, most Chicago drivers just wont stop. (conversation in the car, thwump....did we run someone over or was that another pothole) :D lol

Conley
07-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Is that Mayberry..... where one can just stroll in and spend the night. >:D

Chicago.....only time they pick up drunks is if they are laying in the street. Not to mention, most Chicago drivers just wont stop. (conversation in the car, thwump....did we run someone over or was that another pothole) :D lol

hahahah, yeah that's how it's been most of the place I've lived...you're lucky if they drag you to the side of the road, most will just leave you lying in traffic ;D