PDA

View Full Version : Can any DNC supporter explain the price of gas to me?

donttread
05-19-2022, 06:41 PM
Considering we had a surplus of our own oil and don't use much Russian oil and the price was skyrocketing before Russia invaded Ukraine.
From the Biden regime supportive side what the hell is going on the destroy the economy, fuel inflation, destroy retirement accounts and recess the economy.
Between the hidden taxes on consumers through raising corporate taxes gas prices along with the increased cost for diesel raising the cost of everything, how exactly does this help the poor?

carolina73
05-19-2022, 06:50 PM
How the hell would they know?

But they will scream "Let's raise taxes!". What idiots.

Jen
05-19-2022, 06:52 PM
We had our own fuel and Russia wasn't needed............until the Biden administration turned it all around.

RMNIXON
05-19-2022, 06:55 PM
You are not meant to think about it, just repeat the messaging. If you Voted for Biden you voted for endless excuses as President!

Same folks who said inflation was not a problem over a year ago.................

HawkTheSlayer
05-19-2022, 07:08 PM
Gasoline was an affordable commodity during The President Trump Administration. It was the driver of Economic Freedom for not only every American citizen, but every business on American soil.

donttread
05-19-2022, 07:24 PM
All true points but I am still hoping for a true Biden supporter to explain their veiwpoint on this

Peter1469
05-20-2022, 04:37 AM
All true points but I am still hoping for a true Biden supporter to explain their veiwpoint on this

It is Trump's fault.

donttread
05-29-2022, 05:04 PM
It is Trump's fault.
Right. My bad as I forgot that even though he hasn't been in office for a year and a half it's still all his fault.

carolina73
05-30-2022, 09:17 AM
We had our own fuel and Russia wasn't needed............until the Biden administration turned it all around.

Not only did we have our own oil but Keystone would have added over 800 thousand barrels a day of cheap and friendly Canadian oil.

RichardMZhlubb
05-30-2022, 11:33 AM
The Biden administration has done nothing to materially affect current gas supplies. The bottom line is that current gas prices are largely a consequence of demand outstripping available supply, and the supply problems are due primarily to difficulties in ramping up availability of refined oil products after demand (and subsequence supply) cratered during the height of the pandemic. The single biggest problem is a significant drop in refinery capacity. Demand for oil is greater now than pre-pandemic, but refinery capacity has dropped by over 1 million/barrels per day.

Tahuyaman
05-31-2022, 06:06 PM
The Biden administration has done nothing to materially affect current gas supplies….
Lol. If the administration would take action, the US could cause a dramatic drop in the price of crude oil almost overnight.

That’s not going to happen because the Biden administration is a puppet of the hard “Green New Deal” left and they are trying to force a change we are not able yet to accomplish.

This problem is on the current administration / Democrats. Period.

Abby08
05-31-2022, 06:23 PM
The Biden administration has done nothing to materially affect current gas supplies. The bottom line is that current gas prices are largely a consequence of demand outstripping available supply, and the supply problems are due primarily to difficulties in ramping up availability of refined oil products after demand (and subsequence supply) cratered during the height of the pandemic. The single biggest problem is a significant drop in refinery capacity. Demand for oil is greater now than pre-pandemic, but refinery capacity has dropped by over 1 million/barrels per day.

Joe biden immediately halted US oil production, the SECOND they told him he was now, the president!

This administration is 100% responsible for the high gas/fuel prices.........were we here, with Trump? It's a huge coincidence, the very day joe wrangled his way into the White House, all this shit started?

This administration is fucking the country and, all you despicable leftists can say, is, "its not biden's fault."

As you leftists were also fond of saying for 4 years ......"he's the one in the White House!"

Well, look who's there NOW.......he who occupies the seat, gets the blame.......if it was true then, it's true now.

Tahuyaman
05-31-2022, 06:37 PM
Joe biden immediately halted US oil production, the SECOND they told him he was now, the president!

This administration is 100% responsible for the high gas/fuel prices.........were we here, with Trump? It's a huge coincidence, the very day joe wrangled his way into the White House, all this shit started?

This administration is fucking the country and, all you despicable leftists can say, is, "its not biden's fault."

As you leftists were also fond of saying for 4 years ......"he's the one in the White House!"

Well, look who's there NOW.......he who occupies the seat, gets the blame.......if it was true then, it's true now.

Current fuel prices are exasperated somewhat by events in Europe, but we could easily mitigate that.

The Fed has admitted that they completely misread the situation. Biden says he is going to work with the Fed to fix the problem, but if it gets worse remember the Fed is independent so it won’t be his fault.

The fault will lie with COVID, Trump, Putin, big business and the Fed.

Of course the Republicans have to take their share of the blame as they are in the minority and have no power to force the administration to take action.

The Booman
05-31-2022, 06:38 PM
Shut up and buy an EV. But not a Tesla, Musk is now a Nazi.

Jen
05-31-2022, 06:42 PM
Everyone's fault but theirs.

carolina73
05-31-2022, 07:24 PM

Sorry but you are full of crap.

The demand for fossil fuel today is the same as it was in 2019. The average price of gas was $2.60 in 2019.

USA crude production is down 15% from its peak in late 2019.

When we raise prices we commonly do not do it as short term reaction. If we anticipate lower cost supply then we will tough it out rather than upset the market. As producers we have no hope of lower cost supply, so we have no choice but to continuously raise prices.

Oil prices increased as soon as Biden won because everyone knew which way this was going to go. No one trusts him to spend money for exploration knowing he may just shut them down.

RichardMZhlubb
06-01-2022, 07:52 AM

No, he didn't. Where do you get this nonsense?

donttread
06-01-2022, 03:16 PM
No, he didn't. Where do you get this nonsense?

He did shut down the pipeline and is limiting land leases despite the recession bound direction those policies are moving us in. IMO, giving up energy independence on purpose is treason. I'll bet my neighbor, who lost his son in 9/11 , agrees. Such things are the fall out of depending on others for your life's blood.

RichardMZhlubb
06-01-2022, 03:21 PM
He did shut down the pipeline and is limiting land leases despite the recession bound direction those policies are moving us in.
Neither of which will affect US oil production for several years at the earliest.

The Booman
06-01-2022, 04:22 PM
Meanwhile Biden said he had a plan to lower gas prices. A weeks later they're still rising.

Abby08
06-01-2022, 04:38 PM
Meanwhile Biden said he had a plan to lower gas prices. A weeks later they're still rising.

Unless his plan, was to stop doing what he's currently doing, it's just more lies.

donttread
06-01-2022, 08:02 PM
Well then who has? Prices were rising before Russia invaded and no we are not going to forget that. You can't kill pipelines and land leases while gas prices double and say "it wasn't me"

The Booman
06-01-2022, 08:06 PM
Nothing Biden does affects gas prices and yet Everything Putin does....

RichardMZhlubb
06-02-2022, 09:44 AM
Well then who has? Prices were rising before Russia invaded and no we are not going to forget that. You can't kill pipelines and land leases while gas prices double and say "it wasn't me"

As a result of the drop in demand during the pandemic, a bunch of refineries closed and have not reopened. Refining capacity is down around a million barrels/day. That’s had a huge impact on available gas supply.

stephenpe
06-02-2022, 10:15 AM
Can any DNC supporter explain the price of gas to me? (https://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/153138-Can-any-DNC-supporter-explain-the-price-of-gas-to-me/page3)
Capitalism. What ever the market will bear. The bottom line.

donttread
06-02-2022, 08:03 PM
As a result of the drop in demand during the pandemic, a bunch of refineries closed and have not reopened. Refining capacity is down around a million barrels/day. That’s had a huge impact on available gas supply.

So why aren't they re-opening to make more money? What about the continued decrease in demand due to work from home?

donttread
06-02-2022, 08:05 PM
Can any DNC supporter explain the price of gas to me? (https://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/153138-Can-any-DNC-supporter-explain-the-price-of-gas-to-me/page3)

Capitalism. What ever the market will bear. The bottom line.

Oil is not a free market at all. But yes I distrust big oil as much as I do this administration. And thank you BTW for answering

The Booman
06-02-2022, 08:12 PM
These f**kwits argument is "there is nothing Biden can do to lower gas prices but Putin starting a war three months ago is why they started rising over a year ago."

carolina73
06-02-2022, 08:21 PM
Gasoline was an affordable commodity during The President Trump Administration. It was the driver of Economic Freedom for not only every American citizen, but every business on American soil.

While air quality increased and we beat the goals set at the Paris Accords because of our changes to Natural Gas for electricity generation.
That Trump team sure was smart.

The Booman
06-02-2022, 08:24 PM
While air quality increased and we beat the goals set at the Paris Accords because of our changes to Natural Gas for electricity generation.
That Trump team sure was smart.

And we are gonna buy dirtier oil from dictators because global warming!

donttread
06-05-2022, 05:59 AM
And we are gonna buy dirtier oil from dictators because global warming!

I bought some "dirty" body oil once but I think that was different.