PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Lasagna

Common
08-05-2013, 07:24 PM
My wife and I arent into pre cooked frozen foods. Admittedly they have gotten much better and we do eat some. Recently a friend of my wifes told her that Stouffers Chicken Lasagna was really good. So my wife picked it up and we had it. It was pretty darn good, dont be afraid to try it. Its good for that day you just dont want to cook, dont want to go out and dont want to order pizza.

Peter1469
08-05-2013, 07:31 PM
What type of chicken? Factory farmed, or free range?

Common
08-05-2013, 07:38 PM
I have no clue all I know it was all white meat.

keymanjim
08-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Racist.

Peter1469
08-05-2013, 07:42 PM

If you ever get to taste test the two types, you will know the difference.

oceanloverOH
08-05-2013, 07:45 PM
What type of chicken? Factory farmed, or free range?

I doubt very seriously that Stouffer shares information in that kind of detail, unfortunately.

Common, that sounds REALLY good....but this looks like a rather carb-heavy dish because of all the thick noodles....not something that I should probably have. When I make my own lasagna, I use Dreamfields low glycemic pasta. Hmmmmmmm, maybe I could develop a recipe....never thought about putting chicken in lasagna. For whatever reason, I can 't get to the Stouffers website right now to check out the carbs in a 1-cup serving....but I will. Thanks for the recommendation!

Common
08-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Any lasagna has carbs through the roof Mrs OC. This has no tomato sauce, its a not to heavy white sauce. I thought I would hate it to be honest. I tried it and it wasnt to shabby.
Do I want to eat it regularly no but it was good and a change of pace.

Venus
08-05-2013, 07:51 PM
I used to fix their veggie lasagna, which was very good.

I stopped eating frozen meals because of the sodium content, they all are very high.

Common
08-05-2013, 07:57 PM
I used to fix their veggie lasagna, which was very good.

I stopped eating frozen meals because of the sodium content, they all are very high.

Thats very true venus, My wife and I are very fortunate, neither of us have blood pressure or sugar problems so far. We eat well and healthy but like all humans there are the times we just fail and love every minute of it lol

Venus
08-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Thats very true venus, My wife and I are very fortunate, neither of us have blood pressure or sugar problems so far. We eat well and healthy but like all humans there are the times we just fail and love every minute of it lol

I will admit that while grocery shopping I stop in the frozen meal section and read the contents ever hopeful that the sodium levels have gone down. Some way some how :)

I'm just thankful I'm no longer on medication for high blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides levels.

Enjoy!