PDA

View Full Version : Educating Republicans: Why You Can’t Spell KKK Without the Letters G-O-P

Cigar
08-16-2013, 09:14 AM
http://ww2.politicususa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Screen-Shot-2013-08-15-at-8.12.32-PM-1-485x272.jpg

It was Lee Atwater who showed Republicans how to appeal to the racist vote without sounding racist. He was the refiner of the finally backfiring Republican Southern Strategy. Atwater taught Republicans how to hide the racism upon which the Southern Strategy was built. Today I made the mistake of joining in a trending topic by tweeting, “#WhySomePeopleAreDemocrats Because not everyone wants to wear a white hood while dragging women back to the cave.” How was I to know that a single tweet would start an onslaught of Republican outrage wherein they would try to educate me with a history lesson that started and stopped when the folks who are now Southern Republicans used to be Democrats?

Here’s a sample of the tidings (I’ve left their names off out of unwarranted courtesy and yes, I have screengrabs):

“@srjones66 are you retarded? Liberals bully women just like they bully minorities. Open your eyes.”

“@srjones66 @CanadasGinger Here is a history lesson . The DEMS starting the klan. so i guess you dont want to be a dem?”

“@srjones66 your klan reference is weak – Klan members have always been Democrats.”

“Actually, the people wearing white robes and hoods, and lynching n-words were #Democrats , baby! .@srjones66 .@TheDailyEdge”

And my personal favorite, “@srjones66 get your facts straight – female entrepreneurs typically vote fiscally conservative and not long ago democrats were pro-slavery”

https://twitter.com/srjones66 (http://twitter.com/srjones66)

That’s a heck of a lot of denial that Republicans are seen as the party of racism. This denial is accomplished via deflection to a historical reference that definitely makes Democrats of the 1860s look bad but has nothing to do with today’s GOP or Democratic Party. This deflection is going on being two centuries old. That’s pretty desperate. The Ku Klux Klan (KKK) is a far right organization, advocating white supremacy, white nationalism, and anti-immigration stances. Their end goal was, is and always has been racial subordination, and to this end they fought way back in their founding against voting rights of black people and the right to keep and bear arms for black people. In Southern cities they opposed unions. They recruit in this century using issues of illegal immigration, urban crime, civil unions and same-sex marriage. (http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0209/p02s02-ussc.html)

These positions align with the modern day Republican Party’s policies on many issues, which is why I referred to the Party as metaphorically wearing white hoods while they metaphorically took women back to the cave. Let us refrain from trying to explain metaphors to the party who still thinks that satire is what you call being mean in order to get away with it. At any rate, the parties were not always like this! Change happens. Things evolve over a few centuries. Shocking, I know. All of the conservative/Republican outrage demonstrated three things. First, Republicans don’t like being called out on their Jim Crow voting laws or their Stand Your Ground gun laws that frequently do not get interpreted the same for black people or women as they do for the whitest man in the room (highest ranker on the patriarchy scale).

They know it’s “bad” to be a racist, and so they will deny the white hood while hiding under the deflection that Democrats wore it first way back in the late 1860s when it was founded by six veterans of the Confederate Army. Yes, Democrats were a big part of the original KKK over 150 years ago. But Democrats were on the other side in 1948 with the addition of civil rights as a campaign plank and on into the fights for Civil Rights in the 60s, losing Southern white voters to the Republican Party. But really, what matters when you are voting is where each party stands TODAY. (The KKK had a resurgence in the 20s by white protestants angry at industrialization and immigration and high on Prohibition and the Bible, and a third big incarnation in reaction to the Civil Rights movement.) Second, conservatives didn’t seem upset at all about being lumped in with dragging women back to the cave. The issue of women having authority over own body didn’t even register. This should disturb people because it demonstrates that it’s still socially acceptable to be a caver. I was informed that certain women vote “fiscally conservative”. The person assumed this inferred a Republican, but of course, that is inaccurate and as out of date as the KKK being Democrats. Democrats are the fiscal conservatives and have been for a long while now.

cont'

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/15/klan-members-democrats-desperate-deflections-racist-party.html

Wow ... where have we heard this before? :rollseyes:

Now sit back ... and read the denials, deflection and de-Bull Shit :grin:

Boris The Animal
08-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Sure you can, it's called DNC

Mister D
08-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Gee, another racial thread from Cigar.

Cigar
08-16-2013, 09:20 AM

Yep ... and there isn't a GD thing you can do about. :wink: sport

Boris The Animal
08-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Is it any surprise there? Cigarette the Communist is typical of the urban thug mentality.

Cigar
08-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Is it any surprise there? Cigarette the Communist is typical of the urban thug mentality.

That's your best come-back ... weak man ... really weak. :laugh:

Chris
08-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Historically, the KKK were mostly Democrats.

Yes, I expect some to deny and some to distance themselves from this Democratic history of racism, and well they should do so.

Boris The Animal
08-16-2013, 09:23 AM
That's your best come-back ... weak man ... really weak. :laugh:
Hey, the truth is where it counts. You buy into the Liberal koolaid and ask for seconds.

Boris The Animal
08-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Historically, the KKK were mostly Democrats.

Yes, I expect some to deny and some to distance themselves from this Democratic history of racism, and well they should do so.And they'll give the typical meme about "oh and the racist dixiecrats switched to the GOP" when it was Lyndon Baines (fucking) Johnson who said he would have the N*****s voting Democrat for the next 40 years!!!! Why? Because the dumbshit Democrats sold African Americans a bill of goods.

nic34
08-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Because the dumbshit Democrats sold African Americans a bill of goods.

That's right, those goods were called the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Chris
08-16-2013, 09:40 AM
That's right, those goods were called the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Democrats were against the bill and tried to filibuster it.

Cigar
08-16-2013, 09:50 AM
And they'll give the typical meme about "oh and the racist dixiecrats switched to the GOP" when it was Lyndon Baines (fucking) Johnson who said he would have the N*****s voting Democrat for the next 40 years!!!! Why? Because the dumbshit Democrats sold African Americans a bill of goods.

Nice Finger ... you must be a Trained Texas LEO :laugh:

You can lick it when you're done. :grin:

Kalkin
08-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Yep ... and there isn't a GD thing you can do about. :wink: sport
Sure there is. We can mock your impotent ramblings for the drone-like race baiting that they are. =)

Boris The Animal
08-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Nice Finger ... you must be a Trained Texas LEO :laugh:

You can lick it when you're done. :grin:Nope. I happen to live in an urban shithole myself that hasn't seen a decent Conservative Mayor since 1994 and a Republican since 1965!!

Boris The Animal
08-16-2013, 09:56 AM
Democrats were against the bill and tried to filibuster it.Democrat Communists need remedial American History lessons. They've been brainwashed in Liberal academia for far too long.

RosieS
08-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Dixiecrats were against the Civil Rights Act and left the Democratic Party because of it.

Liberals risked their lives as Freedom Riders to register blacks to vote.

And today's blacks remember that.

Regards from Rosie

nic34
08-16-2013, 10:44 AM
Democrats were against the bill and tried to filibuster it.

Then they became republicans.

Mister D
08-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Sure there is. We can mock your impotent ramblings for the drone-like race baiting that they are. =)

http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif3567

Kalkin
08-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Dixiecrats were against the Civil Rights Act and left the Democratic Party because of it.

Regards from Rosie
I can't believe you've bought into that lie, Rosie.

nic34
08-16-2013, 10:54 AM

Some proof of that being a lie.....?

Chris
08-16-2013, 10:57 AM

Regards from Rosie

Then they became republicans.

http://i.snag.gy/R3AvU.jpg

Civil Rights Filibuster Ended (http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/minute/Civil_Rights_Filibuster_Ended.htm):

At 9:51 on the morning of June 10, 1964, Senator Robert C. Byrd completed an address that he had begun 14 hours and 13 minutes earlier. The subject was the pending Civil Rights Act of 1964, a measure that occupied the Senate for 60 working days, including seven Saturdays....

Georgia Democrat Richard Russell offered the final arguments in opposition. Minority Leader Everett Dirksen, who had enlisted the Republican votes that made cloture a realistic option, spoke for the proponents with his customary eloquence. Noting that the day marked the 100th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's nomination to a second term, the Illinois Republican proclaimed, in the words of Victor Hugo, "Stronger than all the armies is an idea whose time has come." He continued, "The time has come for equality of opportunity in sharing in government, in education, and in employment. It will not be stayed or denied. It is here!"

Never in history had the Senate been able to muster enough votes to cut off a filibuster on a civil rights bill. And only once in the 37 years since 1927 had it agreed to cloture for any measure....

nic34
08-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Yes, where did republicans like those go.....

Oh well, they'd just get "primaried" today by the likes of Rand Paul and Teddy Cruz. :laugh:

Chris
08-16-2013, 11:02 AM
Yes, where did republicans like those go.....

Oh well, they'd just get "primaried" today by the likes of Rand Paul and Teddy Cruz. :laugh:

You mean Reps like Senator Robert C. Byrd and Georgia Democrat Richard Russell and other Dems dead set against the Civil Rights Bill of '64?

Cigar
08-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Some proof of that being a lie.....?

They'll just go backwards a century ... and ignore the present. :laugh:

RosieS
08-16-2013, 11:14 AM

http://law.jrank.org/pages/10489/States-Rights-Party.html

http://greenecountydemocrat.com/?p=6929

Regards from Rosie

Kalkin
08-16-2013, 11:27 AM
http://law.jrank.org/pages/10489/States-Rights-Party.html

http://greenecountydemocrat.com/?p=6929

Regards from Rosie
So you have bought into the lies. History won't look kindly on the blatant racism of yesterday's democrats any more than it will upon the soft racism of today's.

Regards from the color orange.

zelmo1234
08-16-2013, 11:35 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6_1Pw1xm9U

But what choice do they have, people are waking up to the fact that the Dems are the party that thinks along racial lines. and of course they were and still are the party of the KKK

They have to try and get the public to look the other way

nic34
08-16-2013, 11:41 AM
they were and still are the party of the KKK

There's your lie Kalkie....

zelmo1234
08-16-2013, 11:43 AM

Regards from Rosie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3LqPedoxSk

Of course this is a lie that the Democrat are trying to pull off! But the reality strikes and the only ones that switched are the ones that voted for the civil rights act!

Regards from Reality

Chris
08-16-2013, 11:45 AM

Tsk tsk tsk, nic, that is a warnable offense here now, to call a message a lie. Just sayin'. Tryin' to help out. :-)

Boris The Animal
08-16-2013, 11:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3LqPedoxSk

Of course this is a lie that the Democrat are trying to pull off! But the reality strikes and the only ones that switched are the ones that voted for the civil rights act!

Regards from RealityDemocrats will always believe their distorted view of history, despite the mountains of truth before them.

RosieS
08-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Omission is a sin, too. State's Rights Democrats (the Dixiecrats) left the party from the HOR and Governor's Mansions and state legislatures, too.

Whereupon they were met with open arms by Lee Atwater, father of the Southern strategy and master negative campaigner....but contrite over it when nearing death.

Regards from Rosie

zelmo1234
08-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Omission is a sin, too. State's Rights Democrats (the Dixiecrats) left the party from the HOR and Governor's Mansions and state legislatures, too.

Whereupon they were met with open arms by Lee Atwater, father of the Southern strategy and master negative campaigner....but contrite over it when nearing death.

Regards from Rosie

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130303040323AAOc2yd

There is your list, You have been coned into believing a lie?

Most left because they were in favor of the Act and there party was not !

Kalkin
08-16-2013, 01:34 PM
I think you're confused about who posted that, nickie. It wasn't me.

RosieS
08-16-2013, 01:54 PM
Today's Repubicans are the "party of Jefferson Davis". Nixon's adminstration cynically promoted the Southern Strategy: "the more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/07/opinion/may-voting-rights-act

Righties who don't know or deny their history have been repeating it anyway.

Regards from Rosie

Boris The Animal
08-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Today's Repubicans are the "party of Jefferson Davis". Nixon's adminstration cynically promoted the Southern Strategy: "the more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/07/opinion/may-voting-rights-act

Righties who don't know or deny their history have been repeating it anyway.

Regards from RosieSo you want what? The GOP to become Democrat lyte? We all saw how well that happened. You conveniently that the Democrat party and Liberalism are all about dependence on big daddy government.

nic34
08-16-2013, 02:01 PM
I think you're confused about who posted that, nickie. It wasn't me.

I pointed out a lie. I didn't attribute it to you.

RosieS
08-16-2013, 02:06 PM
So you want what? The GOP to become Democrat lyte? We all saw how well that happened. You conveniently that the Democrat party and Liberalism are all about dependence on big daddy government.

Oh noes! I am unabashedly partisan and have never hid it at all.

The best thing for the Dems is for the GOP to remain the Party of Romney and McCain.

Don't change a hair for me!

Regards from Rosie

Ravi
08-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Tsk tsk tsk, nic, that is a warnable offense here now, to call a message a lie. Just sayin'. Tryin' to help out. :-)

Not when it is an obvious lie.

zelmo1234
08-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Oh noes! I am unabashedly partisan and have never hid it at all.

The best thing for the Dems is for the GOP to remain the Party of Romney and McCain.

Don't change a hair for me!

Regards from Rosie

You are correct, the party of Romney and McCain is a loosing proposition.

Thank you for being honest. Unless we actually take a stand for conservative values. which neither Romney or McCain will do, we will not find our way back into the whitehouse.

This is why I see Christie as being the choice of the Press and the Left, he is cut from the same moderate cloth!

Cigar
08-16-2013, 02:14 PM
You are correct, the party of Romney and McCain is a loosing proposition.

Thank you for being honest. Unless we actually take a stand for conservative values. which neither Romney or McCain will do, we will not find our way back into the whitehouse.

This is why I see Christie as being the choice of the Press and the Left, he is cut from the same moderate cloth!

So ... who's your pick?

zelmo1234
08-16-2013, 02:19 PM

You were close, but it is more like when it is a liberal that is calling people liars, it is OK when it is a liberal that is being called out for lying, it makes them cry and a warning is issued!

zelmo1234
08-16-2013, 02:22 PM
So ... who's your pick?

I would like a Gov that has turned around spending and deficits in his or her state, and is lowering unemployment in their state

Wilson Comes to mind!

or a Business person! leader of a large corporation that had to go through downsizing and was brought back to success

Ravi
08-16-2013, 02:23 PM
You were close, but it is more like when it is a liberal that is calling people liars, it is OK when it is a liberal that is being called out for lying, it makes them cry and a warning is issued!
I don't think so. Read the new rule. Someone seems to be butthurt about it without understanding the context.

Chris
08-16-2013, 02:46 PM

Oh oh, there's that personal insult again, lie, tsk tsk, already suggested you avoid that.

Chris
08-16-2013, 02:48 PM

Wow, third time at least that "lie", that personal insult, has been used. Harumph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN99jshaQbY

Kalkin
08-16-2013, 02:52 PM
You said "there's your lie", not "there's a lie".

Kalkin
08-16-2013, 03:03 PM
I don't think so. Read the new rule. Someone seems to be butthurt about it without understanding the context.
There are rules here? I'm just swimming in the stream.

Chris
08-16-2013, 03:07 PM

Careful, zelmo, that will get you San Quentin.

Chris
08-16-2013, 04:43 PM
Test.

Ravi
08-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Test.

Yeah, it worked. You're still butthurt.

GrassrootsConservative
08-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Can't discuss the topic, Marie?

Ravi
08-16-2013, 07:05 PM