PDA

View Full Version : Questions on various punishments

Ravi
08-18-2013, 01:59 PM
It appears when one is banned from a thread they can actually still post. Does that mean we are on the honor system? If so, what happens if you don't realize you've been thread banned (for instance, not reading a thread for a while and therefore missing the warning)?

Also, is an infracted poster unable to post at all?

Gracias for any clarification.

Peter1469
08-18-2013, 02:03 PM
I didn't realize that a regular member who is thread banned could post in that post until the thread ban is lifted. If you can still actually post in that thread we would appreciate the honor code method of self restraint. @Adelaide (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=473) any ideas- on edit, never mind?

Ravi
08-18-2013, 02:05 PM
I didn't try but it gives me the option. I'll go try now, please don't smite me if successful but feel free to delete my post.

Peter1469
08-18-2013, 02:07 PM
I didn't try but it gives me the option. I'll go try now, please don't smite me if successful but feel free to delete my post.

you might just get a message saying that you can't post. If it does actually work, you can also delete it yourself.

Ravi
08-18-2013, 02:12 PM
you might just get a message saying that you can't post. If it does actually work, you can also delete it yourself.

Yep, that's what happened. And my computer froze up. Don't try this at home, kids.

Peter1469
08-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Yep, that's what happened. And my computer froze up. Don't try this at home, kids.

That is strange that your computer would freeze up over it.

Ravi
08-18-2013, 02:14 PM
lol, this is a strange computer. I think it may be time to get a new one.

Chris
08-18-2013, 02:21 PM
It doesn't freeze up your computer. Something wrong with your computer, or browser.

As seen once it was actually tried:

Thread-banned, you can't post in thread till ban lifted.
Infracted, you can post anywhere but Hole till ban expired or lifted.

Moreover, admin tells me, infracted members are limited to 1000 saved PMs till ban expired or lifted.

Adelaide
08-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Okay, clarification: You can still post new posts in the thread you've been banned from?

Or, you can edit posts from the thread you've been banned from?

If it's the later, the only technical option I can see is to set a time limit on how long after a post you can edit it. If it is the first, then ADMIN will need to look into it.

Chris
08-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Okay, clarification: You can still post new posts in the thread you've been banned from?

If it's the later, the only technical option I can see is to set a time limit on how long after a post you can edit it. If it is the first, then ADMIN will need to look into it.

No, thread-banned, you cannot create or edit posts. You shouldn't be able to.

What happened is she went back and could type and so came here to ask. Later she tried to actually post and found she couldn't.

http://i.snag.gy/d2DAl.jpg

Ravi
08-19-2013, 05:37 AM

I just saw the "reply" button was still active so didn't know what would happen. And instead of breaking another rule I thought I'd ask here instead. No worries, it seems to work as expected.

Adelaide
08-19-2013, 08:56 AM
I just saw the "reply" button was still active so didn't know what would happen. And instead of breaking another rule I thought I'd ask here instead. No worries, it seems to work as expected.

Ah, alright.

strollingbonez
08-19-2013, 09:39 AM
i am confused

Adelaide
08-19-2013, 09:39 AM
i am confused

How so?

ADMIN
08-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Moreover, admin tells me, infracted members are limited to 1000 saved PMs till ban expired or lifted.

This limit has been removed.

Chris
08-19-2013, 02:24 PM
This limit has been removed.

Thanks.