PDA

View Full Version : Taliban and Al Queda Take Advantage of Strife Between US and Pakistan

Conley
01-08-2012, 10:42 AM
The insurgents are increasingly taking advantage of tensions raised by an American airstrike in November that killed two dozen Pakistani soldiers in two border outposts, plunging relations between the countries to new depths. The Central Intelligence Agency, hoping to avoid making matters worse while Pakistan completes a wide-ranging review of its security relationship with the United States, has not conducted a drone strike since mid-November.

Diplomats and intelligence analysts say the pause in C.I.A. missile strikes — the longest in Pakistan in more than three years — is offering for now greater freedom of movement to an insurgency that had been splintered by in-fighting and battered by American drone attacks in recent months. Several feuding factions said last week that they were patching up their differences, at least temporarily, to improve their image after a series of kidnappings and, by some accounts, to focus on fighting Americans in Afghanistan.

Other militant groups continue attacking Pakistani forces. Just last week, Taliban insurgents killed 15 security soldiers who had been kidnapped in retaliation for the death of a militant commander.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/08/world/asia/lull-in-us-drone-strikes-aids-pakistan-militants.html

The same Taliban that we are negotiating with...moving back and forth across the border and targeting Americans.

MMC
01-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Yeah and give them an office in another Islamic Country. Stupid Is, As Stupid does!!!!! :angry:

Peter1469
01-08-2012, 12:02 PM
We never should have allowed mission creep to drag us into "nation building."

roadmaster
01-08-2012, 10:48 PM
I would hate to live under Islamic rules. I know there are Christians over there, just dangerous.