PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Ignore

Carlsen
08-28-2013, 03:25 PM
when you put sombody i n ignore list then how will you know if they say something bad about you. is there different way ignore list can work?

Peter1469
08-28-2013, 03:27 PM
when you put sombody i n ignore list then how will you know if they say something bad about you. is there different way ignore list can work?

Presumably you put them on ignore in order to ignore them; why would you care what they said? But if you have someone on ignore, and another member quotes them, you will be able to read the quote.

GrassrootsConservative
08-28-2013, 03:59 PM
Ignored posts also do have a "View Post" button.

Chris
08-28-2013, 04:05 PM
Presumably you put them on ignore in order to ignore them; why would you care what they said? But if you have someone on ignore, and another member quotes them, you will be able to read the quote.

Except some don't, they use it like mother's skirts from behind which to launch cowardly personal attacks.

Adelaide
08-28-2013, 05:06 PM

If you put someone on ignore, then you can use the "view post" option to see their posts; that said, after a while if you don't respond to whomever you are ignoring, they usually stop engaging you because you aren't responding to them. I've only used the feature once for a very small time period, but that's my experience with it.

Hopefully if something insulting is said that violates the rules, either moderators will see it or a good samaritan will report it.

Mr Happy
08-28-2013, 06:00 PM

Why would you care if you have them on ignore? it is your friend if used wisely!

Chris
08-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Why would you care if you have them on ignore? it is your friend if used wisely!

And your worst enemy if used ignorantly.

Ravi
08-28-2013, 06:28 PM

Pay me $15 bucks a pop and I'll let you know if anyone says anything bad about you. BTW, I think you're an idiot, but that's just my opinion.

Ravi
08-28-2013, 06:29 PM
And your worst enemy if used ignorantly.

Right, because what doofuses say about you on a messageboard is serious stuff.

jillian
08-28-2013, 06:32 PM

lmao... too funny. the internets are serious business. didn't you get the memo?

Chris
08-28-2013, 06:33 PM

Why are you calling happy a doofus? Why do you take things so seriously you need to call people idiots and doofuses? Kind of contradicts your point.

Ravi
08-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Why are you calling happy a doofus? Why do you take things so seriously you need to call people idiots and doofuses? Kind of contradicts your point.
I wasn't calling Hap a doofus. Lie, much?

jillian
08-28-2013, 06:39 PM
I wasn't calling Hap a doofus. Lie, much?

that was a pretty bizarre assertion. very bizarre, actually.

maybe he drinks a bit.

Adelaide
08-28-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm closing this thread for now.