PDA

View Full Version : Question about when members they get banned

Carlsen
09-03-2013, 03:06 PM
members are they warned before they get banned. I ask this because I have pictures I want to put in my profile. if I am banned I will not be able to get them. this is why I want to know if the rules will allow a member to get pictures before they are banned. thank you.

Chris
09-03-2013, 03:11 PM
PM the pics to a mod and ask if OK.

Cigar
09-03-2013, 03:13 PM
I gotta see these pictures ... :grin:

Captain Obvious
09-03-2013, 03:25 PM
I think he's more concerned about suddenky losing access to the pics.

Folks here are good people, I'm sure they wouldn't leave a member high and dry.

oceanloverOH
09-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Carlsen, if you are asking if your pictures are appropriate, then the advice given above is correct, PM them to a mod first. As far as banning, nobody gets any kind of ban without being told. The only ban that would prevent you from posting to your own profile page is banning from the site altogether. A threadban or a 24-hour ban to the Hole should not stop you from updating and maintaining your profile page.

Did that answer your question?

Chris
09-03-2013, 03:27 PM
If that's the case then carlsen, use something like http://snag.gy/ or http://imageshack.us/ or a dozen other places and just use urls here.

fyrenza
09-03-2013, 03:35 PM
@Chris ~
that's a pain in the hiney, though, because you have to either MOVE or delete them in order to take them down.

Chris
09-03-2013, 03:39 PM
@Chris ~
that's a pain in the hiney, though, because you have to either MOVE or delete them in order to take them down.

Same wherever you store them.

Just a while ago Google decided that rather than just store pics you take on your android on the phone they would upload them to google+. It took a lot of doing to get the pics offline. Just pics of a watersoftner I'd installed and a bathroom I'd redone and such but I'm cautiously private what i let out on the Interweb.

fyrenza
09-03-2013, 03:53 PM
You've GOT to be!

All of these mega-sites are linking to each other,
making it almost impossible to have any sort of privacy.

I actually maintain this alias s/n as a SEPARATE entity from my IRL accounts,
and will continue to do my best to keep the two from becoming linked,

but I fear that I'm fighting a losing battle.

Chris
09-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Agree, it's a losing battle. It'll make NSA obsolete.

GrassrootsConservative
09-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Agree, it's a losing battle. It'll make NSA obsolete.

lold

fyrenza
09-03-2013, 04:06 PM
It's pretty horrifying to find that we actually WELCOMED and lauded Big Brother as it was growing.

Chris
09-03-2013, 04:10 PM
In a way it was very liberal, that is, good intentions paving the road to hell. Google, Micro$oft and others wanted to make it easy to use cellphones and tablets to socialize, so they automated and made easy what once took effort. The automation is fine, but you should have a clear choice you want to turn it on or off, not the paternalistic turning it on and making it hard to turn off.

fyrenza
09-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Oh, for sure it was a Great Idea,
until someone figured out a way to use it AGAINST it's very customer base.

Greed for money, power, and now, information...

Chris
09-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Oh, for sure it was a Great Idea,
until someone figured out a way to use it AGAINST it's very customer base.

Greed for money, power, and now, information...

The product of social networking is you the user.

But you do get to choose.