PDA

View Full Version : we are gonna lose billie tomorrow

strollingbonez
09-06-2013, 12:34 PM
billie has not been doing well for a while....cant keep food down...losing weight...just looking ratty...but the vet after a few hundred bucks couldnt find anything wrong...billie had always eaten dry food and seem to just have a food allergy...today he is in my lap and drooling....i open his mouth and the back of his tongue has growths...cauliflower looking growths....i google....growth on cats tongue....it pretty much comes back cancer...i knew it when i saw it...i have called my vet...i have an appointment for tomorrow at 10 am....we pretty much know its over for billie....i refuse to start cutting his tongue out or removing his jaw....just not gonna happen on my watch...i am not that heroic

Cigar
09-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Sorry to hear that ... :undecided:

GrassrootsConservative
09-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Poor kitty. :sad3:

Ravi
09-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Hard as it will be, that is the right decision, imo. Poor thing would just suffer in the long run for longer.

jillian
09-06-2013, 12:43 PM
So sorry, bonez. i know how much you love your animals.

strollingbonez
09-06-2013, 12:47 PM
he is in pain...nothing can be done....it is time....hubby is picking up canned food for him...we are gonna make his last night as good as we can....all we can do

jillian
09-06-2013, 12:49 PM
he is in pain...nothing can be done....it is time....hubby is picking up canned food for him...we are gonna make his last night as good as we can....all we can do

Cigar
09-06-2013, 12:51 PM
The area where the body is hot, is most likely where the pain is, try a warm compress or small electric blanket.

Good Luck

fyrenza
09-06-2013, 12:51 PM
billie has not been doing well for a while....cant keep food down...losing weight...just looking ratty...but the vet after a few hundred bucks couldnt find anything wrong...billie had always eaten dry food and seem to just have a food allergy...today he is in my lap and drooling....i open his mouth and the back of his tongue has growths...cauliflower looking growths....i google....growth on cats tongue....it pretty much comes back cancer...i knew it when i saw it...i have called my vet...i have an appointment for tomorrow at 10 am....we pretty much know its over for billie....i refuse to start cutting his tongue out or removing his jaw....just not gonna happen on my watch...i am not that heroic

I salute your courage, and admire your realistic approach.

It's so hard to lose one of our fUriends,
but it isn't "helping" anyone/thing but us to force some prolonged end.

I live on a ranch, in the middle of nowhere.
I've had to "put down" animals, some of them, my BFF's,

but it was me, with love, and quickly.

I feel your loss, sweetie ~ hugs and prayers!

strollingbonez
09-06-2013, 12:52 PM
its his tongue and throat....thanks yall....i cant believe i will be down to 3 cats and 2 dogs....

strollingbonez
09-06-2013, 12:52 PM
i have lost two in under a year now....just under a year....jake on oct 26/12 and now billie....

Cigar
09-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Feline tongue cancer can be helped with medicine without surgery

strollingbonez
09-06-2013, 01:04 PM
it is pretty far along now....seems in march it was too small to detect and most likely has spread to other parts of his body

Cigar
09-06-2013, 01:07 PM
it is pretty far along now....seems in march it was too small to detect and most likely has spread to other parts of his body

Sorry, didn't know.

RosieS
09-06-2013, 01:48 PM
http://www.illusionkennels.com/RainbowBridge_op_655x800.jpg

Regards from Rosie

Common
09-06-2013, 02:19 PM
I feel for you strolling, we had to put our cat down she was 16, she had cancer also. Just know its best for your pet not to suffer.

pjohns
09-06-2013, 02:55 PM
I'm truly sorry to learn of this. A pet can seem like a member of the family.

strollingbonez
09-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Sorry, didn't know.
we shall see what the vet says tomorrow...but i think the writing is on the wall...no problem cigar...i know you are only trying to help

fyrenza
09-06-2013, 03:39 PM
its his tongue and throat....thanks yall....i cant believe i will be down to 3 cats and 2 dogs....

Wait, WUT??? YOU have(/had) 5 cats and 2 dogs???

I have 5 cats and 2 dogs!

Ma Sista From Another Mista!

Sytha
09-06-2013, 04:37 PM
go out and buy a whole bunch of beef baby food, I'm sure he will eat that. maybe a nice milkshake too :)

I'm sorry bones.

Dr. Who
09-06-2013, 04:51 PM

So sorry Bones. I know how hard it is to make these decisions.

Agravan
09-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Wait, WUT??? YOU have(/had) 5 cats and 2 dogs???

I have 5 cats and 2 dogs!

Ma Sista From Another Mista!

I have 5 cats and 3 dogs. Got you beat :)

Agravan
09-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Bonez, sorry to hear about Billie. Animals can't be like family, theyarefamily.
Please pass along my condolences to the members of your family that love that little furball. I know I love my little kitty and when she goes, I'll be devastated. She's only 6, so she has a while to go yet, thank God.

Sytha
09-06-2013, 05:20 PM
I have 5 cats and 3 dogs. Got you beat :)

I have 10 cats. I have you both beat.

oceanloverOH
09-07-2013, 12:30 AM
OMG, strollingbonez. I am sooooo sorry; I know how devastated and crushed you must be. My beautiful Birman furbaby was 16 when she developed rectal cancer....I would have done anything, paid anything, to fix it.....but she was too old for surgery or any strong medications....and the cancer was so quick-moving it just would have made her end more miserable. In pain and suffering, but she refused to leave on her own. I had to take her to the vet for "the final shot". God help me, that was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, holding her while she looked at my face and the light faded from her eyes. It nearly killed me.....but it was all I could do for her; say goodbye while holding her tight. Trust me, Billie KNOWS you love her and you will do the best you can for her. Loving, healing thoughts and hugs coming your way, my friend.

jillian
09-07-2013, 07:34 AM
how you doing today, bones?

strollingbonez
09-07-2013, 07:47 AM
o kinda lurking and being snarky.....i know its times....and i know its the hazard of adopting an older animal...but damn i feel bad...we have starved him nearly to death....he looks like hell...what pisses me off...march/300 bucks..tell me its nothing serious and they told me...nothing serious...with that said...he is starting to vomit again...he is in pain...hurts when he eats and when he vomits he just wails...hubby is kinda holding out hope..saying maybe....and i am saying look in his mouth..hubby declined doing that...takes me about 1/2 hour to get to vet..and i know its not her fault...she told me that the growths were most likely too small to be seen in march and had just taken off in growth....i mean i saw the xrays and i know she did the blood panels etc....i tried every damned cat food out there...now i know why nothing ever helped...

billie doesnt care for the outside...i want to cremate him but hubby says he goes in the ground with all the rest...i try to keep them together....that way...tis a sad witch who only has one black cat......

jillian
09-07-2013, 07:52 AM
o kinda lurking and being snarky.....i know its times....and i know its the hazard of adopting an older animal...but damn i feel bad...we have starved him nearly to death....he looks like hell...what pisses me off...march/300 bucks..tell me its nothing serious and they told me...nothing serious...with that said...he is starting to vomit again...he is in pain...hurts when he eats and when he vomits he just wails...hubby is kinda holding out hope..saying maybe....and i am saying look in his mouth..hubby declined doing that...takes me about 1/2 hour to get to vet..and i know its not her fault...she told me that the growths were most likely too small to be seen in march and had just taken off in growth....i mean i saw the xrays and i know she did the blood panels etc....i tried every damned cat food out there...now i know why nothing ever helped...

billie doesnt care for the outside...i want to cremate him but hubby says he goes in the ground with all the rest...i try to keep them together....that way...tis a sad witch who only has one black cat......

sad situation. it's amazing how quickly something like that can happen. you're probably right about the growths being too small to see when you had her checked out last.

i think you should keep them all together, too, fwiw.

get a black kitten. you need more than one black cat.

strollingbonez
09-07-2013, 07:55 AM
i figured hubby would take this chance to hold....he has been trying to get the population down well since i hit 4 cats and 3 dogs....so now we will be at 5...but then there is the dog with a missing paw at the end of the drive way...he belongs up the street but he is suddenly down here...i went up there and no one was there but there was mail in the mail box ....people have been away? i cant figure it out....so i am dealing with him today...later on

jillian
09-07-2013, 08:03 AM
that will be a good thing to do today... think about another animal that needs your help.

i hope those people didn't abandon the dog. :(

Sytha
09-07-2013, 10:39 AM
(((( hugs)))

im so sorry bones.

countryboy
09-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Heartfelt condolences. It's never easy to lose a loved one, whether two legged, or four. :(

strollingbonez
09-07-2013, 04:02 PM
dog seems to have gone home? it ended for billie abot 10:30 am today....i was right it as tongue cancer....i took the only humane option....

i will hold for now...gives me wiggle room for the next ...*fill in the blank* found at the end of the drive way

jillian
09-07-2013, 04:05 PM

Agravan
09-07-2013, 05:01 PM
You're in my prayers, bonez.

Dr. Who
09-07-2013, 05:28 PM
dog seems to have gone home? it ended for billie abot 10:30 am today....i was right it as tongue cancer....i took the only humane option....

i will hold for now...gives me wiggle room for the next ...*fill in the blank* found at the end of the drive way
Sorry for your loss Bones. You made the right decision for your friend.

pjohns
09-07-2013, 05:55 PM

I deeply regret your loss.

On one level, I know that it is for the best that your companion is now out of its misery.

Still, it is exceedingly hard to feel very satisfied at a time such as this...

strollingbonez
09-09-2013, 07:27 AM
i am good with it....i hate billie was with us longer but he was suffering and so was i.....when you think you have done right by a pet then find out it was all just wrong...it just tears at ya....

thanks everyone

Matty
09-09-2013, 08:45 PM
i am good with it....i hate billie was with us longer but he was suffering and so was i.....when you think you have done right by a pet then find out it was all just wrong...it just tears at ya....

thanks everyone

I cannot believe I just found this thread. RIP little billie. If he belonged to bones he was in heaven on earth.

Common
09-12-2013, 09:43 PM

thanks everyone

I feel for you Strolling, over the years my wife and I suffered through what you have more than I want to admit. Pets just dont live long enough.
We have a 9 yr old Cair Terrier, I dont know how im going to be able to console my wife when the time comes she and that dog are inseparable.