PDA

View Full Version : Life as an immigrant

jgreer
01-12-2012, 05:09 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-deport-luis-20120108,0,509285.story

Luis Luna, 20, was smuggled to the U.S. from Mexico when he was 3. He grew up, went to school, found jobs. Then the Washington state resident was deported after a cop pulled him over for a broken headlight. He hopes to return on the undercarriage of a boxcar.If you read this story then you should feel something for this poor guy.

Mister D
01-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Yeah, we should house 4 billion or so of the world's poor. :cry:

jgreer
01-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Not all of them just the ones that are American raised

Mister D
01-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Not all of them just the ones that are American raised

I could accept that sentiment if this government would secure the border, halt immigration, and establish a sane immigration policy for the future.

jgreer
01-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Thank you mister Dee I believe it is a case of compassion and humanity. Sometimes we have to look beyond dollars and sense and do what is morally right.

wingrider
01-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Your title is misleading to say the least.

it should read Life as an Illegal Immigrant.

lets put this in another light ok?

A man breaks into a bank vault and steals a couple of million dollars, he doesn't get caught and uses the illgotten gains to start a business and prospers, leaving an inheretance for his children. now twenty years later the authorities finally get enough evidence to areest the man only to discover that he has died, should his children then be able to keep the inheretance that was obtained by illegal means,?

jgreer
01-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Huh? That doesnt make any sense

These people didnt rob a bank

Aren't you a believer in Christ? where is your compassion?

Mister D
01-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Thank you mister Dee I believe it is a case of compassion and humanity. Sometimes we have to look beyond dollars and sense and do what is morally right.

There is no sense involved in such emotional appeals. I don't think it's "morally right" to wreck my homeland.

Conley
01-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Why didn't the subject of the story apply for citizenship? It would seem he had plenty of opportunity. Driving without a license and insurance is serious.

Mister D
01-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Why didn't the subject of the story apply for citizenship? It would seem he had plenty of opportunity. Driving without a license and insurance is serious.

Because ultimately too many of us don't care and our government doesn't expect it.

roadmaster
01-12-2012, 07:23 PM

I am but I also have compassion for the citizens who live here. This persons parents were illegal and so is he. Why is it ok to break the laws just because this person might be nice or a good worker? It's not ours or his fault they smuggled him in but he is now in his 20's. Look how long he was here before he got deported.

Mister D
01-12-2012, 07:26 PM
I am but I also have compassion for the citizens who live here. This persons parents were illegal and so is he. Why is it ok to break the laws just because this person might be nice or a good worker? It's not ours or his fault they smuggled him in but he is now in his 20's. Look how long he was here before he got deported.

Exactly.

wingrider
01-13-2012, 12:15 AM

So you differentiate between illegals acts? Illegals cost this country billions of dollars a year with welfare, education, medical , courts prisons etc etc..

Yes I am a believer in Christ,, But the Bible also tells us not to break laws and that is what these illegals are doing when they break into our country. Compassion has no part in it. you break the law you pay the consequenses of your actions. being a christian or being an athiest has no bearing on this.