PDA

View Full Version : Federal Judge Says Prayer Banner Must Be Removed

roadmaster
01-12-2012, 08:29 PM
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/federal-judge-says-prayer-banner-must-be-removed.html

A federal judge has ruled that a Rhode Island high school must tear down a prayer banner that encouraged students to be kind and helpful because it offended non-Christians and was a violation of the U.S. Constitution.

MMC
01-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Yep public school.....they will make sure that comes down.

Mister D
01-12-2012, 08:34 PM
It's amazing how all it takes is one trivial complaint.

roadmaster
01-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Yes, there can be thousands that like and approve, but it only takes one to have it taken away. Had nothing about Jesus only God and a lot of people don't worship the same one.

MMC
01-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Thing that kills me is we cant have anything religious or religious saying around Public insitutions and Government buildings.

Yet the Supreme Court, any other Court, and Congress don't say anything about the United States Real Religion. US Currency! Wherein on every piece we have. It says.....In God We Trust!!!!!

roadmaster
01-12-2012, 08:50 PM
If it was promoting Islam, you would be arrested for wanting to take it down and the hard Libs would be calling you islamphoias- sp. Then if the judge ordered it taken down the school would probably be afraid of bombs.

Mister D
01-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Yes, there can be thousands that like and approve, but it only takes one to have it taken away. Had nothing about Jesus only God and a lot of people don't worship the same one.

What gets me is how frivolous it was and they some are admiring bravery. :rollseyes:

roadmaster
01-12-2012, 09:01 PM
What gets me is how frivolous it was and they some are admiring bravery. :rollseyes:

I know and it wasn't like it was just put up either. It's been there for years. People should get out and fight this one. Soon they are going to be saying and we all know it's coming that graveyards of any kind can't have a cross just in case a atheist is offended. They have a group and I forget which state that pays people to go out and find things to dispute. Just like the recent fights in TX. Those people weren't even from there.

Mister D
01-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Oh, she took a brave stand. :laugh: :rollseyes: Honestly, if this girl came up with this on her own I would suspect she suffers from some kind of neurosis. That said no doubt you're right. I'm sure there are organizations dedicated to causing trouble.

wingrider
01-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Thing that kills me is we cant have anything religious or religious saying around Public insitutions and Government buildings.

Yet the Supreme Court, any other Court, and Congress don't say anything about the United States Real Religion. US Currency! Wherein on every piece we have. It says.....In God We Trust!!!!!

the next time I have to go to court and take the witness stand or jury duty, and they have you put your hand on the bilbe ans swear to tell the truth I am going to refuse to do it as a violation of my civil rights and the separation of Church and state rule.. We can all play this game .

Mister D
01-13-2012, 12:06 PM
the next time I have to go to court and take the witness stand or jury duty, and they have you put your hand on the bilbe ans swear to tell the truth I am going to refuse to do it as a violation of my civil rights and the separation of Church and state rule.. We can all play this game .

:laugh: :wink:

Alias
01-13-2012, 05:24 PM
The US Constitution has been made to say a lot of things it doesn't say. The people who do that need to be ignored. Seriously. The problem is we have activist judges that do what they "think" is right and PC. The US Constitution is not politically correct and that drives the left to make up shit to further their agenda.

Mister D
01-14-2012, 10:30 AM
The US Constitution has been made to say a lot of things it doesn't say. The people who do that need to be ignored. Seriously. The problem is we have activist judges that do what they "think" is right and PC. The US Constitution is not politically correct and that drives the left to make up shit to further their agenda.

Agreed.

CoLibertarian
02-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Oh, she took a brave stand. :laugh: :rollseyes: Honestly, if this girl came up with this on her own I would suspect she suffers from some kind of neurosis. That said no doubt you're right. I'm sure there are organizations dedicated to causing trouble.

You can disagree with her position, but why would you attack her personally? She obviously took an unpopular stance and received quite a bit of persecution from people much worse that you.

To me, this is just more proof that we should not have public schools, nothing more.

CoLibertarian
02-10-2012, 10:30 PM

As I have said before, judicial activism is not just a product of the left. Example: Patriot Act.

Mister D
02-11-2012, 02:43 PM
You can disagree with her position, but why would you attack her personally? She obviously took an unpopular stance and received quite a bit of persecution from people much worse that you.

To me, this is just more proof that we should not have public schools, nothing more.

Honestly, that neurosis comment was just a matter of fact statement. I do believe that persons objecting to Christmas music, Nativity scenes etc. are less than well. It's utterly frivolous. Granted, she's a young girl and I should cut her some slack.

CoLibertarian
02-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Honestly, that neurosis comment was just a matter of fact statement. I do believe that persons objecting to Christmas music, Nativity scenes etc. are less than well. It's utterly frivolous. Granted, she's a young girl and I should cut her some slack.

I tend to agree... However, I also know how it feels to be in a minority with my beliefs and opinions and can understand how someone of a certain faith would object to having an opposing faith shoved down my throat.

Again, to me it is an easy solution. Get rid of public education. It isn't doing a good job anyways.

Mister D
02-11-2012, 02:56 PM
We certainly agree on public education and its performance. That would also solve a lot of other issues like this one. Agreed. I would only add that it usually isn't people of faith who complain about symbols of faith.

CoLibertarian
02-11-2012, 03:02 PM
We certainly agree on public education and its performance. That would also solve a lot of other issues like this one. Agreed. I would only add that it usually isn't people of faith who complain about symbols of faith.

I would argue that atheism or agnosticism is a "faith" (much to the chagrin of those people) - hehe

Mister D
02-11-2012, 03:06 PM
I would argue that atheism or agnosticism is a "faith" (much to the chagrin of those people) - hehe

They hate that. :laugh:

CoLibertarian
02-11-2012, 03:12 PM
They hate that. :laugh:

I know - hehe

Especially those who profess to be "Agnostic"

Chris
02-11-2012, 03:44 PM
No, they think such equivocations illogical.

CoLibertarian
02-11-2012, 09:53 PM
No, they think such equivocations illogical.

Which is even more funny.

MMC
02-11-2012, 10:26 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1607704649997&id=25da1f25e9a629d5dc402e6be6f5d926&url=http%3a%2f%2fcheezcomixed.files.wordpress.com% 2f2011%2f08%2fkoma-comic-strip-spock-obviously-doesnt-pay-rent.jpg :wink: