PDA

View Full Version : A problem with posting quotes

pjohns
09-19-2013, 02:34 PM
I am suddenly having difficulty in quoting another poster.

In post #30 of the thread, "As Budget Fight Looms, Obama Sees Defiance in His Own Party," I have attempted to quote another poster. But the quote came out like this:

"
The GOP may well have great arguments about Obama's handling of the economy and of healthcare, but everything they have to say is going to be invalidated when they sabotage the government and the economy with this hare-brained Shutdown and Debt Ceiling maneuvering."

That is not the way I would have expected it to come out after I had posted the material.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Chris
09-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Went and looked. What's screwing it up is single's special font etc.

Quoting your post there I see:

[QUOTE=Singularity;370076]The GOP may well have great arguments about Obama's handling of the economy and of healthcare, but everything they have to say is going to be invalidated when they sabotage the government and the economy with this hare-brained Shutdown and Debt Ceiling maneuvering.

The error in codes is

[/[/FONT][/SIZE]QUOTE]

The close size and font tags are embedded in the close quote tag.

Remove

[/FONT][/SIZE]

Also remove at the start

[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]

That should work.

Ravi
09-19-2013, 06:09 PM
This place has been screwy lately. I now often get messages when replying to posts asking me if I want to leave the page.

Chris
09-19-2013, 06:14 PM
pjohns' problem was an editing one, not the system.

The notification about leaving the page is letting you know you've made some editing inputs that you will lose if you leave. I think it takes a conservative approach, for if it took a liberal one and you lost your post you'd get pissed--you generic of course!

Peter1469
09-19-2013, 07:31 PM
This place has been screwy lately. I now often get messages when replying to posts asking me if I want to leave the page.

I get that sometimes- if you are in the middle of your own post, it should not be a big deal to just hit the leave option.

Ravi
09-19-2013, 07:41 PM
yeah, but why?

Peter1469
09-19-2013, 07:43 PM
I don't know.

Ravi
09-19-2013, 07:44 PM
I don't know.
LOL! I wish my husband would say that.

Peter1469
09-19-2013, 07:53 PM
LOL! I wish my husband would say that.

I will refrain from commenting on that. :wink:

Dr. Who
09-19-2013, 08:22 PM
pjohns' problem was an editing one, not the system.

The notification about leaving the page is letting you know you've made some editing inputs that you will lose if you leave. I think it takes a conservative approach, for if it took a liberal one and you lost your post you'd get pissed--you generic of course!

I get it sometimes when I haven't even posted, never mind edited anything. I'm wondering if it is a cache issue.

Chris
09-19-2013, 10:01 PM
I get it sometimes when I haven't even posted, never mind edited anything. I'm wondering if it is a cache issue.

Not saying it requires a post. Just typing or clicking a checkbox or button. Something inadvertent. Something you're not away you're doing.