PDA

View Full Version : New rule suggestion

Ravi
09-23-2013, 02:42 PM
I've noticed that some posters disapprove of certain threads and will post in said threads their disapproval of the thread topic.

Perhaps we should have a group that decides what topics are appropriate and which topics are not appropriate.

I do not wish to be on such a panel, just thought it might cut down on complaints of that nature. It's annoying to read through a thread and see these comments.

Thanks for listening.

oceanloverOH
09-23-2013, 02:52 PM
I've noticed that some posters disapprove of certain threads and will post in said threads their disapproval of the thread topic.

Perhaps we should have a group that decides what topics are appropriate and which topics are not appropriate.

I do not wish to be on such a panel, just thought it might cut down on complaints of that nature. It's annoying to read through a thread and see these comments.

Thanks for listening.

I know it's annoying, Marie.....sometimes it annoys me, too. We definitely have a few whiners here. But we can't discriminate to the extent of determining which topics are appropriate.....everyone is free to post whatever topic they want, as long as it meets the rule criteria of good faith, and at least a modicum of good taste, and is posted in the appropriate subforum. Stay tuned....we have just established a whole set of new rules. They have been approved by the VIP group with a majority vote and are currently awaiting ADMIN to update them to our Rules section. We will post an announcement when they become effective. You will find them a lot more defining and comprehensive than the current rules, I think.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Cigar
09-23-2013, 03:03 PM
:grin: looks like more fun is on the way.

Green Arrow
09-23-2013, 04:32 PM
This is a rather terrible suggestion, no offense. So far, this forum seems to be great at promoting the free flow of discussion, and arbitrarily deciding what is and is not appropriate is a recipe for madness.

Captain Obvious
09-23-2013, 05:03 PM
IMO, restricting discussion is a bad idea.

Having said that, it's weak forum etiquette to post in a thread one's disapproval with the topic being discussed without really adding value to the conversation - and I do that myself every now and then but just on the really ridiculous threads.

Mr Happy
09-23-2013, 05:07 PM
This is a rather terrible suggestion, no offense. So far, this forum seems to be great at promoting the free flow of discussion, and arbitrarily deciding what is and is not appropriate is a recipe for madness.

I disagree. There are a few whiners on here constantly going to mods over pathetic matters. It doesn't help that a couple of the mods seem enablers in that regard. I say ignore the whiners unless it's spam or overt abuse.

Ravi
09-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Yes, it does sound like a bad idea in retrospect. But as long as a faction spams posts with that complaint it will continue to be an annoyance. It's almost as if they were trolling.