PDA

View Full Version : Why Russia is Planning Iran War Games.....

MMC
01-18-2012, 02:34 AM
As tensions ratchet up in the Persian Gulf, the Kremlin is signaling that it will use all its diplomatic influence to oppose war and, according to a leading Moscow newspaper, has ordered the military to prepare for any possible spillover from a conflict between Iran and the US into the sensitive post-Soviet Caucasus region.

Russia will block any further sanctions against Iran in the UN Security Council, a Foreign Ministry official said Tuesday, because it believes rising tensions could trigger a conflict that would destabilize the wider region. Last week Russian deputy prime minister and former ambassador to NATO Dmitry Rogozin warned that any Western attack on Iran would constitute "a direct threat to [Russian] national security.".....snip~

http://thepoliticalforums.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=17

Looks like the Russians will make sure they have enough forces in and around Iran. Think that has everybody's attention now?

Conley
01-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Call me crazy but I don't see them starting a war on Iran's defense. They will be there to observe our forces and their capabilities no doubt, but I refuse to believe they are so illogical as to start WW3 on behalf of crazy Ahmadinejad. Putin doesn't want to be responsible for the end of mankind.

Mister D
01-18-2012, 11:17 AM
He doesn't seem to care. :grin:

Mister D
01-18-2012, 11:19 AM
I don't either. All Russia is trying to do is regain some world influence. I seriously doubt that will be at the risk of a major war no one wants.

Conley
01-18-2012, 11:56 AM
He doesn't seem to care. :grin:

Haha, Putin never looks worried. Mildly irritated? Yes.

MMC
01-18-2012, 02:37 PM
The last time Russia did this we then had what we saw take place with Armenia and Georgia. All from some War Games being implemented. Now while it is Unusual for 4 Carrier Strike Groups to come together in the first place. The Point was that such did not intimidate the Russians. The Russians know that just speaking up forcefully will cause us, to at the least hesitate and check into things. Whereas the Russians already know and have known that they could run rampshod on the Europeans anytime they want.

Although Putin sure doesnt think so highly of Czarkosy. Wonder why that is? As France is by no means a threat to Russia. Militarily speaking that is. Now being a threat as a snake in the grass or like an irritating mosquito. That is a different story. Especially with all the influence the French seems to have in the UN these days. Which should be questioned and definately put in check before the French go out in the big bad world and learn to fuck things up worse than things already are. Which they have a habit of doing.

Russia isn't even concerned about anything the EU has to throw around Militarily-wise. Their just not going to let the West all band together and bust a move. So their warning did the trick and now all these moves just validate that point!

Still the problem isnt going away. Due to the Israelis now knowing they have enough Urianium processed for several nukes. That they are enriching to 20%. Iran has made the play and put the ball in the West's Court. Now it is The West that will have to make a decision. Either allow Iran to have the Nukes or make a move!

Conley
01-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Are you talking about the South Ossieta (sp?) conflict in your first line?

MMC
01-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Dang.....should have told me, I put up the wrong link.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2012/0117/Why-Russia-is-planning-Iran-war-games

"The situation around Karabakh is stable now, but the status quo could be destroyed by an external shock, such as war in next-door Iran," says Mr. Lukyanov. "For Russia, this would pose an impossible dilemma.
Secret benefits for RussiaBut, he adds, Russia might also "secretly benefit" from any US attack on Iran as long as it didn't produce pro-Western regime change in that country. Prices for oil, Russia's main source of foreign exchange, would skyrocket, at least in the short term.

"The most likely outcome is that the US would become bogged down in another complicated, long-term conflict," Lukyanov says. "That means US attention would be less directed than ever on the post-Soviet region, and that would be good for Moscow.".....snip~

Conley
01-18-2012, 03:40 PM
I had that thought as well. Why wouldn't they want us to continue draining our coffers for the benefit of the entire globe?