PDA

View Full Version : Report: Iran Planning To Attacks on US Targets in Turkey.....

MMC
01-21-2012, 02:13 AM
According to Turkish Zaman daily, a cell of the Quds Unit of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard is planning to attack U.S. embassy in Ankara.

The Turkish newspaper Zaman reported Tuesday that Turkish intelligence has warned that Iran’s Revolutionary Guard is planning attacks on the American embassy and American consulates throughout the country.

According to the report, Turkey’s security forces have warned police (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#) in all 81 districts throughout the country, telling them to remain alert and vigilant.
The report states that according to Turkish intelligence, it is likely that a cell of the Quds Unit of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard is planning to break into the U.S. Embassy or one of its consulates. The intelligence further stated that the cell is planning on staying at a five-star hotel in the city in which the attack is being planned, cautioning forces to focus on foreigners residing in those hotels (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#).....snip~

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/report-iran-planning-attacks-on-u-s-targets-in-turkey-1.407860

:shocked: Hmmm.....I wonder who else they are going to hit in Turkey. Considering that the Rebel leaders giving Assad trouble are hiding out there. If they make this move it will be war and there will be no doubts about it whatsoever. Anybody disagree?

MMC
01-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Iran is scheduled to conduct their Naval War Games starting Jan 21st and running them until Feb 19th. Also they have made contact that they are willing to talk again.

Alias
01-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Iran always wants to talk when they need to buy time.

Mister D
01-21-2012, 11:42 AM

I tend to agree. That does appear to be the nature of this regime.

Conley
01-21-2012, 11:45 AM

Exactly, and nothing ever changes.

I would be surprised if they attack our embassy at this point. The smart move (for their side) would be to keep stalling until they become nuclear capable.

Mister D
01-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Exactly, and nothing ever changes.

I would be surprised if they attack our embassy at this point. The smart move (for their side) would be to keep stalling until they become nuclear capable.

That wouldn't be a wise move but we can't really put ourselves in their minds. I'd still say it was a stupid thing to do but I'm not sure I'd say it's surprising.

Conley
01-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Their rhetoric is crazy, but I don't think their previous behavior matches it. A lot more bark than bite so to speak.

Mister D
01-21-2012, 11:56 AM
We might be thinking one way but they're perceived interests might not be what we think they are. Fro example, we might be thinking in terms of international opinion etc. while their overriding concern is domestic support or opposition.

Edit: I'm going to leave "Fro example". :afro:

Conley
01-21-2012, 12:03 PM
We might be thinking one way but they're perceived interests might not be what we think they are. Fro example, we might be thinking in terms of international opinion etc. while their overriding concern is domestic support or opposition.

Edit: I'm going to leave "Fro example". :afro:

:laugh:

Maybe. I disagree but I'm not sure how to put it. I think examining it from many angles still leads to the same answer. There is the potential for someone at a high level acting irrationally but I don't think that is a likely outcome. I am definitely looking at first and foremost from a domestic standpoint and international perception at this point is irrelevant because it's incredibly damaged (at least in the short term and probably for the duration of Ahmadinejad's rule).

Alias
01-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Ibeanutjob is the front man. He has no real power and is only an empty suit. The real power in Iran is with the Islamist Clerics who run the nation.

Conley
01-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Good point.

MMC
01-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Notice the Statement comes from the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and Not Imadeaninajon.....all now know they have enough for a couple warheads. Everyone even knows where they are enriching the Uraniaum up to 20%. All the talks would be is a stalling tactic. Which I doubt Israel will go for. IMO Iran is keeping the pressure on. Might have to send in an IMF Team in with whatever Intel Ops Team Israel sends in. It is the only way I can see any success at taking out that Nuclear reactor.

Their excerises are running to Feb.19th which will keep Oil prices fluctuating. Plus I think they are waiting to see what the EU is going to do with the Embargo this week before they make any type of decison. So technically they still have left the ball in our court and Israel's.

Mister D
01-21-2012, 03:48 PM
I agree that this nut job is just a mouthpiece for the mullahs which makes me believe they won;t always be as rational as expect them to be.