PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Marinade

oceanloverOH
10-06-2013, 02:27 PM
One of my favorite dishes at Olive Garden is their Venetian Apricot Chicken. Been trying to duplicate the yummy apricot glaze they use; I think I almost have it.....well, it's close anyway. For dinner tonight:

Apricot/Citrus Grilled Chicken Breasts
Flavorful chicken grilled on a two-sided George Foreman grill

Prep Time: 15 minutes (plus 3-6 hours marinate time)
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 21 minutes hands-on time

•1 12-oz. jar sugarfree apricot preserves
•½ cup orange juice
•¼ cup lemon juice
•½ tsp salt
•½ tsp ground black pepper
•2½ tsp minced garlic
•4 Tbsp EVOO
•1 lb thinly cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 thin breasts)
•2 tsp cornstarch (if needed)
•2 tsp cold water (if needed)

In a medium bowl, combine preserves with juices, salt, pepper, garlic and oil, whisking till smooth. Makes 2 cups of marinade. Pour 1 cup marinade in airtight bowl and refrigerate to make sauce later. Pour the other cup of marinade in a gallon-size ziplock baggie and add chicken. Seal bag, and turn several times to coat chicken. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours, turning often.

Preheat GFG.

Remove chicken from fridge and discard baggie and used marinade. Grill chicken on GFG for about 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.

While chicken is cooking, pour reserved marinade in a small saucepan and boil for 3-4 minutes until reduced. If needed, mix cornstarch and water and mix well into sauce. Serve sauce on the side.

Makes about 4 servings.

Alyosha
10-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Hot damn!

oceanloverOH
10-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Alyosha, you still working on our Libertarian Cookbook?

Alyosha
10-06-2013, 02:35 PM
@Alyosha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=863), you still working on our Libertarian Cookbook?

I am. I have about 50 recipes but it's not enough. I just have to come up with patriotic names now, too.

oceanloverOH
10-06-2013, 02:37 PM
I am. I have about 50 recipes but it's not enough. I just have to come up with patriotic names now, too.

I'll keep coming up with recipes for you. When you get the chance, e-mail me the list of what recipes you have, so I can compare to my digital files and see if I have any I haven't posted or sent to you.

Peter1469
10-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Well it warmed up again here..., so I am back to eating salads like a rabbit. Once it cools off I will get back into stews and soups.

oceanloverOH
10-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Need to tweak this recipe just a tad.....it was a little too tart; the tartness kind of overwhelmed the sweetness of the apricot preserves. Changing the following:

Decrease orange juice to 1/4 cup
Decrease lemon juice to 2 Tbsp
Add 1 Tbsp Splenda brown sugar blend
Omit salt