PDA

View Full Version : I hate this breed of Dog. I really do

Matty
10-08-2013, 06:23 AM
http://www.wjhg.com/news/regional/headlines/Georgia-School-Locked-Down-Following-Dog-Attack-226788471.html

strollingbonez
10-08-2013, 07:13 AM
jrt are biters....too

countryboy
10-08-2013, 07:27 AM
jrt are biters....too

Yes, but when they bite, it's not nearly as devastating. It's not the dog's fault, but that doesn't alleviate the pain and suffering of the victims.

Matty
10-08-2013, 07:32 AM
jrt are biters....too

when's the last time you read that a JRT killed someone?

countryboy
10-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Oh and sorry, but it's not always how you raise the dog. I know from personal, horrible, devastating experience.

Matty
10-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Oh and sorry, but it's not always how you raise the dog. I know from personal, horrible, devastating experience.

Me Too. I will never forget that day. Do you care to share your experience?

countryboy
10-08-2013, 07:47 AM
Me Too. I will never forget that day. Do you care to share your experience?
My infant daughter was fatally mauled by my own dog. It's been years, but it is something you never quite recover from.

oceanloverOH
10-08-2013, 09:11 AM
This is a tragedy, and it unfortunately happens all the time. Jack Russell Terriers may be biters, but they are more "fear biters" than instinctive killers. Pit Bulls, along with Rottweilers and a few others, were bred to be fighting dogs; that's a fact. A lot of the killer instinct has been bred out of them, but it's still there. They are very intelligent and make excellent working dogs as long as they are THOROUGHLY trained, and remain under a trained handler's firm physical control at all times. They should NEVER be used as pets; they can unpredictably revert to that killer instinct without warning. IMO, it should be illegal to own one unless you are a trained and registered dog handler for a specific job.

Matty
10-08-2013, 09:57 AM
My infant daughter was fatally mauled by my own dog. It's been years, but it is something you never quite recover from.

OMG! country boy. I am so terribly sorry. Losing a child is the ultimate loss. All I lost was another dog. Again. I am so sorry.

countryboy
10-08-2013, 10:57 AM
OMG! country boy. I am so terribly sorry. Losing a child is the ultimate loss. All I lost was another dog. Again. I am so sorry.
Losing a dog is no small loss.

Thank you Willow Tree. I don't really like telling my story, but if it prevents one person from suffering the same fate, it's worth it.

Kabuki Joe
10-08-2013, 10:58 AM

...true...depends on the person breeding the dogs...I have a Lakeland Terrier from England that has never even looked at a child cross eyed...I was talking to the breeder and he said he had grandkids and he won't tolerate a dog that's people aggressive...I think more people in the US need to have this attitude with dogs...

Agravan
10-08-2013, 10:59 AM

Thank you Willow Tree. I don't really like telling my story, but if it prevents one person from suffering the same fate, it's worth it.
My condolences, Bud. Sorry for your loss.

countryboy
10-08-2013, 11:02 AM
...true...depends on the person breeding the dogs...I have a Lakeland Terrier from England that has never even looked at a child cross eyed...I was talking to the breeder and he said he had grandkids and he won't tolerate a dog that's people aggressive...I think more people in the US need to have this attitude with dogs...

My dog never gave a single clue before he attacked. He was a pedigree dog with a long, verifiable bloodline. He was never previously aggressive towards any human being.

Kabuki Joe
10-08-2013, 11:28 AM
My dog never gave a single clue before he attacked. He was a pedigree dog with a long, verifiable bloodline. He was never previously aggressive towards any human being.

...the breeder I got my dog from has been breeding his line since the early 60's...he puts dogs down that don't meet his standards...trait isn't passed on to another generation...done...finished...

Matty
10-08-2013, 12:16 PM

I have to correct a misstatement I made. I've told my story here before. our pit bull lab mix attacked my little JRT and ripped his right eye, I saw it explode, he mauled his head and almost got the juggler. Buster died but it was later. Bear died the same day he lost his mind and attacked the JRT. We raised bear from a little bitty pup. His attack came strictly outta nowhere and was shocking.

Kabuki Joe
10-08-2013, 12:32 PM
I have to correct a misstatement I made. I've told my story here before. our pit bull lab mix attacked my little JRT and ripped his right eye, I saw it explode, he mauled his head and almost got the juggler. Buster died but it was later. Bear died the same day he lost his mind and attacked the JRT. We raised bear from a little bitty pup. His attack came strictly outta nowhere and was shocking.

...any cross with a pitbull is a liability...

jillian
10-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Yes, but when they bite, it's not nearly as devastating. It's not the dog's fault, but that doesn't alleviate the pain and suffering of the victims.

yeah, but if one of them bites you, it can't get to your throat and you can laugh at it as you backhand it over the nearest fence.

if a pit gets you, you're not getting its jaws apart.

jillian
10-08-2013, 12:35 PM
http://www.wjhg.com/news/regional/headlines/Georgia-School-Locked-Down-Following-Dog-Attack-226788471.html

awww come on, willow... pit bulls don't kill people, badly training pit bulls kills people. :oP

Alyosha
10-08-2013, 12:39 PM
countryboy

((hugs))

you've had a rough life. I honestly have no words. If you could read my heart you'd know my sympathy is with you yet again.

Was it a pit?

jillian
10-08-2013, 12:40 PM

i'm sorry. that's horrible. no one should go through that.

The Xl
10-08-2013, 12:41 PM
It's how you raise it, mostly. My neighbor has a pitbull that wouldn't hurt a fly.

jillian
10-08-2013, 12:44 PM
It's how you raise it, mostly. My neighbor has a pitbull that wouldn't hurt a fly.

the problem is that when they turn it's with such violence and force that you can't stop them. it's like when my husband used to work with elephants and rhinos. they're wonderful... until they're not... and then you're dead... which is why he stopped working with elephants and rhinos.

Alyosha
10-08-2013, 01:15 PM
the problem is that when they turn it's with such violence and force that you can't stop them. it's like when my husband used to work with elephants and rhinos. they're wonderful... until they're not... and then you're dead... which is why he stopped working with elephants and rhinos.

Yep. I know someone who had a pit for 8 years and swore by it, saying it wouldn't hurt a fly how they were not trained to be aggressive with humans and then it attacked her child.

roadmaster
10-08-2013, 01:24 PM
I don't like these dogs. Won't own one and I have known some never to attack others. Having a grandchild I am not willing to take a chance. If it was just me then I may have a different attitude.

jillian
10-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Yep. I know someone who had a pit for 8 years and swore by it, saying it wouldn't hurt a fly how they were not trained to be aggressive with humans and then it attacked her child.

and there's the thing. they're beautiful. they can be really sweet. but i couldn't control it if it turned.

i like golden retrievers....

and neufoundlands...

and the odd maltese. lol.

The Xl
10-08-2013, 01:27 PM

That can apply to any animal, even humans.

Alyosha
10-08-2013, 01:29 PM
That can apply to any animal, even humans.

True which is why I don't trust strange humans. I would super duper not trust humans who were bred over 2 centuries for fighting where the most aggressive winners were allowed to carry their line forward.

In other words, I wouldn't have dated anyone in the Khan family.

roadmaster
10-08-2013, 01:29 PM
That can apply to any animal, even humans. But if you had a young child would you put her or his safety over your own thinking? I can't do that and the only dog I let around them is my golden but still watch.

The Xl
10-08-2013, 01:39 PM
But if you had a young child would you put her or his safety over your own thinking? I can't do that and the only dog I let around them is my golden but still watch.

I'd be more comfortable with my husky around a 6-8 year old than a random babysitter.

::Shrugs:: Humans are more likely to do nefarious shit than other animals are when no one is looking

Alyosha
10-08-2013, 01:42 PM
I'd be more comfortable with my husky around a 6-8 year old than a random babysitter.

::Shrugs:: Humans are more likely to do nefarious shit than other animals are when no one is looking

I have a Great Pyrenees. Guess what color he is? White. Anyone could guess because they are all white. They are all white because they were bred that way. Could there be an odd brown one? Maybe.

roadmaster
10-08-2013, 01:56 PM

I agree but still take precautions either way.

jillian
10-08-2013, 01:57 PM
I have a Great Pyrenees. Guess what color he is? White. Anyone could guess because they are all white. They are all white because they were bred that way. Could there be an odd brown one? Maybe.

i knew someone who had one of those. they're beautiful.

hers was named marshmellow. (i bet you can't guess why).

Alyosha
10-08-2013, 02:06 PM
i knew someone who had one of those. they're beautiful.

hers was named marshmellow. (i bet you can't guess why).

Macduff

His father and grandfather were between 175 and 184 winter weight. He will be a big boy. :)

jillian
10-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Macduff

His father and grandfather were between 175 and 184 winter weight. He will be a big boy. :)

a cuddly dog!!

i have a rabbit, two guinea pigs and a bearded dragon (hubby and son are allergic to dogs and cats).

Alyosha
10-08-2013, 02:10 PM
a cuddly dog!!

i have a rabbit, two guinea pigs and a bearded dragon (hubby and son are allergic to dogs and cats).

I had a long haired silky guinea pig named "David" for a long time because of my old building's restrictions. He was awesome. I had a leash for him and took him places.

jillian
10-08-2013, 02:16 PM
I had a long haired silky guinea pig named "David" for a long time because of my old building's restrictions. He was awesome. I had a leash for him and took him places.

Mine are Tyrion and Daenerys

Tyrion is an Abyssinian
Daeny is mixed.

sweetest critters.

i don't know how they'd take to a leash. lol.

Alyosha
10-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Mine are Tyrion and Daenerys

Tyrion is an Abyssinian
Daeny is mixed.

sweetest critters.

i don't know how they'd take to a leash. lol.

Well, he didn't really. Mostly he chuckled and ate clover in one spot.

He looked like this

http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/21/2144/WPBCD00Z/posters/wegner-petra-white-peruvian-guinea-pig.jpg

Matty
10-08-2013, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE=Alyosha;388783]Well, he didn't really. Mostly he chuckled and ate clover in one spot.

He looked like this

http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/21/2144/WPBCD00Z/posters/wegner-petra-white-peruvian-guinea-pig.jpg[/QI'd UOTE]

I'd be laughing the live long day! :)

countryboy
10-08-2013, 02:58 PM
countryboy

((hugs))

you've had a rough life. I honestly have no words. If you could read my heart you'd know my sympathy is with you yet again.

Was it a pit?
Yes, it was a pit.

Thank you. I appreciate all the sympathy, I really do, but my main motivation in revealing this very private tragedy, is in the hope that nobody else will ever have to suffer through the same thing.

Alyosha
10-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Yes, it was a pit.

Thank you. I appreciate all the sympathy, I really do, but my main motivation in revealing this very private tragedy, is in the hope that nobody else will ever have to suffer through the same thing.

countryboy

you have always been a favorite of mine, and I believe you to be one of the most decent souls I've met on the Internet. You shame me how much you've overcome with grace.

I lost a lot, but I also hid from the world for four long years.

My respect goes out to you.

countryboy
10-08-2013, 03:01 PM
It wasn't in my case. Hence my warning.

jillian
10-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Well, he didn't really. Mostly he chuckled and ate clover in one spot.

He looked like this

http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/21/2144/WPBCD00Z/posters/wegner-petra-white-peruvian-guinea-pig.jpg

this is what tyrion looks like, except she's all dark brown

jillian
10-08-2013, 03:05 PM
and this is what daeny looks like4219

countryboy
10-08-2013, 03:08 PM
countryboy

you have always been a favorite of mine, and I believe you to be one of the most decent souls I've met on the Internet. You shame me how much you've overcome with grace.

I lost a lot, but I also hid from the world for four long years.

My respect goes out to you.
Must. Swallow. Lump.....

I'd rep you, but the system won't let me. Thank you darlin'. Without the grace of Him, I'd be a blob of jelly.

Codename Section
10-08-2013, 03:41 PM
countryboy

I am very sorry to hear about this. My prayers...

strollingbonez
10-09-2013, 06:00 AM
omg country boy...i am so sorry ....please understand my flippant post to willow was just that....she is an old friend and i tease her a lot about stumpy her little jack russel...he was expelled from obedience school the first time..i am sorry

strollingbonez
10-09-2013, 06:05 AM
Yes, it was a pit.

there is such a thin line between the protector dog and the killer dog...i have a doberman and have had dobies for a long time...we battle their image a lot...their brains continue to grow and pressure against their skulls and they will turn on you...(that is such a myth) i still dont leave them around little ones...they are just too big and can hurt a child by knocking it down...and i firmly believe thor will not bite unless threatened...

strollingbonez
10-09-2013, 06:06 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2237532/Pet-Jack-Russell-killed-day-old-boy-escaped-stair-gate-attack-child.html

strollingbonez
10-09-2013, 06:29 AM
it took some work and i dont trust the source on the story above but it will send willow into space.....