PDA

View Full Version : US Citizens Not Being Allowed to Leave Egypt.....

MMC
01-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Sam LaHood, the son of U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood and the head of the International Republican Institute's (IRI) Cairo office, was blocked from departing Egypt earlier this week. He, along with a dozen other American NGO colleagues, have been placed on an Egyptian "no-fly" list, officials with IRI told Yahoo News Thursday.
President Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, Deputy Secretary of State Bill Burns, and Senator John McCain (R-Arizona), the chairman of IRI, "have all been calling, they have all had very honest conversations with Egyptian leaders," Craner said. "And not only is nothing getting better, things are getting worse."

"We are all scratching our heads over here," Craner continued. "I did two tours at State and one at the NSC. If the president called someone, something gets worked out."

The White House and State Department acknowledged ongoing efforts to try to resolve the matter.

"Several US citizens have been questioned by judges in connection with the Egyptian government's investigation of NGOs and are currently restricted from leaving Egypt," a State Department official told Yahoo News Thursday. "We are working with the Government of Egypt to lift the travel restrictions and allow these individuals to come home as quickly as possible.

Last month, Egyptian police raided (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/egypt-raids-17-ngos-165540605.html) the Cairo offices of IRI and several other NGOs, including the U.S.-based National Democratic Institute and Freedom House, confiscating records and computers. The raids were ordered by the Egyptian prosecutors' office, which is purportedly investigating alleged foreign funding of NGOs operating in the country.

Middle East analysts note the irony of Egyptian prosecutors investigating whether the NGOs receive foreign funding, given the fact the U.S. government gives billions of dollars in military aid to Egypt. Other NGO officials suggested the problem is that the groups were not properly registered in Egypt, though IRI had been officially invited to send international monitors to observe Egypt's recent parliament elections.....snip~

Egypt.....Arab Spring, Democracy, attacks on women, attacks on foreign women reporters. US women journalists, raid US NGO offices both Democratic and Repulican NGO's. Take equipment and records and now are preventing US Citizens from leaving Egypt.

Taking a Call from the President of the US and Doing Nothing!!!!! How much more does Obama need to be shown that the MB could not be trusted. That the Egyptians Military could not be trusted. Think others around Egypt are not taking notice of this. Dangling the S.O.S. and the S.O.D. is one thing. But to Put the our Presdient on hold after he has made a call telling them hey, let my people go. Egypt is nothing more than one big FAILURE!

So they haven't taken our Embassy.......but they will hold our people and take our records and equipment. Refuse to let them go. Sure sounds like Prisoners to me.....and taken by an alleged ally!!!!!

Conley
01-26-2012, 03:43 PM
I was just going to post this story - you beat me to it MMC. At least this time I didn't start a new thread without checking the old ones first. :grin:

On the subject, this is some serious BS. I don't know what Egypt thinks they're doing but this is completely unacceptable. The good news is that it may finally mean the end of our foreign aid to that country. Hopefully Obama and the rest of the idiots who supported the Arab Spring without realizing the ramifications of their actions will learn from their mistakes and realize this was a very foolish move and not one to be repeated.

MMC
01-26-2012, 04:56 PM
I was just going to post this story - you beat me to it MMC. At least this time I didn't start a new thread without checking the old ones first. :grin:

On the subject, this is some serious BS. I don't know what Egypt thinks they're doing but this is completely unacceptable. The good news is that it may finally mean the end of our foreign aid to that country. Hopefully Obama and the rest of the idiots who supported the Arab Spring without realizing the ramifications of their actions will learn from their mistakes and realize this was a very foolish move and not one to be repeated.

Yeah.....and looking at Yemen still going after giving Amnesty to Selah and the Sunni there. Then you would think we would shut-up with Assad and Syria. Knowing the MB are leading that Revolution and civil war too. This compromises all our people anywheres else in the ME. Other Arabs will now see they can do the same thing. Regardless if they get aid or not.

Where is Johnny Quest McCain and being vocal now about this bullshit? You can bet ypour azz if Bush was in Office he wouldnt be havin it.....at all. Attack a Republican NGO that assists in giving Egyptians 1.3 billion dollars. Sorry.....Give them nothing!
This has weakened us and Our Media Should be all over it. Especially CNN and what's happened to their people when going there. The President should be answering these Questions and being a whole lot more vocal other than we are working on it. Shouldnt travel bans be put up letting Egypt know we are stopping anymore of our people from going over there. Calling home those who work there and start gettting our people out of the Embassy before they go after that too.

MMC
01-28-2012, 02:11 AM
Another week and Obama says nothing as he pushes his College Policy and Campaigning. 2 more days and our Media is saying nothing. Yet Egyptian Police can interrogate our people? WTF!!!!!
Why hasnt Obama summoned forth the Egyptian Ambassador? Where is that useless piece of shit Susan Rice the US Ambassdor to the UN. She has a big mouth when it comes to defending the Sunni and Darfur, humanitarian rights. Where is her azz now to defend American Rights with the Egyptians.

This cannot go on. Someone needs to be vocalizing this bullshit. Calling the Egyptians out. Our Presidnet should be on the phone telling these jerkoffs either let my people go......or I come for that Egyptian azz. Be real straight forward with the lames. It is time to push the envelope with these Egyptians. Moreover the message should be given to the MB. We ARE Watching You!!!!!

MMC
01-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Anyword on our Fearless Leader coming down on the Egyptians Yet? No Statements were released? :angry: