PDA

View Full Version : I'm back everyone

Mr. Burns
01-26-2012, 04:57 PM
After a long hiatus, I finally returned to the flock. Not sure if anyone remembers me, but hey, just thought I'd announce it.

Conley
01-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Welcome back Mr. Burns!

I do remember the name. :grin:

Mr. Burns
01-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Well, it is nearing election time, and I felt like having a good old chat about politics.

Conley
01-26-2012, 05:10 PM
No doubt. Things are definitely picking up politically and there's yet another Republican debate tonight.

We had someone join a while back with a picture of Mr. Burns as the avatar which I thought might be you but it was just some weirdo. :laugh:

Mr. Burns
01-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Damn, he must have been jealous. And oh yeah, I do remember there was a debate tonight. I don't know if I can watch. I just get too depressed. Somewhere along the line I became very disillusioned with conservatism. And liberalism.

Conley
01-26-2012, 05:17 PM
I think I know what you mean. It is upsetting for sure...I am more disenchanted with the process and the politicians than I am with the ideals of conservatism and liberalism.

I think each has merit but they are perverted by our current representatives in Washington DC, who are really only about money and power. Some of that is human nature, but I also think that our system has some festering problems which have grown larger over the years and are now wreaking havoc. The reasonable and principled politicians get kicked to the side and those who are willing to sell themselves end up at the highest levels.

Mr. Burns
01-26-2012, 05:21 PM
That is true. There aren't too many decent human beings in politics. And I feel as though I fall somewhere in between conservatism and liberalism, as defined by our political parties. I hate to be a fence sitter, but it's as if you have to wholeheartedly subscribe to one side or the other. What if I'm socially liberal and fiscally conservative? Then fuck you, that's why. Have fun wasting your vote on an Independent or Libertarian :p

Conley
01-26-2012, 05:24 PM
That is true. There aren't too many decent human beings in politics. And I feel as though I fall somewhere in between conservatism and liberalism, as defined by our political parties. I hate to be a fence sitter, but it's as if you have to wholeheartedly subscribe to one side or the other. What if I'm socially liberal and fiscally conservative? Then fuck you, that's why. Have fun wasting your vote on an Independent or Libertarian :p

:rofl:

Yeah, I'm going to be one of those wasting my vote again this election. I refuse to sit it out and there is no way I'm going to vote for Obama/Romney/Gingrich. I consider myself socially liberal and fiscally conservative and used to think there were some prominent Republicans who believed the same. No longer. They seem as intent on growing the Federal Government as do the Dems. I can hardly tell the difference any more.

MMC
01-26-2012, 05:25 PM
Greetings Mr Burns.....Welcome back and to the Political Forums of the Rant. :yo2:

MMC
01-26-2012, 05:28 PM
:rofl:

Yeah, I'm going to be one of those wasting my vote again this election. I refuse to sit it out and there is no way I'm going to vote for Obama/Romney/Gingrich. I consider myself socially liberal and fiscally conservative and used to think there were some prominent Republicans who believed the same. No longer. They seem as intent on growing the Federal Government as do the Dems. I can hardly tell the difference any more.

Well truthfully their Name is the Democratic Republican National Party.....Democrats that is. Just sayin! :wink:

Mr. Burns
01-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Haha, fair point. But for real, I just can't do it. Being moderate is political suicide nowadays. Not to mention that the Republicans seem to be focused on social issues more than the economy or the war in the middle east more than anything.

Conley
01-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Haha, fair point. But for real, I just can't do it. Being moderate is political suicide nowadays. Not to mention that the Republicans seem to be focused on social issues more than the economy or the war in the middle east more than anything.

This is true and I just don't get it. There are bigger fish to fry as the saying goes.

MMC
01-26-2012, 05:41 PM
This is true and I just don't get it. There are bigger fish to fry as the saying goes.

I call those fish.....Conservatives! :wink:

Mr. Burns
01-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Liberals have their issues to. But we all know who is going to be running for the dems.

Conley
01-26-2012, 05:44 PM
I mean, the only reasons I'd vote for any of those scumbags is because they'd downsize government/balance the national debt. But everyone seems to be more concerned with teaching creationism in school and caring what people do with their genitals than that.

Hahaha, classic and very true.

My hope is that Rand Paul picks up steam and makes a run in 2016 because I don't think Obama is going to lose to either of these guys so we're stuck for another four years. I think Paul might be the only national contender who shares the same concern you and I do (his Dad does too, but he's gotten too old for this shit).

Conley
01-26-2012, 05:45 PM
I call those fish.....Conservatives! :wink:

Fried fish is delicious. :grin:

Mr. Burns
01-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Poor Ron. If only you believed in separation of church and state.

Conley
01-26-2012, 05:56 PM
I'll be interested to see who wins the Libertarian nomination this time around. The most recent convention was a disaster - not sure how they could have chosen a worse candidate than Bob "War on Drugs" Barr.

Mr. Burns
01-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Libertarians believe in loosening the drug policy. Oh dear, this is dismal.

Mister D
01-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Welcome back, Mr. Burns. I remember you.

Conley
01-27-2012, 10:32 AM

This might make you feel better about Ron (when asked how his religious beliefs would affect his political decisions):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV68z29OZu4

Mister D
01-27-2012, 11:07 AM

he doesn't?

Conley
01-27-2012, 11:16 AM
I believe he does.

Mister D
01-27-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm not sure what prompted that comment?

Captain Obvious
01-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Hey - Mr. Burns is back, welcome. Nice to see ya back.