PDA

View Full Version : 62 year old transgender woman denied free momogram.

roadmaster
10-18-2013, 02:17 AM
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/health/womens-health/62-year-old-transgender-woman-jennifer-blair-suing-after-being-denied-free?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+opposingviews%2Fmain+(Opposin g+Views+-+Issues%2C+Experts%2C+Answers)#

Still, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), who funds the Women’s Wellness Connection program, says that it only covers clients who are “genetically female.” Do you think he/she is qualified to get a free one?

GrassrootsConservative
10-18-2013, 02:50 AM
Nope. If he can afford a sex change he can afford a breast exam.

Let those free ones go to women who truly need them.

Should have thought about it before he had the surgery. Maybe someone can learn something from his story.

/Edit:

Blair says that she is suing so that other transgender women (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/15/1247541/-Colorado-transsexual-woman-denied-breast-cancer-screening-by-Planned-Parenthood) don’t have to go through what she went through.

Yeah. Or he can just accept the bad choice he made and choose to become a public speaker to discuss this issue with gays contemplating surgery, so that other people don't have to go through what he went through.

roadmaster
10-18-2013, 03:35 AM
“genetically female.” He knew he didn't qualify because he wasn't born that way. Do men get breast cancer yes but it's rare compared to females but PP doesn't see men. Planned Parenthood said only genetically females so he is pushing their rules and these are important to real woman. Most first timers have false readings that have to go back and get an ultrasound to be sure. Yes he knew complications may come up but now he want's them to make an exception just for him and like others like him. Is it worth going to court because the cost is low no but it just may be another way to push their agenda towards others and criticize their practices to make special rules for them only. A regular guy cannot go and get one there. Challenging everything seems to be their purpose.

Cigar
10-18-2013, 06:46 AM
Please tell me this is not another Fox News Fuck Up :geez:

sky dancer
10-18-2013, 07:24 PM
Nope. If he can afford a sex change he can afford a breast exam.

Let those free ones go to women who truly need them.

Should have thought about it before he had the surgery. Maybe someone can learn something from his story.

/Edit:

Yeah. Or he can just accept the bad choice he made and choose to become a public speaker to discuss this issue with gays contemplating surgery, so that other people don't have to go through what he went through.

First of all, the ignorance in this post is vast. WTF are you talking about "gays" contemplating surgery. "Gays" are not transgender people.

I think your attitude toward LGBT is off, and you seek to punish this woman for being transgender. That's too bad, IMO.

Kabuki Joe
10-18-2013, 09:55 PM
First of all, the ignorance in this post is vast. WTF are you talking about "gays" contemplating surgery. "Gays" are not transgender people.

I think your attitude toward LGBT is off, and you seek to punish this woman for being transgender. That's too bad, IMO.

...well then, why punish a pedo because "they are what they are"???????...

countryboy
10-18-2013, 10:20 PM
There's no such thing as "transgender".

Alyosha
10-19-2013, 08:33 AM
First of all, I hate "transgender" coming up because people always gotta be mean about it. I don't care if it is a "mental illness" or if it is "dystopia". Adults have every right to have cosmetic surgery to look any way they wish to look. If it makes you feel good and you hurt no one else... do it--as long as it is your money paying for it.

My personal feelings is that gender is a social construct and that this needs further scientific study--hard sciences involving neurology, etc.

Be that as it may, when in doubt err on kindness, but with pragmatism. If this mammogram was free with no caveat I say let transgender women have free mammograms. Men do get breast cancer, albeit rarely, and the type of estrogen given to individuals to transition them could possibly lead to breast cancer, although I'll admit to extrapolation.

This one is free for genetic women, probably because new studies on breast cancer say that some biological women have genetics which trend towards the development of cancer. So if your mother or grandmother had it, you may have it. The males in your family will not have it. The transgender female was a biological male and would not pull from his mother and grandmother.

roadmaster
10-19-2013, 11:48 AM
This one is free for genetic women, probably because new studies on breast cancer say that some biological women have genetics which trend towards the development of cancer. So if your mother or grandmother had it, you may have it. The males in your family will not have it. The transgender female was a biological male and would not pull from his mother and grandmother. Correct even if I fell in a low income category I probably wouldn't be eligible because this is not something that is in my family history. Doesn't mean I can't get it but the ones who do have a family history should be the ones benefiting from this.

GrassrootsConservative
10-19-2013, 02:13 PM

sky dancer where did I say gays were transgender people? Where do you get this idea that I want to punish anyone? Are you just making those up?

There is no ignorance in my post. I don't post ignorance. Especially vast ignorance.

And don't ever attack me like that again.

waltky
05-06-2016, 02:44 AM
India cashin' in on transgender operations...
:wink:
Sex-change surgery: India's new line in budget medical tourism
May 6, 2016 - After decades of battling depression, former soldier Betty Ann Archer finally flew to New Delhi to complete her gender transition, one of a growing number of foreigners heading to India for budget sex-change operations.

Born Dale Archer, the 64-year-old American said she felt trapped in the wrong body right from the start, recalling secretly trying on her mother's dresses as a boy -- much to the horror of her conservative military father. "I attempted to kill myself twice... I didn't like myself. I didn't like my body at all. I couldn't be myself," said Archer, who is from Arizona. "I became very ill in 2011 and almost died," she said, wearing a bright blue sari and ornate Indian jewellery that she bought after her gender reassignment surgery in Delhi. "While I was recovering I came to the conclusion that I had to transition or die."

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/2SrzsCHOf4yOEB1Hxb9mcw--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9MTAyNDtoPTY4MjtpbD 1wbGFuZQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/afp.com/05619ae2e115c3e6003f11093874749affd31139.jpg

A small but steadily increasing number of transgenders are travelling to socially conservative India for such procedures, which are cheaper than those in their homelands and with no waiting lists, according to industry experts. Some are even choosing India, which has traditionally shunned its own transgender community, over leading sex-change destination Thailand which is regarded as more accepting on this issue.

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/WvoLzgXgoiFoNVMKA_GWZA--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9MTAyNDtoPTY5NztpbD 1wbGFuZQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/afp.com/67f9b148a344274daf0aac053b3344285b9a4795.jpg

In November, Archer found herself at the Olmec Centre nestled in a northern Delhi neighbourhood, which she picked over clinics in Thailand which she felt were "just a bit too expensive". "This is affordable. This is an option that some transgender people can look at and not have to kill themselves because they can't afford it," said Archer, who paid about $6,000, a fifth of the price back home, and said India's conservative views on transgenders had not been an issue when deciding to come.

- Shopping trips - (https://www.yahoo.com/news/sex-change-surgery-indias-line-budget-medical-tourism-042541857.html?ref=gs)

Cletus
05-06-2016, 06:51 AM

He is not a woman.

Captain Obvious
05-06-2016, 11:55 AM
lawl

TheInternet
05-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Wow. Unreal. This asshole just wants free $ and his 15 minutes of fame. What an idiot.