PDA

View Full Version : Death Threat Against Ted Cruz

Alyosha
10-19-2013, 03:45 PM
This is a product of the media scaring everyone to death with this shutdown. Seriously. This is exactly what happens when we demonize the opposing party.

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/death-threats-ted-cruz-freedomworks-heritage-action-investigated/#axzz2i60zBGeR

Reports of Online Death Threats Aimed at Ted Cruz & Others http://i2.wp.com/thelibertarianrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/gilmore.jpg?resize=300%2C225Photo of Gilmore from his social media accounts

An Internet user by the name of Troy Gilmore Jr. (Twitter handle @ArmyVet54) called for Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) to be attackeed, saying that he, “needs to be taken out the F*cker [sic] and Heritage Action Grp, Freedom Way [sic] and all Tea party b*stards they caused this. He also stated that Cruz, “needs tobe [sic] taught a street wise [sic] lesson”.
The man has also posted Cruz’s home address several times this month, calling for him to be attacked there.

On October 14th, he posted, ““I WILL SAY IT AGAIN LET’S GO TO TED CRUZ,HOME AND KICK HIS STINKING ASS FOR CAUSING THIS MESS.YOU CAN BET HE HAS HIS PAYCHECK AND HEALTH BENEFITS FROM THE SENATE AND CANADA. HE LIVES AT #### (street address),HOUSTON TEXAS #####,UNIT####, THE FUCKING SCUM.”

Cruz’s spokesman, said (http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/329397-authorities-looking-into-threat-against-sen-ted-cruz), “We’re aware of it and have alerted the proper authorities.” Capitol Police Officer Shennell Antrobus confirmed and stated, “We are looking into that matter.”

Two men have been arrested and sentenced to prison this year for threatening Obama over Twitter.

Read more at TLR: Death Threats to Ted Cruz, FreedomWorks and Heritage Action being investigated | The Libertarian Republic (http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/death-threats-ted-cruz-freedomworks-heritage-action-investigated/#ixzz2iCdXVc20) http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/death-threats-ted-cruz-freedomworks-heritage-action-investigated/#ixzz2iCdXVc20
Follow us: @LibRepublic on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=dPEIq8kRGr479bacwqm_6l&u=LibRepublic) | LibertarianRepublic on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=dPEIq8kRGr479bacwqm_6l&u=LibertarianRepublic)

Mister D
10-19-2013, 03:47 PM
See the hysterical rhetoric on this forum. While repulsed, I'm not at all surprised.

Alyosha
10-19-2013, 03:49 PM
We are inundated with media, on TV, internet, our phones now and it's all doom and gloom. You would have thought Armageddon had happened instead of just a few weeks of delay in non-essential employees.

This poor man probably couldn't help it.

roadmaster
10-19-2013, 03:50 PM
They should arrest him for the threats.

GrassrootsConservative
10-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Liberal hate has no limitations.

Alyosha
10-19-2013, 03:53 PM
I guess...I don't think he would have done it though or the people threatening Obama. My point is that our rhetoric on BOTH SIDES are making average people fucking nuts.

The media needs to own this shit and just stop it. Every "nasty" partisan line we've heard on here was said by media pundits first.

GrassrootsConservative
10-19-2013, 04:00 PM
I guess...I don't think he would have done it though or the people threatening Obama. My point is that our rhetoric on BOTH SIDES are making average people fucking nuts.

The media needs to own this shit and just stop it. Every "nasty" partisan line we've heard on here was said by media pundits first.

No, but if he's telling people on the internet to, then who knows what kind of crazies might go through with it.

What if a really fucked-in-the-head person like the Arizona shooter who shot GG reads this crap?

roadmaster
10-19-2013, 04:05 PM

Threats are one thing but giving out address and telling others to is different.

Cthulhu
10-19-2013, 04:19 PM
All is fair in love and war. Politics is no different. Both sides will stoop to new lows to achieve their ends. But the moment the peasants adopt this code of behavior they are black bagged without delay.

If people want to see more of this, they need only continue with business as usual.

I personally am losing my stomach for politics. Nothing changes, well, nothing changes for the better. We are set at one anothers throats because many allow their tender impressionable minds to be governed by whatever talking head speaks on the radio, television, or the internet. We allow this corrupted false reality to take place of the actual one we live in.

When people believe that orcs are here and they want to oppress, or kill or whatever...it really doesn't matter if there are orcs at all. Their perception is all that matters so they behave accordingly.

People are naturally obedient, some more than others. And they are only fulfilling the dictates of the supposed ruling class. While this does not excuse them for being drones, it is a reality everyone has to deal with.

It's a nightmare. It's why my wife and I limit the amount of media our kids get to watch. I don't want my kids to have the same flawed thinking growing up. I don't want them to live the way I had to live.

If you really want to see this kind of garbage die down. Go home, make a pie, and give it to someone you don't even like. Sit down and have a conversation. Try to get to know them on a personal level. Most people, when they actually have a rapport with another, are less inclined to do evil towards them. And with your good gesture, their day may be lightened and perhaps they might be less of a prick than they were before you stopped to visit with them.

Lather, rinse, repeat, and if it has been done to you? Pay it forward, don't let it stop with you.

Green Arrow
10-19-2013, 04:39 PM
No snarky quips from our resident Democrat sycophants?

Telling.

Alyosha
10-19-2013, 04:45 PM

Telling.

Well, what could they say?

Mister D
10-19-2013, 04:47 PM

Racist, sexist, misogynist, extremist, "cuckoo" etc.

Cthulhu
10-19-2013, 05:10 PM
It's a nightmare. It's why my wife and I limit the amount of media our kids get to watch. I don't want my kids to have the same flawed thinking growing up. I don't want them to live the way I had to live.

A problem identified.

If you really want to see this kind of garbage die down. Go home, make a pie, and give it to someone you don't even like. Sit down and have a conversation. Try to get to know them on a personal level. Most people, when they actually have a rapport with another, are less inclined to do evil towards them. And with your good gesture, their day may be lightened and perhaps they might be less of a prick than they were before you stopped to visit with them.

Lather, rinse, repeat, and if it has been done to you? Pay it forward, don't let it stop with you.

A potential solution to the aforementioned problem.

Telling.

Racist, sexist, misogynist, extremist, "cuckoo" etc.

A list of people who like the solution, but are still busy being part of the problem.

Don't get me wrong, I like you guys. But kicking someone when they are down does not foster anything remotely like goodwill.

While we can have forum wars I suppose, what does it yield? Further division and spite - effectively halting meaningful discourse between opposing views. Now obviously I understand some people are just write offs to insanity - I get that. But this Us vs. Them thing doesn't do anything aside from clutter up the board with digital fecal matter.

I come here to learn, to read, to let the valid and interesting thoughts impress themselves upon my brain so I can ponder them. Each of you...even the trolls - albeit much less so, have something to add to life. Yet the bulk of the time is spent hawk sniping each other.

Don't take this as a rebuke, it's not. Because if it were, I'd have to reserve the harshest judgment for myself - I am an exquisite sort of asshole when I choose to be. It is an observation of behavior. And a plea to have something different.

Mr. Freeze
10-19-2013, 05:43 PM
A list of people who like the solution, but are still busy being part of the problem.

I am the first person to gently tell my sister when she is being wrong, like she was yesterday, but I see no over-the-top rhetoric in this thread. Pointing out the problem is not being part of the problem.

If I love someone I want them to do better and be better so I have a duty to tell them when they are doing and acting wrongly. I fully ask and expect others who care about me to do the same for me.

Sometimes this manifests directly, where people would call out specific names and state where they contribute to the problem and sometimes it manifest is passive-aggressively as you pointed out in your post.

The fact remains that this gentleman while clearly wrong is also a victim of hate. Remove the hate. Remove the hateful rhetoric. Criticize his actions, not him. Show him compassion and mercy.

Many of the people my sister is angry with deserve her compassion because they are stuck in a system, and whether they know it or not, they too are victims of that system. They deserve her pity, not her snark. However, she is not Jesus, she is not the Buddha, she is not a "teacher" but an avowed student. I give compassion to her, as well.

Cthulhu
10-19-2013, 06:09 PM
I am the first person to gently tell my sister when she is being wrong, like she was yesterday, but I see no over-the-top rhetoric in this thread. Pointing out the problem is not being part of the problem.

If I love someone I want them to do better and be better so I have a duty to tell them when they are doing and acting wrongly. I fully ask and expect others who care about me to do the same for me.

Sometimes this manifests directly, where people would call out specific names and state where they contribute to the problem and sometimes it manifest is passive-aggressively as you pointed out in your post.

The fact remains that this gentleman while clearly wrong is also a victim of hate. Remove the hate. Remove the hateful rhetoric. Criticize his actions, not him. Show him compassion and mercy.

Many of the people my sister is angry with deserve her compassion because they are stuck in a system, and whether they know it or not, they too are victims of that system. They deserve her pity, not her snark. However, she is not Jesus, she is not the Buddha, she is not a "teacher" but an avowed student. I give compassion to her, as well.

...so we agree then? Because I am not finding anything to dispute here.

Mr. Freeze
10-19-2013, 06:13 PM
...so we agree then? Because I am not finding anything to dispute here.

Only that pointing out that there is a problem is not being a part of the problem. Hateful rhetoric was not used. When Green Arrow and Alyosha stated that there was deafening silence from certain members that is not contributing to the problem. It is a statement of fact.

I have no problem telling my sister when she is being "eta sooka" but I likewise will defend her when she is not.

Chris
10-19-2013, 06:15 PM
See the hysterical rhetoric on this forum. While repulsed, I'm not at all surprised.

They're mere mindless repeaters.

Cthulhu
10-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Only that pointing out that there is a problem is not being a part of the problem. Hateful rhetoric was not used. When @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868) and @Alyosha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=863) stated that there was deafening silence from certain members that is not contributing to the problem. It is a statement of fact.

I have no problem telling my sister when she is being "eta sooka" but I likewise will defend her when she is not.

Ah...I see.

Thing is that those facts were apparent to all who viewed the thread. We all knew there would be crickets in response.

So why bring up the point of it if not the stealthily jeer at the other side? It may be a fact, but a fact presented in an insulting way remains an insult that just happens to be a fact at the time. Regardless of how veiled it may be.

Presentation is 9/10 of the message in my experience.

Chris
10-19-2013, 06:18 PM
The NYT author of this piece seems surprised, it's just got to be that old red state/blue state divide. Mr. Patrick gets it.

Texans Stick With Cruz Despite Defeat in Washington (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/19/us/politics/texans-stick-with-cruz-despite-defeat-in-washington.html?hp&_r=0)

Drivers speeding down a busy highway about 70 miles outside Houston have been greeted with two blunt messages that Bruce Labay put up at his oil field services business. One declared that Mr. Labay was tired of softhearted Republicans, though he used a more colorful adjective. The other read, “We Need More Republicans Like Ted Cruz.”

Mr. Labay, 55, made his signs by sticking 1,200 plastic foam cups, one by one, into the loops of his chain-link fence, a 90-minute project that filled much of the fencing around BL Oilfield Services in the town of El Campo.

“I was proud of him,” Mr. Labay said of the state’s junior senator. “I was proud he was a Texan. I wish they would have held firm, and we’d still be shut down.”

Home states and districts are usually loyal to their senators and representatives in times of political crisis. But the continued support for Mr. Cruz among Texas Republicans illustrates something larger: the cultural and political divide that continues to widen between a red state that President Obama lost by nearly 16 points in the 2012 election and the blue or even purple parts of the country where Mr. Cruz’s tone and tactics have caused outrage and consternation.

“Texas likes a fighter,” Mr. Patrick said. “He’s only been there 10 months, but he’s proven to be a fighter. If our party doesn’t lead as a bold conservative party, then we will disappear as a party.”

zelmo1234
10-19-2013, 09:56 PM

George Bush Made him do it :)

Ravi
10-20-2013, 04:50 AM

Wait, the guy is a vet how can he possibly be a liberal??? Your memes are colliding.

Also, the guy is an idiot but what he posted wasn't a death threat. There is a difference.

Most nasty partisan lines originate from politicians.

Alyosha
10-20-2013, 07:39 AM
Wait, the guy is a vet how can he possibly be a liberal??? Your memes are colliding.

Do you know what a meme is?

Also, the guy is an idiot but what he posted wasn't a death threat. There is a difference.

They do and we shouldn't use them is the point.

Agravan
10-20-2013, 08:20 AM

Where did you ever hear anyone say ALL vets were conservative? Most, but not all.. Take midcan for example...

Codename Section
10-20-2013, 09:06 AM

He's also Vietnam age where people got drafted.

What do you call what he said?

And are repeated on this forum.

roadmaster
10-21-2013, 03:36 PM
He's also Vietnam age where people got drafted.
Exactly and saying all vets are not libs. Guess that's why they want an atheist person instead of a Chaplin. Don't understand that statement at all.