PDA

View Full Version : Arnold Schwarzenegger Good for the GOP or Not.....

MMC
07-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Schwartzenegger is he good for the GOP or Not? Did he accomplish anything in Californiafication Land? Were there any accomplishments under his reign as Governor? Can he be anything more but a Cheerleader now Like Palin?

Conley
07-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Schwartzenegger is he good for the GOP or Not? Did he accomplish anything in Californiafication Land? Were there any accomplishments under his reign as Governor? Can he be anything more but a Cheerleader now Like Palin?

He helped the GOP a lot when he provided the death hammer to Gray Davis's career. California didn't really improve under his watch, but this state is basically fucked anyhow so...can't blame him too much. I think when he rode into office on a surge of popularity he absolutely helped the GOP -- he was a new face and made the party more connected to middle aged and younger America. I don't think he has much of a career ahead of him in politics, the baby scandal doesn't help, but I could see him in a Palin type role. He likes to follow the money as well.

Mister D
07-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Arnold is a RINO or seems like it to me. :-\

Conley
07-16-2011, 09:41 AM

republican in name only?

honestly, he was almost a pino...politician in name only. he really didn't do much of anything, just gave speeches and put his thumbs up. hollow suit.

freecell
07-16-2011, 10:37 AM

republican in name only?

honestly, he was almost a pino...politician in name only. he really didn't do much of anything, just gave speeches and put his thumbs up. hollow suit.

I agree, more like a Dem.

Mister D
07-16-2011, 11:20 AM

republican in name only?

PINO :D Yeah, I understand what you mean. YOu're obviously much more familiar with CA but it seems to me that other than protecting the vested interests like unions etc. CA governors really don't do much except rack up debt.

Mister D
07-16-2011, 11:21 AM
I will say that Arnold is markedly less annoying than Jesse Ventura.

Conley
07-16-2011, 11:35 AM
I will say that Arnold is markedly less annoying than Jesse Ventura.

:D

yeah, regarding the debt i'm honestly not sure how much can be blamed on the governor. it's gotten to the point that yes, expenses increase, but so much of that is interest and new bonds on already accumulated debt. in other words, there's so much of it that it just compounds regardless of any action a governor or legislature can take (short of cutting all spending and hiking the tax rate to a ridiculous level - in other words, collapse).

MMC
07-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Yeah with this divorce coming I would say he is done with politics.....go back to acting. Shriver will just be another Hollywood Story. PINO.....I like that! >:D