PDA

View Full Version : Will domestic law enforcement paranoia turn US into a police state?

Mr. Freeze
11-01-2013, 05:30 PM
I am not trying to smack at police officers on here, just what I see to be a scary trend.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/high-tide-and-turn/2013/oct/31/will-domestic-law-enforcement-paranoia-turn-us-pol/

DALLAS, October 31, 2013 — Judging by the way the
Department of Homeland Security is spending your money, domestic unrest
may be coming soon to a city near you.

The DHS has been making purchases lately that seem to signal a
federal fear of riots across the nation in the coming months. The
obvious question is, what do they know that they American people don’t? A
more enduring and chilling question is what will be the end result of
America’s increasingly militarized police force?

PressTV
reported this morning that the DHS has stated its intentions, via the
Federal Business Opportunities website, to spend half a million dollars
on 240,000 pepper spray projectiles, 100 pepper spray launchers and 36
“riot expansion kits.”

PressTV explained,

“The
PepperBall TAC-700 pepper spray launcher ‘features full auto, semi-auto,
or 3 round burst providing up to 700 rounds per minute, and is accurate
to 60 feet with area saturation up to 150 feet.’ According to a video
demonstration, the TAC-700 has a ‘strong psychological influence’ on the
people it is being used against because it is so loud and sounds like
an automatic machine gun.”

The equipment was designed for
use in riot control situations, although the contract on the website
states that the purchases are being made for training purposes.

The recent controversy is only the latest in a string of far more
alarming incidents involving what many see as paranoid behavior on the
part of the federal agency.

In February a ruckus was caused when it came to light (http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/high-tide-and-turn/2013/feb/28/dhs-training-practice-targets-featuring-children-p/)
that the DHS was training officers with practice targets featuring
photographs of children, young mothers, pregnant women, and disabled
elderly people who were depicted as armed with handguns.

The No More Hesitation
campaign was supposedly designed to break down stereotypes associated
with generally non-threatening figures, for the purpose of saving
officers’ lives. However, judging by the ensuing outcry, the American
people seem to feel there are good and noble reasons why civilization
has erected these constraints around the lives of the young and the aged
and the vulnerable. Furthermore, they don’t want those constraints shot
down by the domestic task force that has been constructed to protect
them.

Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/high-tide-and-turn/2013/oct/31/will-domestic-law-enforcement-paranoia-turn-us-pol/#ixzz2jR40FWE0

Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bFUy1y59er4B9Macwqm_6l&u=wtcommunities)

The article goes on to discuss someone who was forcibly strip searched after a misdemeanor crime, and other ramping up of police brutality. I know my sister goes into fits of apoplexy when discussing Florence vs Board of Chosen Freeholders where the SCOTUS affirmed the police's right to strip search over traffic violations due to the fact that 911 terrorists were once in cars.

I don't blame the police. I blame Washington. I blame the DHS. I blame the fear mongering that is turning this country crazy.

We are at 80,000 SWAT raids last year. We have DHS giving police military equipment--of course they will use it. Shelter In Place laws have been interpreted to mean martial law type tactics.

This is just not good and I feel we must all do something to reverse the tides.

So if I were to start an online petition would you guys be a part of it and at least sign it? If so, how would you want it worded to is not an anarchist rant?

Thank you in advance.

~Mr. Freeze

Peter1469
11-01-2013, 07:06 PM
That is the direction we are moving.

Codename Section
11-01-2013, 07:54 PM
I'd sign it. I blame the DHS for supply people with military equipment without our rules. You don't hand a bunch of guys that type of cool shit and don't expect them to use it.

Ravi
11-02-2013, 05:37 AM
If you read something at the Washington Times the chances of it being true are about 10%

jillian
11-02-2013, 05:49 AM
If you read something at the Washington Times the chances of it being true are about 10%

you're being generous

Alyosha
11-02-2013, 09:04 AM

So Ravi, since you snarked willing to place a radio silence bet on how sure you are? I mean, you are so right about everything.

roadmaster
11-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Just look at the ones trying to keep the vets out. Didn't look like normal police wear and they got owned by the vets.

KC
11-02-2013, 10:25 PM
I am not trying to smack at police officers on here, just what I see to be a scary trend.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/high-tide-and-turn/2013/oct/31/will-domestic-law-enforcement-paranoia-turn-us-pol/

The article goes on to discuss someone who was forcibly strip searched after a misdemeanor crime, and other ramping up of police brutality. I know my sister goes into fits of apoplexy when discussing Florence vs Board of Chosen Freeholders where the SCOTUS affirmed the police's right to strip search over traffic violations due to the fact that 911 terrorists were once in cars.

I don't blame the police. I blame Washington. I blame the DHS. I blame the fear mongering that is turning this country crazy.

We are at 80,000 SWAT raids last year. We have DHS giving police military equipment--of course they will use it. Shelter In Place laws have been interpreted to mean martial law type tactics.

This is just not good and I feel we must all do something to reverse the tides.

So if I were to start an online petition would you guys be a part of it and at least sign it? If so, how would you want it worded to is not an anarchist rant?

Thank you in advance.

~Mr. Freeze

The media is partly to blame as well. Constant reporting is scaring the general population into a feeling of helplessness, so the government steps in with ever intrusive tactics.

I'd sign the petition.