PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Guilani Announces on CNN He May Run For the Presidency.....

MMC
07-17-2011, 08:42 AM
This Morning On CNN Rudy Guiliai stated he thinks he will throw his hat into the race after the Summer. that he does not believe that any of the Current Candidates can beat Obama at this point. But then stated that if he didn't run he would vote for whoever the Republican Candidate would be.

Guilani also stated that we should not default on the debt. That we should cut the corporate tax as we have the highest in the world. That the spending needs to stop. Yet he does not state what other spending he thinks the Dems should be willing to cut.

Think if Guilani jumps into the game.....he can change things up? Would this be a postive for the GOP and Republicans? Or is Guilani to liberal with his defense of programs for NY? Guilani says that marriage should be between a man and a woman and that the Republican party should step back from that issue and leave it to the states as to what to do with civil unions. That the Republicans need to get out of peoples personal lives and stay out of their bedrooms. not get side-tracked with such an issue. Thoughts?

Conley
07-17-2011, 11:04 AM
This Morning On CNN Rudy Guiliai stated he thinks he will throw his hat into the race after the Summer. that he does not believe that any of the Current Candidates can beat Obama at this point. But then stated that if he didn't run he would vote for whoever the Republican Candidate would be.

Guilani also stated that we should not default on the debt. That we should cut the corporate tax as we have the highest in the world. That the spending needs to stop. Yet he does not state what other spending he thinks the Dems should be willing to cut.

Think if Guilani jumps into the game.....he can change things up? Would this be a postive for the GOP and Republicans? Or is Guilani to liberal with his defense of programs for NY? Guilani says that marriage should be between a man and a woman and that the Republican party should step back from that issue and leave it to the states as to what to do with civil unions. That the Republicans need to get out of peoples personal lives and stay out of their bedrooms. not get side-tracked with such an issue. Thoughts?

I don't see how he would do any better this time around than last. I guess the GOP field is full of also rans who failed last time around, at least with Romney. Not a lot of exciting fresh faces this time around. I think Giuliani really ran out of money and supporters last time around, and he spent a lot of time chilling in Florida instead of campaigning. Like Fred Thompson his heart didn't seem in it. If he tries very hard he could do better than last time, but if he'd made a better effort last time I think he would have done better. Everyone is a bit tired of Rudy by this point, he can't keep squeezing mileage out of 9/11.

Mister D
07-17-2011, 11:06 AM
The economy will beat Obama. I'm not sure the GOP has a great candidate but hopefully someone can come out of the primary with enough energy. They can't just nominate a Dole or a McCain and expect to win no matter how bad things are.

Being form the area I've always liked Guiliani but I'm not sure how the social conservatives will react to his candidacy.

Conley
07-17-2011, 11:09 AM
The economy will beat Obama. I'm not sure the GOP has a great candidate but hopefully someone can come out of the primary with enough energy. They can't just nominate a Dole or a McCain and expect to win no matter how bad things are.

Being form the area I've always liked Guiliani but I'm not sure how the social conservatives will react to his candidacy.

Are you calling it now and saying Obama won't get reelected?

Conley
07-17-2011, 11:09 AM
The GOP nominee whoever it is needs to HAMMER the economy as a talking point and get all those unemployed / underemployed to vote. Not sure they will be motivated to do so though.

MMC
07-17-2011, 11:45 AM
He Needs to Hammer the economy, that unemployment has doubled with veterans to 30%. Hammer the broken promises of campaign. Yes he got Bin laden but at what cost now if we must engage the Pakis. The only thing missing from the Libyan Civil War is that Gadhafi has weapons of mass destruction. Everything is identical up to Iraq and Saddam War. Plus all now know it will take troops on the ground to flush Gadhafi out. Talk about the selling of the NYSE to Deutsche Bank and the London Stock exchange. Talk about lets not listen to EU economists and their predictions for and why they need our markets. Talk about Bernanke offering to print more money. Go after the Dems with what they have done with Chicago LA and NY. All 3 of those states. Tanking the 8th largest economy in the world. There is a host to talk about. A host of answers that can be provided.

Lets start with all politicians pay and all federal employees. Judges and life time appointments. People are not as naive as politicians believe. Whoever the GOP candidate is. Lets get some answers out there. Solutions and reign in the spending.

Mister D
07-17-2011, 11:57 AM

Are you calling it now and saying Obama won't get reelected?

Nah. Like I said, the GOP can't nominate anyone. I thin that if they do nominate someone with some life/energy they will probably beat BO. BO didn't even do that well against McCain whose candidacy and campaign was an unfunny joke

MMC
07-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Yeah just think if Johnny Quest there had went with Kay Bailey Hutchinson out of Texas.....plus wasnt she a former Governor? If She was, then Chalk that up with the Senator Experience. Might have been a different play. but having johnny Quest up there with his finger on the button. Nah.....Ill pass! You know he has shaky hands. >:D

Conley
07-17-2011, 01:03 PM
:D or Jonny Quest could have chosen Bobby Jindal to be his sidekick Hadji -- not using that as a slur, that was the character's actual name!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonny_Quest_%28TV_series%29

MMC
07-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Well guess that mean Lyndsey Graham has to be RACE Bannon.....Lieberman is the Professor. Uh oh......that Means Sarah.....is.....is......is......is that Bulldog with Lipstick and the Bandit with the booty. >:D <evil-grin>

Conley
07-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Well guess that mean Lyndsey Graham has to be RACE Bannon.....Lieberman is the Professor. Uh oh......that Means Sarah.....is.....is......is......is that Bulldog with Lipstick and the Bandit with the booty. >:D <evil-grin>

did you just play the RACE card ??? :o :D

MMC
07-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Well I was looking for a guy with WHITE HAIR.....not so much looking at SOUTH CAROLINA for any ole parti-kular reasonin.....I won't even mention that 98 percentile vote. Nope Not me.....not even in a Sarah Palin moment in time. >:D

GRUMPY
07-18-2011, 10:17 AM

rudy g is yet another irrelevant republican....if he threw his hat in the ring likely his head would still be in it....the values and traditions of this nation are the threads that comprise this once great cloth that is american society.....opposing gay marriage has nothing to do with governing ones personal life or behavior within the privacy of their own bedroom.....it is about refusing to legitimize behavior that is destructive, illegitimate and a manifestation of a personality disorder.....it would be great to leave this issue to the states but of course the people of the states are not being allowed to voice their opinions on this issue due to judicial fiat....

MMC
07-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Your right there Grumpy.....plus Rudy G explained last time McCain took most of his Donors. Which will happen again. Althought he did say that if Perry Jumped in he might just vote for his friend. Neo-Con buddy.

Mister D
07-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Only donors committed to a particular candidate will decline to support the nominee if the nominee is not their man.

Is Huckabee running again?

Conley
07-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Only donors committed to a particular candidate will decline to support the nominee if the nominee is not their man.

He announced that he would not.

"On May 14, 2011, Huckabee announced on his Fox News television show that he will not be a candidate for the GOP presidential nomination in 2012. Despite his high national poll numbers and being seen by many as the front runner, Huckabee declined to run, saying, "All the factors say 'go', but my heart says 'no'."

He would have had a chance imo...

Mister D
07-18-2011, 11:24 AM

"On May 14, 2011, Huckabee announced on his Fox News television show that he will not be a candidate for the GOP presidential nomination in 2012. Despite his high national poll numbers and being seen by many as the front runner, Huckabee declined to run, saying, "All the factors say 'go', but my heart says 'no'."

Ah, he announced it on his show. No wonder I haven't heard about it. ;)

Conley
07-18-2011, 12:35 PM

Ah, he announced it on his show. No wonder I haven't heard about it. ;)

:D burrrrrrrrrrrrrn!

Mister D
07-18-2011, 06:22 PM

.....opposing gay marriage has nothing to do with governing ones personal life or behavior within the privacy of their own bedroom.....it is about refusing to legitimize behavior that is destructive, illegitimate and a manifestation of a personality disorder.....it would be great to leave this issue to the states but of course the people of the states are not being allowed to voice their opinions on this issue due to judicial fiat....

Agreed 100%. You are a true conservative, El Grumpo.