PDA

View Full Version : Where was America's first Revolutionary battle fought?

Libhater
11-06-2013, 01:03 PM
No, it wasn't at Lexington or Concord.

In December, four months before Lexington, patriots in nearby New Hampshire made the first offensive move of the war: four hundred local militiamen stormed Fort William and Mary in Portsmouth, took down the king's colors, and carried away approximately one hundred barrels of the king's gunpowder (some of which was later put to use during the Battle of Bunker Hill). The following day, 1,000 patriots marched again on the fort, this time removing all the muskets and sixteen canon. This armed attack on a British fortress was an act of war, not merely a prelude to war.

jillian
11-06-2013, 01:04 PM
them good old days when blacks were 3/5 of a person and women couldn't vote, right, dude?

Cigar
11-06-2013, 01:06 PM
them good old days when blacks were 3/5 of a person and women couldn't vote, right, dude?

Come-on, be nice .. let them have their Memories, it's all they have. :laugh:

Captain Obvious
11-06-2013, 01:06 PM

When our forefathers fathered illegitimate children with slaves, shat in pits and wrote documents we don't yet still understand but adhere to as if it were written by God himself.

jillian
11-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Come-on, be nice .. let them have their Memories, it's all they have. :laugh:

sheesh... i never get to have any fun. :oP

Cigar
11-06-2013, 01:10 PM
When our forefathers fathered illegitimate children with slaves, shat in pits and wrote documents we don't yet still understand but adhere to as if it were written by God himself.

The Good Old Days; White Men Loved them some Dark Meat, and White Women Really Loved them some Dark Meat. :grin:

Libhater
11-06-2013, 01:33 PM

Methinks you gave dem blacks too much credit. I believe they were only considered to be 1/5th of a person. Yeah, because blacks and emotional women couldn't vote we got to witness and now live the American dream...thanks to all of our WHITE Founding Fathers. Its a darn shame that women and blacks couldn't contribute to our Constitution. If they had, what do you suppose would have changed, or what do you suppose their particular expertise would have contributed to America the Beautiful?

killianr1
11-06-2013, 01:51 PM

And founded the framework of government that allowed all to strive for the right of the individual, the equality of man, with life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Through the struggle of dealing with the same issues of that day that affected the entire world , it was America that became the shining light of freedom and success for the world.

What I don't understand when it was this system of freedom of economics which has allowed freedom of the individual, that you want to destroy it and mock it.

Captain Obvious
11-06-2013, 01:57 PM
And founded the framework of government that allowed all to strive for the right of the individual, the equality of man, with life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Through the struggle of dealing with the same issues of that day that affected the entire world , it was America that became the shining light of freedom and success for the world.

What I don't understand when it was this system of freedom of economics which has allowed freedom of the individual, that you want to destroy it and mock it.

Because it's outdated and ignored anyway.

Cigar
11-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Methinks you gave dem blacks too much credit. I believe they were only considered to be 1/5th of a person. Yeah, because blacks and emotional women couldn't vote we got to witness and now live the American dream...thanks to all of our WHITE Founding Fathers. Its a darn shame that women and blacks couldn't contribute to our Constitution. If they had, what do you suppose would have changed, or what do you suppose their particular expertise would have contributed to America the Beautiful?

Yep ... have a nice trip down memory lane. :laugh:

killianr1
11-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Because it's outdated and ignored anyway.

Yes I guess it is outdated......"Liberty and justice for all"

Contrails
11-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Methinks you gave dem blacks too much credit. I believe they were only considered to be 1/5th of a person.

No, it was three fifth's before the 14th amendment was passed.

Mister D
11-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Ironically, had it not been for this compromise the political clout of the southern states would have been substantially greater.

Peter1469
11-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Ironically, had it not been for this compromise the political clout of the southern states would have been substantially greater.

Right is was for counting the population to determine how many representatives a state would get in the House.

Mister D
11-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Right is was for counting the population to determine how many representatives a state would get in the House.

It amazes me that people often refer to it as if it was ideological.

Ivan88
12-02-2013, 12:34 PM
The first battle of the American Revolution was fought in the minds and hearts of the English Colonists between living peacefully with their brothers and overcoming problems, and with using violence to solve their problems.

After the war, taxes were far worse under the new USA regime than they were under the king's regime.

All we did is install our own kings, who treated us worse than King George.

On top of that the American Revolution ultimately broke up the British Empire, caused many cruel wars around the world, and ultimately ruined America putting both America and Britain under a hidden king.

We rejected Christ to be our King, so He appointed a king more to our liking to rule over us, which brings us to the many problems weighing us down today. It is all simply the Curses of the Law being applied to us.