PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Pierogi

Common
11-08-2013, 01:17 AM
I love pierogis and the frozen ones for the most part suck. I was in samsclub with my wife and like all sams they have private vendors come in and sell their products, more often starting now through the holidays.

I walk past this table and its Paulinas Pierogi and of course they have to be frozen but they were and looked homemade anyway I love potato and onion thats my favorite and my wife likes the potato spinach. We tasted samples and they were the best frozen I ever had.
One bag was 12.00 2 was 19.99 a young girl and guy were selling and the were damn nice kids. So we buy two bags spinach and onion and go to the register. At the register they charge me 8.99 for the two bags, she had put both frozen bags in one bag that had a bar code supposedly giving the discount price for buying two. Anyway I told their girl at the register, that the price was wrong, I wouldnt screw those two kids and besides it needed to be straightened out because everyone would be getting them for that price.
The cashier says thats the price I cant change it. I said call me a manager please. So i had to go through this huge rigamarole to give them an extra 11 bucks.
To finish this the manager comes checks the price and says the wrong price was obviously entered. He gives me my bags for free and tells me its on sams and I went on my way. Honestly pays off :)

roadmaster
11-12-2013, 01:26 AM
I would have to see this in a movie. Am a little tired and just isn't getting it would make me won't to stat in the car.

Common
11-12-2013, 03:31 AM
I would have to see this in a movie. Am a little tired and just isn't getting it would make me won't to stat in the car.

What are you talking about ?

Captain Obvious
11-12-2013, 08:28 AM
My wife makes perogi, one of the few thing's she cooks well.

Codename Section
11-12-2013, 08:33 AM
Alyosha and parents make great pierogis. She makes this one with fried cabbage that I could eat til I burst.

Mister D
11-12-2013, 09:59 AM
I don't work much with flour but I do like pierogis. They have fresh ones by me. I forget the brand name. I think I'll pick some up this weekend.

Common
11-13-2013, 04:06 PM
@Alyosha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=863) and parents make great pierogis. She makes this one with fried cabbage that I could eat til I burst.

Oh man I forgot about the fried cabbage pierogi I LOVE THEM havent had them in a long time, I like big pierogi's the little ones piss me off I have to use my fork to much :)

Ravi
11-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Yum! I make them with pot sticker wrappers because I'm not good with rolling out the home made dough. Everything tastes better in a dumpling :)

Common
11-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Yum! I make them with pot sticker wrappers because I'm not good with rolling out the home made dough. Everything tastes better in a dumpling :)

Dough is easy to make Ravi :)

Dr. Who
11-16-2013, 11:08 PM
I make mine with sauerkraut, mushrooms, onions and pork. Fried in onions after boiling.

Common
11-17-2013, 01:14 AM
You can make them anyway you like thats whats so great about them, who cant like pierogis just put inside what you like.

My mother in law god rest her soul. I bought her the heavy duty kitchenaid mixer with all the attachements to make it easier for her to make me Pierogis, patato pancakes, blintzes and homemade kielbasi and keiska if I spelled that right.

The Wash
11-17-2013, 11:37 AM
@Alyosha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=863) and parents make great pierogis. She makes this one with fried cabbage that I could eat til I burst.

I meant to tell you. Her mama dropped some off the other week. Don't worry. We ate them. :D

Dr. Who
11-17-2013, 12:10 PM
You can make them anyway you like thats whats so great about them, who cant like pierogis just put inside what you like.

My mother in law god rest her soul. I bought her the heavy duty kitchenaid mixer with all the attachements to make it easier for her to make me Pierogis, patato pancakes, blintzes and homemade kielbasi and keiska if I spelled that right.
Kiszka or Kishka is the way I'm used to seeing it spelled. Kiszka is the way it's spelled in Polish ("sz" being the letter combination for the "sh" sound in English). I love kiszka, but don't have any butchers or delis in my area that make them - the Polish community is on the opposite side of town and I can't be bothered making the trek. I don't think I could make them myself, at least not the ones made with blood, and I don't really like the white ones. Unfortunately some have taken to putting liver in kiszka, which to me just doesn't taste right.