11-13-2013, 10:35 PM
AWWW!!! How SWEET!!!

Is she a RagDoll, or Siamese?

fyrenza
11-13-2013, 10:39 PM
It's funny, too ~
I think about all of the things that I've "learned" from my cats :

Already breathed air is okay, for a LITTLE while,
but your NOSE must have access to Fresh Air.

I wash my face? Like cats DO!
NOT the licking my hands part,
but how they rinse themselves ~
it's amazing how much water DOESN'T spatter all over the bathroom!

I SMELL my food, before I eat it ~
surreptitiously in public; blatantly, in private.

Agravan
11-13-2013, 11:18 PM
AWWW!!! How SWEET!!!

Is she a RagDoll, or Siamese?

Her mother is a grey tabby, her father is black and looks like a Maine coons. Father and mother are littermates. I have no ideas where her markings came from. But shes beautiful to my old eyes.

fyrenza
11-13-2013, 11:34 PM
She's gorgeous to MINE, too!

And she looks like she'd be soft-fluffiness-HEAVEN to touch!

fyrenza
11-13-2013, 11:35 PM
OH! My Hattie Bratty cat :

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee57/Fyrenza/Good%20Pix/Hattie1.jpg (http://s235.photobucket.com/user/Fyrenza/media/Good%20Pix/Hattie1.jpg.html)

strollingbonez
11-14-2013, 04:45 AM
all my pics are old...i will have to update.....we iz having a hard morning for some reason thor the doberman is upset ....he was last night and wouldnt let the cats play at all...they were 7 ft away from him but he shut it down....he is already fussing at them today....o its cold and he hates the cold...i think he is just envious of the little people in their cheap fur coats

fyrenza
11-14-2013, 04:48 AM
Try a baby aspirin in a hot dog ~ he may have arthritis, and there is NOTHING better for bone pain.

If you have such available, you could alternately offer him a willow branch, and let him dose himself.

strollingbonez
11-14-2013, 04:51 AM
he takes stuff now for his joints...he has had a knee replaced or braced.....so i know he is in pain when its cold...i have dermaxx for that...he is in doors...only goes out long enough to do what he needs to do...he just hates when the cats are rowdy...o hell and if the cats fight...he goes nutzo on them...

fyrenza
11-14-2013, 04:56 AM
He's GROUCHY ~ Gotcha! lol

oceanloverOH
11-14-2013, 09:34 AM
I love sweet fuzzy little kitties! Jelly-girl and Hattie Brattie are both beautiful! My love of my life (before my little Shih Tzu Jake was born), was my lovely little Livvie; my Birman kitty (I think I've probably posted about before). She was the most loving, kissable, sweet-tempered, purringest cat ever. It demolished me to have to put her to sleep at age 18, 5 years ago, because she was suffering horribly with rectal cancer. Though I adore my Jake, it's a "different" love than what I felt for Livvie, somehow. Not a day goes by that I don't still think of her and tear up with missing her. RIP, baby girl.

Agravan
11-14-2013, 12:13 PM
OH! My Hattie Bratty cat :

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee57/Fyrenza/Good Pix/Hattie1.jpg (http://s235.photobucket.com/user/Fyrenza/media/Good Pix/Hattie1.jpg.html)

She's a beauty. What breed is she?

Agravan
11-14-2013, 12:15 PM
I love sweet fuzzy little kitties! Jelly-girl and Hattie Brattie are both beautiful! My love of my life (before my little Shih Tzu Jake was born), was my lovely little Livvie; my Birman kitty (I think I've probably posted about before). She was the most loving, kissable, sweet-tempered, purringest cat ever. It demolished me to have to put her to sleep at age 18, 5 years ago, because she was suffering horribly with rectal cancer. Though I adore my Jake, it's a "different" love than what I felt for Livvie, somehow. Not a day goes by that I don't still think of her and tear up with missing her. RIP, baby girl.

She's beautiful, Ocean. I'm so sorry for your loss. My Jelly-baby is 6 years old, so hopefully I'll have her around for a while. They kinda grow on you, don't they? They just grab ahold of your heart with those tiny little claws and let you know in no uncertain terms that you belong to them. :)

oceanloverOH
11-14-2013, 02:43 PM
She's beautiful, Ocean. I'm so sorry for your loss. My Jelly-baby is 6 years old, so hopefully I'll have her around for a while. They kinda grow on you, don't they? They just grab ahold of your heart with those tiny little claws and let you know in no uncertain terms that you belong to them. :)

Thanks, Agravan. That's the downside to adopting and falling in love with a furbaby....they leave us too soon (though 18 years was a pretty long, good relationship). I'll see her again; she's waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge.

The Xl
11-14-2013, 02:44 PM
I have a fat black and white cat who's still alive and kicking at 13 with no sign of slowing down. I hope he's one of those anomalies that lives 20+ years

oceanloverOH
11-14-2013, 02:46 PM
I have a fat black and white cat who's still alive and kicking at 13 with no sign of slowing down. I hope he's one of those anomalies that lives 20+ years

I hope so too, The Xl!

The Xl
11-14-2013, 02:50 PM
I hope so too, @The Xl (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=865)!

Thanks.

He's pretty fat, like 20 lbs, but I think that's the reason he hasn't had health problems. He's well fed and healthy, perhaps too well fed. Regardless, a lot of cats are skinny and undernourished, and that could be a reason they get health problems around 10.

Agravan
11-14-2013, 03:11 PM

from your lips to God's ears...

jillian
11-14-2013, 03:15 PM

i used to have a russian blue and an abbyssinian. loved my girls. the blue lived to 17... the abbyssinan to about a year later. awesome buddies.

oceanloverOH
11-14-2013, 03:18 PM
i used to have a russian blue and an abbyssinian. loved my girls. the blue lived to 17... the abbyssinan to about a year later. awesome buddies.

Oh, I adore Russian Blues! Next to Birmans, they're one of the prettiest breed of cat there is. Do you have any pics?

Matty
11-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Thanks, @Agravan (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=351). That's the downside to adopting and falling in love with a furbaby....they leave us too soon (though 18 years was a pretty long, good relationship). I'll see her again; she's waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge.

I love the story of the rainbow bridge. We cremated our best friend Buster Dog. They returned his remains with this poem.

Matty
11-15-2013, 08:54 AM

Here's my baby and no I haven't made the bed yet.

oceanloverOH
11-15-2013, 09:07 AM

LOL, cats adore unmade beds that they can squiggle down into the covers and make a "nest"! What's your kitty's name and how old is s/he?

Matty
11-15-2013, 09:09 AM
LOL, cats adore unmade beds that they can squiggle down into the covers and make a "nest"! What's your kitty's name and how old is s/he?

His name is diddle and he's 3 years old.

Agravan
11-15-2013, 10:16 AM
His name is diddle and he's 3 years old.
He has that "full of hell" look in his eyes.. :)

The Sage of Main Street
11-15-2013, 03:14 PM
My cat texted her friends:

"Peoples is mean. They is given all this money to buy us the best cat food, but they steals most of it and spends it on themselves. You can't trust them."

Because foxes eat cats, she's afraid to watch Fox News. That's why she doesn't know that she's a taker, not a maker. However, she heard on MSNBC that the Republicans believe that fat cats are the only truly needy, so she always votes Republican.

fyrenza
11-15-2013, 10:19 PM
from your lips to God's ears...

(still counting, but X number of words: )

aHem! Nine words for you :

Purina DRY Cat Chow, with "treats" twice a week.
(I do 9 Lives canned food)

Hattie's 13˝yo, weighs 13 pounds, and still plays and hunts.

We fed the monkeys Purina Monkey Chow,
we feed the dogs Purina Dog Chow,
and we used to feed the cows Purina Cattle Chow
(they changed distributors, ~

Sorry. My son just came home with an armload of venison/pork sausage,
and I got distracted.
My bad.

oceanloverOH
11-15-2013, 11:28 PM
My Livvie enjoyed baby food meat from a jar (usually Gerber beef; chicken or lamb once in awhile) for her main meals, her whole life. Her breeder recommended it; and it was actually cheaper in the long run than canned cat food (which I could not abide the smell of). Her breath was always so nice with the baby beef, LOL. She always had kitty kibble (I don't remember what kind now; could've been Purina) in her bowl for snacks. Miss Dainty never overate. She weighed 7.5 lbs at her heaviest and 6 lbs the day she passed away.

fyrenza
11-16-2013, 12:12 AM

I LOVE your bed!!!

It's like a Magic CARPET ~ you can read, and write, and talk on the phone, and snuggle up your pumpkin,
and/or sleep.

PERFECTO!!!

fyrenza
11-16-2013, 12:17 AM
My Livvie enjoyed baby food meat from a jar (usually Gerber beef; chicken or lamb once in awhile) for her main meals, her whole life. Her breeder recommended it; and it was actually cheaper in the long run than canned cat food (which I could not abide the smell of). Her breath was always so nice with the baby beef, LOL. She always had kitty kibble (I don't remember what kind now; could've been Purina) in her bowl for snacks. Miss Dainty never overate. She weighed 7.5 lbs at her heaviest and 6 lbs the day she passed away.

I never even THOUGHT of baby food!!!

Goodbye, 9 Lives ~ Hello, actually GOOD food!

Thank you, Ocean!!!

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee57/Fyrenza/Forum%20Stuff/Hugs_zps84848005.jpg (http://s235.photobucket.com/user/Fyrenza/media/Forum%20Stuff/Hugs_zps84848005.jpg.html)

oceanloverOH
11-16-2013, 01:47 AM
I never even THOUGHT of baby food!!!

Goodbye, 9 Lives ~ Hello, actually GOOD food!

Thank you, Ocean!!!

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee57/Fyrenza/Forum%20Stuff/Hugs_zps84848005.jpg (http://s235.photobucket.com/user/Fyrenza/media/Forum%20Stuff/Hugs_zps84848005.jpg.html)

You're welcome, sweetie. You will find that as she ages, she'll have an easier time eating the baby meat, digesting it, and eliminating it than hard kibble. But do make sure she gets some of her kibble too, at least a little every day....it has vital kitty chemicals that she needs, like taurine, that baby food doesn't have.

fyrenza
11-16-2013, 02:09 AM
I gave out too much rep, today,

but this would have been my Comment:

I just love you.

oceanloverOH
11-16-2013, 04:32 AM
I gave out too much rep, today,

but this would have been my Comment:

I just love you.

LOL, I just repped you, hit a wrong button, and you got half a sentence! I meant to say, "It's OK if you can't rep me; I'll rep YOU and I love ya back!

strollingbonez
11-16-2013, 06:41 AM
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/strollingbones/141_zpsfc2d35f2.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/strollingbones/media/141_zpsfc2d35f2.jpg.html)

this is yoda...i found him at the end of the drive way next to the mail box....bad eye infection....when he shook his head green pus would go everywhere.....the local humane wanted to put him to sleep due to the eyes and overcrowding....i couldnt do that....he made my 4th cat at the time and i really thought my hubby would toss a fit...he didnt....yoda was small....8 ozs and looked to be female...and a silver tabby

he is now 15 lbs plus..black as night and male....the girls at the vet...call him the house panther

oceanloverOH
11-16-2013, 06:52 AM
Oh, he's gorgeous, Bonez! His eyes are striking....

The Sage of Main Street
11-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Junior told the story to the other kittens:

"There was this monster 100 feet tall! He picked me up and was going to eat me!

"But all of a sudden my Daddy arrived in the nick of time. My Daddy has the sharpest teeth and claws in the whole wide world. My Daddy hissed at the monster:

PUT MY SON DOWN RIGHT THIS MINUTE

"Scared, the monster did what he was told. And they call us scaredy cats!"

Agravan
11-17-2013, 05:52 PM
Secret Cat Diary

DAY 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from shredding the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant and cough it up on the carpeting.
DAY 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair...must try this on their bed (again).
DAY 762 - Slept all day so that I could annoy my captors with sleep depriving, incessant pleas for food at ungodly hours of the night.
DAY 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was...Hmmm. Not working according to plan...
DAY 768- I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo". What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth and the tiny bit of flesh under my claws.
DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call "beer." More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies". Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.
DAY 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The Bird on the other hand has got to be an informant. He has mastered their frightful tongue (something akin to mole speak) and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time.

Common
11-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Gottem lovem all agravan theyre just like your kids arent they

Agravan
11-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Gottem lovem all agravan theyre just like your kids arent they
they do have a tendency to worm their way into your heart.