PDA

View Full Version : Don't convert to Islam and drink.

freecell
07-18-2011, 06:43 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07/18/intruders-whip-recently-converted-islamic-man-for-drinking/?intcmp=obnetwork

Mister D
07-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I don't think Australians are fond of all this diversity either. The Aussies are experiencing the same problems other European societies are experiencing with regard to migration.

MMC
07-18-2011, 08:21 PM
AHHHH......Tell them It's Honey-mead and made from honey. ;D

Conley
07-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I don't think Australians are fond of all this diversity either. The Aussies are experiencing the same problems other European societies are experiencing with regard to migration.

My experiences with Aussies are that they are a lot less PC. Not sure if that is the case with their government as well. Also, all the Aussies I've known love to get drunk. ;D

Mister D
07-18-2011, 08:47 PM

My experiences with Aussies are that they are a lot less PC. Not sure if that is the case with their government as well. Also, all the Aussies I've known love to get drunk. ;D

David Banana sure wasn't PC. :D

I don't know any Australians personally but Australia appears to me to be similar to Europe in that your average guy isn't particularly PC but there is an official air of political correctness. Moreover, the political class is very PC.

Conley
07-18-2011, 08:50 PM
:D Good point about David Banana...

MMC
07-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Jeff Dunham and Peanut part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrr4rV4AaOU#ws)

Good thing the Aussies are PC otherwise it would be like dealing with our Immigration and talking to a Jalapena on a Stick..... >:D

Captain Obvious
07-19-2011, 09:04 PM
That's gotta be in the top 5 reasons not to convert to Islam.

Mister D
07-19-2011, 09:23 PM
That's gotta be in the top 5 reasons not to convert to Islam.

I wonder how prevalent tee totaling is in Muslim societies.

MMC
07-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Good Question D......most Eastern Countries are into Tea. Why do you think the Arabs have never been into tea? When I say Arabs I am talking about the orignal ones. Sunni and Shia.

Mister D
07-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Good Question D......most Eastern Countries are into Tea. Why do you think the Arabs have never been into tea? When I say Arabs I am talking about the orignal ones. Sunni and Shia.

Tea and coffee are popular all over the world. I know the coffee was and is a popular drink in Turkey, for example. I just wonder how many people totally abstain from alcohiol in Muslim societies.

MMC
07-20-2011, 01:08 PM
I believe they can have alcohol if it is like a Honey-Mead. Althought I am not sure on that.

Mister D
07-20-2011, 01:12 PM
I believe they can have alcohol if it is like a Honey-Mead. Althought I am not sure on that.

That's weird.

I don't think I've veer had mead.

Conley
07-20-2011, 01:14 PM
I think it largely depends on the sect and region.

Qatar for example (I only looked into this because of the World Cup)

"The country has undergone a period of liberalization and modernisation during the reign of the current Emir, Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, who came to power in 1995. The laws of Qatar tolerate alcohol to a certain extent. However, the few bars and nightclubs in Qatar operate only in expensive hotels and clubs, with Qatar Distribution Company[15] the only importer and retailer for alcohol in Qatar. Under Qatar's Sharia, it is illegal to show alcohol or be drunk in public."

Mister D
07-20-2011, 01:15 PM
I think it largely depends on the sect and region.

Qatar for example (I only looked into this because of the World Cup)

"The country has undergone a period of liberalization and modernisation during the reign of the current Emir, Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, who came to power in 1995. The laws of Qatar tolerate alcohol to a certain extent. However, the few bars and nightclubs in Qatar operate only in expensive hotels and clubs, with Qatar Distribution Company[15] the only importer and retailer for alcohol in Qatar. Under Qatar's Sharia, it is illegal to show alcohol or be drunk in public."

I'd imagine that if you walked into one of these bars you'd see a whole bunch of western diplomats etc.

MMC
07-20-2011, 02:13 PM
I know they use to say anything that was fermented or came from the vine. But then I have heard that some do drink wine. Wonder if wine coolers count. Or Mike's lemonade..... >:D

Betcha they crawl that ass out of the desert and was dying of thirst they would drink what was in front of them. Let his ass come out starving too. Give em a fucking cracker and I will bet money he will tell you that it was the best fucking cracker he ever ate..... >:D lol