PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Hiring Ex Chief and Patriot Coach Todd Haley

Conley
02-06-2012, 06:35 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers will hire former Chiefs coach Todd Haley as their new offensive coordinator, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Haley, fired by the Chiefs in December, met with Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin on Jan. 31.

The Steelers need to replace Bruce Arians, who was not retained. Arians was hired to the same position by the Indianapolis Colts on Jan. 30. Pittsburgh finished 12th in the NFL in yards in 2011 but just 21st in points scored.

The 45-year-old Haley went 19-26 in two-plus seasons with the Chiefs, leading them to the 2010 AFC West title.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7548154/source-pittsburgh-steelers-hire-todd-haley-new-oc

I would have thought they could get someone better for the OC gig. As a reluctant Charger fan though I can't say I'm terribly bummed by this. I guess as long as LeBeau is coaching the other side of the ball they'll be ok.

Captain Obvious
02-06-2012, 06:37 PM
They could have hired an embalmed monkey and gotten better results.

The RB coach who was in that fire was supposed to be the guy pegged for the job but they didn't think he'd be back to work soon enough. There was no way they were going to hire a guy with a name brand though.

I don't know much about this guy but if he brings back the FB, he's halfway there.