PDA

View Full Version : fast and furious....

GRUMPY
06-20-2011, 05:04 PM
anyone care to volunteer some theories, repercussions......

Conley
06-20-2011, 06:29 PM
grump you haven't changed a bit. the only part of your posts that makes sense are the parts that go '........'

is that when you have fallen asleep at the keyboard?

ps how is the lighthouse business doing? i hear their lobbying group wasn't able to get much of the gov't handouts on the latest round of bailouts

Mister D
06-20-2011, 06:34 PM
'....' can be translated as "takes a sip of his bloody mary" ;D

Conley
06-20-2011, 06:40 PM
'....' can be translated as "takes a sip of his bloody mary" ;D

:occasion14: :occasion14: :occasion14: :D

oh yeah i forgot about that!

the alcohol definitely helps explain the randomness of that post

maybe it was one of rush's talking points this morning?

ive no idea what he's talking about. the movie? weiner's weiner? no clue.

now if he'd said 'slow and furious' then i know he'd be talking about himself. ;)

Mister D
06-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Right about that time too as I recall. There was always a happy hour crowd at the 'Rant. :-X

Conley
06-20-2011, 06:46 PM
:D i'm pretty sure all 24 qualify as happy hours for the ol' grump.

GRUMPY
06-20-2011, 06:51 PM
what is the matter with you two fools, they have been holding congressional hearings on this supposed sting op....you haven't followed this slowly percolating scandal at all..... ??? maybe you two should have a shot or two it might actually improve your cognitive abilities because at this point it is painfully apparent that it couldn't hurt....

Conley
06-20-2011, 07:09 PM
sounds good i will both read up on this investigation and make sure to get more alcohol in my system

currently i'm drinking http://www.uncoached.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/miller-lite.jpg

Captain Obvious
06-20-2011, 07:10 PM
sounds good i will both read up on this investigation and make sure to get more alcohol in my system

currently i'm drinking http://www.uncoached.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/miller-lite.jpg

Light.... medium bodied... full bodied

Conley
06-20-2011, 07:14 PM

Light.... medium bodied... full bodied

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i'm gonna say 3,1,2

Juggernaut
06-21-2011, 05:39 AM
The ATF says The AG wanted the program, AG claims it was done at local AG regional office. Sounds like Eric Holder might be involved so the real question is how much did Obama know and for how long?

This is like the Mexican version of Iran-Contra drug story only smaller and with guns and no clear plan of how guns would be traced to mexican unless killed or captured. Sounds like an Obama plan to me, all talk and no substance but shovel ready like everything else, lol.

GRUMPY
06-21-2011, 07:21 AM
The ATF says The AG wanted the program, AG claims it was done at local AG regional office. Sounds like Eric Holder might be involved so the real question is how much did Obama know and for how long?

This is like the Mexican version of Iran-Contra drug story only smaller and with guns and no clear plan of how guns would be traced to mexican unless killed or captured. Sounds like an Obama plan to me, all talk and no substance but shovel ready like everything else, lol.

given the gun control rhetoric spewing forth from obama at the time this appears very political in it's roots as it really is impossible to make any law enforcement argument for this.....basically we gave semi auto weapons to the cartels with no idea on how to get them back and no consideration for the consequences, as mexico was out of the loop....then we say gee look at all those usa guns showing up in border crimes we must further legislate guns.....someone is going to jail over this....clearly the reckless and indifferent nature with regard to public safety and the act of war upon mexico rises to level of criminal....that we still have no name/face attached to this tells us that atf, doj, home land security and obama are all running for cover.....i kinda suspect that this is being slow walked by issa and co to run into the elections 2012.....your guess....

Vermouth
06-21-2011, 08:19 AM
The head of the ATF is going to resign. Of course, he's the interim head, so it's easy to lay the blame there and get rid of him.

I don't know if this was some sinister plan or just plain stupidity ... I'm leaning toward just plain stupidity, unfortunately with quite foreseeable tragic results.

GRUMPY
06-21-2011, 08:52 AM
The head of the ATF is going to resign. Of course, he's the interim head, so it's easy to lay the blame there and get rid of him.

I don't know if this was some sinister plan or just plain stupidity ... I'm leaning toward just plain stupidity, unfortunately with quite foreseeable tragic results.

this is about where this is right now...

http://spectator.org/archives/2011/06/21/fast-and-spurious

GRUMPY
06-21-2011, 06:47 PM
so let me try this again, any thoughts on this anyone....was this just a brain fart of an attempted sting or did some political appointee come up with this idea to make the prez look good and ramp up the number of us guns in mexico....

Juggernaut
06-21-2011, 07:28 PM

given the gun control rhetoric spewing forth from obama at the time this appears very political in it's roots as it really is impossible to make any law enforcement argument for this.....basically we gave semi auto weapons to the cartels with no idea on how to get them back and no consideration for the consequences, as mexico was out of the loop....then we say gee look at all those usa guns showing up in border crimes we must further legislate guns.....someone is going to jail over this....clearly the reckless and indifferent nature with regard to public safety and the act of war upon mexico rises to level of criminal....that we still have no name/face attached to this tells us that atf, doj, home land security and obama are all running for cover.....i kinda suspect that this is being slow walked by issa and co to run into the elections 2012.....your guess....

I think your on to something, possible control scam to stop the sales of assault weapons again. Just a guess but I wouldn't put anything past the messiah as his team of Chicago thuggery is all about taking rights. He claims pro article 2 but after the Gabby Giffords shooting its become apparent they still blame legit gun owners for all violence. Control freaks seeking to "never let a good opportunity go to waste". Can't say they'd create a fast and furious scam per se but they would feed on the opportunity.

Janet Napolitano says border violence isn't escalating and denies what as governor she claimed was a problem. This person has become a mixed bag fearing her boss instead of fearing the peoples call for protection. Easier to whitewash everything and blame the innocent. She's become the political whore of Obama's dream.

GRUMPY
06-21-2011, 07:42 PM
it just makes no sense from a law enforcement angle.....can you imagine this idea being floated....we are going to allow aks and 50 cals to be sold to the cartels...okay and then what.....well there is no then, that is the whole plan.....who would sign off on that....

Juggernaut
06-21-2011, 08:40 PM
I expect Darell Issa to get to the bottom of it. Hope Peter King wants in too.

GRUMPY
06-22-2011, 02:58 PM
I expect Darell Issa to get to the bottom of it. Hope Peter King wants in too.

i wish i had your faith in republicans.....

Juggernaut
06-29-2011, 02:52 AM
My faith in the GOP isn't that strong, seems Issa is digging but its an uphill battle as the liberal media don't appear to concerned for crimes, least not till a republican is president. Typical corruption, but the story is getting traction regardless.
Looks like the DOJ is changing its story and Obama knew. No surprise there, if its corrupt ,people from Chicago will be part of it.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/23/issa-camp-says-washington-post-wrong-on-gunrunner-story/#ixzz1QeIiOPAG
“We have had people who have contacted us before the Washington Post,” Hill said. “They told us people in the Justice Department were trying to push this story and I think a number of publications didn’t think it was credible or, for whatever reason, decided not to run it.”

Hill said there was a briefing that Issa attended back in April 2010 on a similar subject. “There were questions at the time about the number of U.S. weapons that were ending up at Mexican crime scenes,” he said. “Basically, [it was about] the efforts of the ATF to stop cartels from doing this.”

Did gun walking or Operation Fast and Furious come up at that briefing at all? Hill says “they certainly did not.” (Issa warns ATF not to retaliate against whistleblowers)

It’s unclear at best whether or not the Justice Department plans to stick to this new story. But, Hill said the new meme shows how “desperate” some employees are there. DOJ spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler originally did not return TheDC’s requests for comment on whether or not the DOJ is sticking with the new storyline. But, if the agency does, it strikes a stark contrast to what Attorney General Eric Holder and his deputies have been saying for months now: They didn’t know anything about this.

Now, though, Schmaler refuses to comment on what she and the Justice Department consider “conspiracies” about anonymous stories and sources.*

“They seem to be drastically shifting their stories, even if the story they’re telling now is just another lie,” Hill said. “For months, they’ve been asserting that they had no knowledge that this was ever happening. Now, it seems like they’re radically trying to change that and assert that not only were they aware of this, but that they were telling members of Congress all about this.”

On the transparency front, the Obama administration hasn’t provided most of the documents Issa has subpoenaed or requested, nor have officials answered similar requests from Sen. Chuck Grassley, Iowa Republican. Hill said DOJ’s new meme, if the agency plans to stick to it, doesn’t hold up there either.

“If they were so free and ready to give Congress information on this, which was not the case, well why is it that they’re so unwilling now to share any information with Congress,” he said.

GRUMPY
06-29-2011, 05:30 AM
unless or until reps in mass, both houses make this an issue, demand answers no answers will be forth coming ..... as i said this action is tantamount to an act of war upon yet another sovereign state and resulted in the death of at least one maybe two federal law enforcement personnel and hundreds of mexican citizens.....how is that for hope and change....

GRUMPY
07-08-2011, 04:25 PM
are you paying attention yet boys and girls.....

GRUMPY
07-21-2011, 09:07 AM
are we still asleep....

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/more-doj-malpractice_576922.html

Mister D
07-21-2011, 09:27 AM
For once, the NRA might be understating things. “Gross incompetence” doesn’t adequately describe what has transpired here. The investigation is far from complete, but the facts so far suggest that the Justice Department and White House are implicated in the needless deaths of two U.S. law enforcement agents. And the level of political collusion suggests they were motivated not by law enforcement concerns, but by a desire to gain traction in implementing a liberal gun control agenda.

Gross incomptence at some levels and depravity at others.

Conley
07-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Nothing surprises me any more...I still get outraged but I don't know what it would take to shock me at this point.

Mister D
07-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Nothing surprises me any more...I still get outraged but I don't know what it would take to shock me at this point.

It would be pretty disturbing if this turns out to have been a political stunt.

Conley
09-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Acting ATF Director Kenneth Melson has been reassigned to a lesser post in the Justice Department and the U.S. attorney for Arizona was also pushed out Tuesday as fallout from Operation Fast and Furious reached new heights.

Melson's step down from his role as head of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to the position of senior adviser on forensic science in the Department of Justice's Office of Legal Programs is effective by close of business Tuesday, administration officials announced. U.S. Attorney for the District of Minnesota B. Todd Jones will replace Melson.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/30/sources-atf-director-to-be-reassigned-amid-fast-and-furious-uproar/#ixzz1YRhnV4Cx

The fallout is continuing...I wonder how far up the ladder heads will roll.

Conley
09-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Holder is still denying everything as well! >:(

The head of the U.S. Justice Department launched his strongest personal defense yet in the growing furor over Operation Fast and Furious, the controversial sting targeting Mexican drug cartels and American gunrunners.

On Wednesday, Attorney General Eric Holder said for the first time that not only he but also other higher-ups at the Justice Department were not aware of the operation as it was being carried out. Holder also suggested politics could be a driving force behind Republican lawmakers' forceful inquiries into the matter.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/07/holder-denies-prior-knowledge-fast-and-furious/#ixzz1YRi5uTV1

Mister D
09-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Holder is a disgrace. He's an affirmative action hire much like the guy who appointed him.

MMC
09-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Holder is still denying everything as well! >:(

The head of the U.S. Justice Department launched his strongest personal defense yet in the growing furor over Operation Fast and Furious, the controversial sting targeting Mexican drug cartels and American gunrunners.

On Wednesday, Attorney General Eric Holder said for the first time that not only he but also other higher-ups at the Justice Department were not aware of the operation as it was being carried out. Holder also suggested politics could be a driving force behind Republican lawmakers' forceful inquiries into the matter.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/07/holder-denies-prior-knowledge-fast-and-furious/#ixzz1YRi5uTV1

AHAHAHAHAHA.....holder blaming Republicans. Not like any average citizen matters huh. Maybe he should go spend a week in Laredo.

wingrider
09-20-2011, 12:06 AM

mothers milk?

wingrider
09-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Acting ATF Director Kenneth Melson has been reassigned to a lesser post in the Justice Department and the U.S. attorney for Arizona was also pushed out Tuesday as fallout from Operation Fast and Furious reached new heights.

Melson's step down from his role as head of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to the position of senior adviser on forensic science in the Department of Justice's Office of Legal Programs is effective by close of business Tuesday, administration officials announced. U.S. Attorney for the District of Minnesota B. Todd Jones will replace Melson.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/30/sources-atf-director-to-be-reassigned-amid-fast-and-furious-uproar/#ixzz1YRhnV4Cx

you all do realize that if guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns , courtesy of the ATF

Conley
09-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Of course.

MMC
09-20-2011, 10:14 AM

you all do realize that if guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns , courtesy of the ATF

Well and the Government too!!!!!

Conley
09-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Yes, everyone with weapons except for the common man.

Mister D
09-21-2011, 10:55 AM

The common man now has is Double Defense. 8) :o

Conley
09-21-2011, 11:09 AM

:D

Well that'll stop the first few through the door at least >:D

MMC
09-21-2011, 03:26 PM

Easy to make claymores.....and explosives can equal the odds. Also so can my cousin. perhaps you have heard of her. Goddess of FIRE! ;)

Eventually ammo runs out. Then its all about the up close and personal. Thats when the battle machetes and or swords come into play.

Mister D
09-21-2011, 03:31 PM

Easy to make claymores.....and explosives can equal the odds. Also so can my cousin. perhaps you have heard of her. Goddess of FIRE! ;)

Eventually ammo runs out. Then its all about the up close and personal. Thats when the battle machetes and or swords come into play.

That's when Mister D may bring his jogging skills into play. ;)

Conley
09-21-2011, 03:36 PM
That's where Conley covers himself in the gore of others and plays dead and brings his own skills into play... those being lying around and doing nothing. >:D

MMC
09-21-2011, 04:42 PM
That's where Conley covers himself in the gore of others and plays dead and brings his own skills into play... those being lying around and doing nothing. >:D

Hmmmm.....sounds like poopin on one's self. :D ;)

Conley
09-21-2011, 04:43 PM

Hmmmm.....sounds like poopin on one's self. :D ;)

Yes I'd try that too!

Mister D
09-21-2011, 06:10 PM

There won't be any gore to cover yourself in if you don't get that Double Defense! >:(

Conley
09-21-2011, 06:42 PM

There won't be any gore to cover yourself in if you don't get that Double Defense! >:(

:D Oh, good point.

Hrrm. Time for Plan B.

Mister D
09-21-2011, 07:20 PM

:D Oh, good point.

Hrrm. Time for Plan B.

Load up with two multi-defense buckshot rounds. They contain a .650 ball with 6 '00' buckshot behind it.

http://i33.tinypic.com/25exzph.jpg

The first guy is getting cut in half. There's your gore. 8) >:D

Mister D
09-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Made in Italy, BTW, so you know they are made to send a message. ;)

Conley
09-21-2011, 07:21 PM
:o :o :o

"Centurion...because nobody does gore like the Roman Empire!"

;D

Mister D
09-21-2011, 07:27 PM

;D

They might hire you! :o

The kick like a freakin' mule though. They come out of the barrel at 1300fps so there is a little more powder n their than normal. One time, I didn't have the stock of my Mossberg tactical shotgun securely against my shoulder and the gun jumped up a bit when I fired it. It happened so fast there was nothing I could do. It made a nasty gash inside my mouth. It must have slipped up and hit me in the face.

Conley
09-21-2011, 07:46 PM

;D

The kick like a freakin' mule though. They come out of the barrel at 1300fps so there is a little more powder n their than normal. One time, I didn't have the stock of my Mossberg tactical shotgun securely against my shoulder and the gun jumped up a bit when I fired it. It happened so fast there was nothing I could do. It made a nasty gash inside my mouth. It must have slipped up and hit me in the face.

Dayum! I will keep that in mind. I don't want the only gore to be coming from inside my mouth :D

Mister D
09-21-2011, 09:00 PM

;D

Dayum! I will keep that in mind. I don't want the only gore to be coming from inside my mouth :D

That might have been a result of my carelessness though. I've fired those rounds before and that never happened. I've fired them from the same gun no less. I'm in the mood to go to the range now. I go the Fort Dix (a base in NJ) with some friends from work. They have a few cool ranges open to the public.

MMC
09-21-2011, 10:25 PM

;D

That might have been a result of my carelessness though. I've fired those rounds before and that never happened. I've fired them from the same gun no less. I'm in the mood to go to the range now. I go the Fort Dix (a base in NJ) with some friends from work. They have a few cool ranges open to the public.

Army(reserve) Base.....althought technically it is an Air Force Base. It's where some in-process when coming home from overseas. Or at least it use to be. Its about 15 miles South of Trenton NJ.

Conley
09-21-2011, 10:28 PM

;D

Army(reserve) Base.....althought technically it is an Air Force Base. It's where some in-process when coming home from overseas. Or at least it use to be. Its about 15 miles South of Trenton NJ.

Yes I have heard of it on the news I guess.

MMC
09-22-2011, 12:07 AM

;D

Yes I have heard of it on the news I guess.

More than Likely you did it was where those Albanian Muslims were going to perpretrate an attack on that base. Think it was 2007. They were going to storm in shooting people. Looking to kill Military Personell.

Conley
09-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Yes that does sound familiar.

Maybe it was around the time of the Fort Hood attack as well.

Mister D
09-22-2011, 08:43 AM

;D

Yeah, it's about a 50 minute ride. Nice staff at the range. It's a cool place.

Mister D
09-22-2011, 08:51 AM

The foiled plot at Firt Dix was big local news.

Conley
09-22-2011, 08:54 AM

The foiled plot at Firt Dix was big local news.

I believe it.

The 2007 Fort Dix attack plot involved a group of six radical Islamist men who conspired to stage an attack against U.S. Military personnel stationed at Fort Dix, New Jersey.[1] The alleged aim of the group was to "kill as many soldiers as possible".[2]

The men were arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) on May 8, 2007, and were prosecuted in federal court in October 2008.[3] On December 22, 2008, five were found guilty of conspiracy to commit murder in their intentions to kill U.S. military personnel; four received life sentences, while one received 33 years in prison. The remaining member was thought to have had a minor role in the plot and was sentenced to five years in prison for weapons offenses.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Fort_Dix_attack_plot

5 years?!? That seems way too short.

Conley
09-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Fort Hood was 2009 BTW.

Mister D
09-22-2011, 09:00 AM
Fort Hood was 2009 BTW.

But nothign happened in the E.U. so it's OK. ;)

Conley
09-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Fort Hood was 2009 BTW.

But nothign happened in the E.U. so it's OK. ;)

:roflmao: