PDA

View Full Version : Sex offender awarded custody of 3 year old

freecell
07-18-2011, 11:45 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/18/family-outraged-after-sex-offender-awarded-custody-3-year-old-florida-girl/?test=latestnews

How do you feel about this?

Conley
07-18-2011, 11:50 PM
That's awful, sounds like they are making a mistake. The man was in his mid 30s when he impregnated the 14 year old mother of the child, and now that she's died and the child is more vulnerable than ever, he gets custody? Granted incest and pedophilia are different but I can't think this is a good move when the mother's mother could have raised the child.

freecell
07-18-2011, 11:56 PM
I could not trust him around a young child. I hope for her sake everything will be ok but what is this judge thinking?

MMC
07-19-2011, 01:12 AM
It does make one wonder.....what Judges are thinking in their dispostion towards Justice.

Conley
07-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Only thing I can think of is there must be more to the story? Blood is blood, but sickos are sickos and you don't want to ever take a chance with a kid's life. Terrible terrible.

Mister D
07-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Sometimes I guess they can't use their common sense and have to apply the law as written. Dunno... ???

Conley
07-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Sometimes I guess they can't use their common sense and have to apply the law as written. Dunno... ???

That would make sense -- then they use their discretion as they are able, for example, in the Casey Anthony trial the judge sentenced her to the max he could for the charges she was found guilty of.

Mister D
07-19-2011, 11:16 AM

That would make sense -- then they use their discretion as they are able, for example, in the Casey Anthony trial the judge sentenced her to the max he could for the charges she was found guilty of.

I'm not sure how it works but I don't imagine that these judges are that crazy. They must be bound by certain rules and obligations.

MMC
07-19-2011, 02:21 PM
I dunno about that many of these judges are in their late 60's and 70's dimensia and alzheimers, plus a host of things affect seniors. How do we know he isnt thinking about his arthiritis or what size depends he has to send his wife out to buy from the store..... >:D

Conley
07-19-2011, 02:27 PM
True, there are always crazies in every profession, judges, doctors, positions you'd think would require a certain degree of sanity, discipline, and a balanced nature...

Mister D
07-19-2011, 02:28 PM
I dunno about that many of these judges are in their late 60's and 70's dimensia and alzheimers, plus a host of things affect seniors. How do we know he isnt thinking about his arthiritis or what size depends he has to send his wife out to buy from the store..... >:D

That explains your posts! ;) :-*

Conley
07-19-2011, 02:31 PM

That explains your posts! ;) :-*

:D :yeah, especially the one about the poop defense!

MMC
07-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Hey.....:D lol....."what," okay you try to beat the tar out of guy that farts everytime you hit him.....lets see how far you get. >:( :D ;D