PDA

View Full Version : Blind puppy and brother who hugged him adopted

Common
11-24-2013, 09:44 PM
The emaciated Labrador-bulldog mixes were starving and in poor condition when they were discovered wandering the streets of Philadelphia — but a photo of them hugging each other inspired hundreds to offer to give them a new home.
This heartwarming photo shows the puppies — who were found nearly starved in Philadelphia — comforting each other at an animal shelter.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/blind-puppy-brother-adopted-pic-viral-article-1.1527348

jillian
11-24-2013, 09:47 PM
i saw that on Facebook and they covered it on cvs sunday show this morning. i'm so glad they got a good home.

Common
11-24-2013, 09:49 PM
So many like that its a shame. We have a no kill shelter here thats busting at the seams.

They are overloaded with pitbulls and pitbull mixs, but all black dogs of any breed are the hardest to get adopted.

oceanloverOH
11-24-2013, 09:53 PM
What a great pic....call it anthropomorphizing if you will, but I firmly believe that dogs "love".

Common
11-24-2013, 10:00 PM
What a great pic....call it anthropomorphizing if you will, but I firmly believe that dogs "love".

I have a very close friend that lived in WV, we both retired about the same time, and he said I dont know about you but im getting the hell out of this city and trying to find a place where I never see another human.

He bought 120 acres on a mountain in WV, he now lives in fla a couple of miles from me anyway.
He came home and two beagles were sitting on this back porch with his labrador. He kept them and put an ad in the paper that he had them.

He still has them and those two beagles are inseparable they do everything together, they sleep right next to each other and they never are further than a few feet from one another. Thats gotta be doggy love and they are male, female but he thinks brother and sister.

The Xl
11-24-2013, 11:23 PM

Of course they do. It's beyond obvious, and anyone who asserts that they don't clearly do not have observational skills.

That was heartwarming.

Dr. Who
11-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Wonderful story. Dogs are amazing creatures. I always have at least one dog friend in my home.