PDA

View Full Version : Iran Cuts Off Internet Access

Conley
02-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Iran has cut off access to the Internet, leaving millions of people without access to e-mail and social networks.

An individual inside the country confirmed this morning that Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo email are no longer available. Ditto for Facebook. So far, the government has not made any announcement about the service interruption.

But cyber-sophisticated Iranians are still able to circumvent the government by using proxy servers over VPN connections.

"The interesting thing is that when asked, they deny the fact that all these services are all blocked," an Iranian contacted by CNET said. This individual asked to remain unidentified.

However, the Iranian noted that the regime has cut off the Internet during protests and that the buzz on the streets is that anti-government protests are planned for Saturday. February 11 marks the anniversary of Iran's 1979 Islamic revolution.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13510_3-57374594-21/iran-cuts-off-internet-access/?tag=mncol;topStories

Let's see if we get any news on these protests.

MMC
02-11-2012, 09:33 AM
I was reading early they were out Celebrating that anniversary. But I didnt see anything on protests. ImaDeaninaJon was making a statement that Iran was going to release an Important Word on the nuclear program.

Elibe
02-11-2012, 11:42 AM
i haven't seen any stories about protestors

it's late in the day there too

Mister D
02-11-2012, 11:46 AM
This is the sort of thing that the US government should be supporting covertly as much as possible. This is where Iran is vulnerable. Hit them there. I bet the Mossad has plenty of contacts among the Iranian dissidents.

MMC
02-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Did Ahmed or Khamenie release any statement on their Nuke Program?