PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Navy: Iran Suicide Bomb Boats in the Gulf.....

MMC
02-13-2012, 10:41 AM
MANAMA (Reuters) - Iran has built up its naval forces in the Gulf and prepared boats that could be used in suicide attacks, but the U.S. Navy can prevent it from blocking the Strait of Hormuz, the commander of U.S. naval forces in the region said on Sunday.

"They have increased the number of submarines ... they increased the number of fast attack craft," Vice Admiral Mark Fox told reporters. "Some of the small boats have been outfitted with a large warhead that could be used as a suicide explosive device. The Iranians have a large mine inventory."

Iran now has 10 small submarines, he said.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/u-navy-iran-prepares-suicide-bomb-boats-gulf-092222371.html
Reuters – 49 mins ago<<<<< More Here!

Make that 12 due to the 2 new ones they announced last Thursday. Although in actuality and reality. We do not know how many they really have other than the 12 we know of. Iran is ratcheting up the pace while still leaving the ball in Israel's or our court. While all this has been going on gas is up 12 cents a gallon nationally on average. This is within the last 3 weeks.

Which does not include these Suicide boats they have in total. We do not know. Which is the concern. They have several speedcraft some with missiles and or rockets. Others with bombs and or small weapons. Course Iran says they have stealth craft as well.

Conley
02-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Didn't they say they were going to attack our carriers if we came back?

I'm glad we have the firepower there now to keep the strait open.

MMC
02-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Didn't they say they were going to attack our carriers if we came back?

I'm glad we have the firepower there now to keep the strait open.

The Navy says we are ready. Yet they do acknowledge the fact that Iran can make things very difficult for us.

Pendragon
02-13-2012, 11:03 AM
I would point out to the historians among you that the United States has a long past of overestimating their military power. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, and on and on. Iran is truly far more capable than any of those past adversaries.

Mister D
02-13-2012, 11:07 AM
I would point out to the historians among you that the United States has a long past of overestimating their military power. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, and on and on. Iran is truly far more capable than any of those past adversaries.

The US overestimated Iraq and Afghanistan. You do understand the difference betrween nation building and kicking the crap out of another military, right?

Pendragon
02-13-2012, 11:11 AM
The US overestimated Iraq and Afghanistan. You do understand the difference betrween nation building and kicking the crap out of another military, right?

You do understand the difference between fiction and reality, correct? This is not a Rambo movie. When was the last time your country kicked "the crap out of another military"? Furthermore victory over Iran is impossible without a large scale ground invasion and a toppling of the current regime. No matter which way you analyze it the United States always comes out the loser.

Mister D
02-13-2012, 11:15 AM
You do understand the difference between fiction and reality, correct? This is not a Rambo movie. When was the last time your country kicked "the crap out of another military"? Furthermore victory over Iran is impossible without a large scale ground invasion and a toppling of the current regime. No matter which way you analyze it the United States always comes out the loser.

The last two wars in Iraq, for example. It wasn't a contest but we chose to occupy and nation build. That's a whole new ballgame.

Is "Rambo" a stock line of your's? Regarding Iran, it all depends on what we want to achieve.

Pendragon
02-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Rambo is what average Americans believe their troops are capable of. They think that their soldiers can kill thirty men without even suffering a scratch or needing to reload. Reality is far different my sheltered friend. Should the United States choose to invade Iran and ignore her sovereignty as they have with so many other countries lately, the reality will be far more bleak than you imagine.

Mister D
02-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Rambo is what average Americans believe their troops are capable of. They think that their soldiers can kill thirty men without even suffering a scratch or needing to reload. Reality is far different my sheltered friend. Should the United States choose to invade Iran and ignore her sovereignty as they have with so many other countries lately, the reality will be far more bleak than you imagine.

Nah you just don't like Americans for whatever reason.

Peter1469
02-13-2012, 11:47 AM
The Iraqi military was largely destroyed in weeks. The survivors got out of their uniforms and melded among the civilian population largely negating our technological advantages.

The Afghan military refused to fight on our terms.

If Iran wants to close the Straight it will have to go on the offensive on the water- the Navy will be able to engage that attack.

MMC
02-13-2012, 11:52 AM
http://www.scribd.com/Silendo/d/30277432-DoD-Unclassified-Report-on-Military-Power-of-Iran

This is an Unclassified report on Iran. Scroll down to Pages 7 and 8. Effectivenes of Iranian Conventional Forces. They have a Doctrine of playin Defensive but not breaking while seeking a Diplomatic Solution.

Althought they have already installed the Russian S-300 within their defensive capabilities. They seek to fight an attrition defensive strategy. Not going out and directly encountering another Army.

MMC
02-13-2012, 12:08 PM

Perhaps you might want to take a look at M.I.-6's Assessment of US Special Forces and our conventional forces. As far as having more individuals that stand out and take it to the enemy. There is no other country that can compare. Which is due to all of our unique backgrounds and environments in which we come from.

Perhaps Pen it is you that has watched to much of that TV. One I could never count all the enemy as I could never see them all. Two, I don't know about walking away from battle with no scratches. As the last time I could not walk away. 3. Finding out what you did after it is all over does not describe what took place on the scene. There are no film crews there to catch those in Valor all the time. Nor can one even remember all that they did while in the heat of battle. Unless others saw them. Which then there is validation of what you describe. If not more!

Conley
02-13-2012, 03:32 PM

I take offense at that. The latest Rambo movie was actually pretty good!

Mister D
02-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Besides, considering the casualty disparities of all of our post 1945 engagements they may as well have been Rambo movies.

Conley
02-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Good point.

MMC
02-13-2012, 06:04 PM
That report wouldn't let me copy. Has Israel said anything else?

Conley
02-13-2012, 08:01 PM
That report wouldn't let me copy. Has Israel said anything else?

About the assassination attempts or something else?

MMC
02-13-2012, 08:33 PM
About the assassination attempts or something else?

Did they confirm the Amesterdam one?