PDA

View Full Version : Afghan Leader to Push For Access to Taliban in Pakistan.....

MMC
02-14-2012, 10:46 AM
KABUL (Reuters) - Afghan President Hamid Karzai will press Pakistan to provide access to senior Afghan Taliban leaders when he visits Islamabad this week in a bid to advance a nascent peace process with the militant group, senior Afghan officials said Tuesday.

But Pakistani Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar said after a recent trip to Kabul that a lot of the ill will between the neighbors had faded, and she said Pakistan would encourage Afghan militant groups to pursue peace if asked by Kabul.

They are also due to hold talks on counter-terrorism and trade in a trilateral summit with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

While Afghanistan supports any talks that the Taliban may have with American officials in Qatar, it also wants countries like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia to play a role so that the process is comprehensive, analysts say.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-leader-push-access-taliban-pakistan-144208417.html

Tri-laterial talks with Iran an Pakistan with I'maDeaninaJon. Counter-Terrorism Talks. Now that is funny. Why any emphasis on the Saud for the Taliban?

Conley
02-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Great, so Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran and the Taliban can all cozy up together. What a fantastic success our policy in the region has been. We really have been able to forge great new alliances, only problem is they don't include the United States. :rollseyes:

MMC
02-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Great, so Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran and the Taliban can all cozy up together. What a fantastic success our policy in the region has been. We really have been able to forge great new alliances, only problem is they don't include the United States. :rollseyes:

The Best Part is how all run around calling themselves Democratic. That they were voted into Office. Now I am questioning Obama's decision to ask for Petraeus Resignation. Plus that Obama is willing to Negotiate with terrorists and give back 5 of their people we are holding and the Putting of an Office in Qatar with the Sunni!

jgreer
02-14-2012, 11:46 AM
They were voted in but that doesn't mean they like America they don't go hand in hand any election over there is going to be against the US look what has happened to them since the US got involved:

Afghanistan got leveled and now the taliban is back, Iraq got leveled and they are right back to killing each other, Iran people can't even get food...I mean cmon who would you vote for

MMC
02-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Whoever thought they would stop killing each other in the first place. Still with Iraq anything that is going on today is all their call. If this what the Iraqis want to do to each other. Then let them! If Afghanistan wants the Taliban to rule their people. Then let them.

Just don't let them come crawling back with their hands empty feigning friendship and begging for more Aid. Any Aid!

Mister D
02-14-2012, 12:34 PM
They were voted in but that doesn't mean they like America they don't go hand in hand any election over there is going to be against the US look what has happened to them since the US got involved:

Afghanistan got leveled and now the taliban is back, Iraq got leveled and they are right back to killing each other, Iran people can't even get food...I mean cmon who would you vote for

Afghanistan was a moonscape when we arrived.

Conley
02-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Afghanistan was a moonscape when we arrived.

Always has been, always will be.

Mister D
02-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Always has been, always will be.

It's conceivable to me that whatever Afghanistan had in terms of infrastructure was damaged during the Soviet occupation but even that I'm not completely sold on.