PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sanchez Sends Santonio Holmes a Valentine

Conley
02-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Instead of extending an olive branch, New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez sent Santonio Holmes a heart-shaped box of shortbread cookies for Valentine's Day.

Well, sort of.

Showing a sense of humor as he attempts to repair the fractured relationship with his No. 1 receiver, Sanchez tweeted a valentine to Holmes late Tuesday night. The brief message included a picture of the gift-wrapped cookies.

The tweet read: "@santonio10 you want to be my Valentine? #fb"

If Sanchez is playing the role of Cupid, Jets fans can only hope his arrows are more accurate than his passes to Holmes. Statistically, they had the lowest success rate among any quarterback-receiver tandem in the NFL last season.

Sanchez and Holmes, whose rift became the focal point of the Jets' locker-room discord, already have talked by phone since the season ended. Two weeks ago, coach Rex Ryan revealed that the two players were trying to arrange a sitdown, perhaps even an extended meeting over the course of a weekend -- a couple's retreat, so to speak.

No word on whether that has occurred.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7577700/awww-new-york-jets-mark-sanchez-asks-santonio-holmes-valentine

Personally I would go with Kate Upton as my valentine way before sending any chocolates to that guy. Another questionable decision by the Sanchize!