PDA

View Full Version : Jaworski Gone From Monday Night Football

Conley
02-15-2012, 05:18 PM
For just the sixth time in its 42-year history on television, "Monday Night Football" next season will feature a two-person broadcast team.

Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden will call the games for ESPN starting in 2012. Ron Jaworski is leaving the booth but has signed a five-year extension with ESPN in an expanded analyst role with the company.

"I am grateful for having the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of working on 'Monday Night Football' the past five seasons with Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden and so many other talented people behind the scenes who make the show so great, and I look forward to bringing my passion and knowledge of the game to more fans in more places than ever before on any and all football topics," Jaworski said in a statement.

Jaworski has been in the "Monday Night Football" booth for the past five seasons. He originally joined ESPN in 1990 and has worked in a number of roles, from sideline reporter to studio host to analyst.

Jaworski will make regular appearances on "Sunday NFL Countdown", "NFL Matchup", "NFL Live", "NFL Kickoff", "Mike & Mike in the Morning" and PTI's "Five Good Minutes." He also will be featured in ESPN's NFL draft and Super Bowl programming.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7578327/mike-tirico-jon-gruden-duo-call-monday-night-football-games-2012

I can't say I'll miss him. Tirico's not that great either, but hopefully the games are better next season and the booth stays out of the way.

Mister D
02-15-2012, 05:28 PM
So that's why they called him Jaws. :smiley:

MMC
02-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Now if Monday Night Football would get rid of Al Michaels.

Conley
02-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Not going to happen.

MMC
02-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Bring back Madden I say!

Conley
02-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Well Madden and Michaels got along I think, but Madden was just ready to retire.